Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Dead men tell no tales: Burnout 3 (merged)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead men tell no tales: Burnout 3 (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
DAMNIT!!!!1

I called 4 different places and this game is all rented everywheres
Old 09-17-04, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
I hate the time trials... usually in the races you can crash a couple of times and catch up, but some of these time trials are pretty ruthless in that you have to use boost the whole time and not nick anything...

Incredible game, I'm glad that this thread turned me onto it, since I didn't think I'd get another driving game until GT3. I love that you can just pick it up and play for a little bit at a time, and if you just have a couple of minutes at the very least you can do some of those crash challenges (even though most of them so far seem to rely on hitting that x4 to get the high scores and postcards).
Old 09-18-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally posted by ElementZ
DAMNIT!!!!1

I called 4 different places and this game is all rented everywheres
well duh. It is (was when you posted) Friday night at 7 pm, a week after the game was released. You gotta hit em up early. Like on Thursday.

I agree on the time trials, I can sit on the boost the whole time wreck twice and still only get a silver. Definitely tough.
Old 09-18-04, 09:43 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
boy i love this game !

no game i am currently playing gets my heartbeat up like Burnout 3 !
Old 09-18-04, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm about 93% with 25 hours in - had one instance of "freezing" when my car got knocked off a bridge and I sailed forever. The Burning Laps are crazy hard (most of them) - I played one last night for over an hour until I finally did it flawlessly. And the last GP with the Cart Racer is insanely difficult. I hate that car.
Old 09-18-04, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The time trials are making this game hard. But hard in a good way.
On the other hand, the crash levels are pretty easy, since it basically just comes down to getting the 4x bonus.
Old 09-18-04, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I went to the video store today on a whim and decided to see if they had the game, there was about 4 copies so I grabbed one. Man I got home at 10:00 and am now just taking a break from playing it.

I LOVE this game! This actually the first game Ive rented in a LONG time (I dont play games much; too little time) But wow, all I can say is wow playing it! I think Ill be up till 5 in the morning playing.

Too bad it didnt come with an instruction booklet; Im curious about the other modes and such (ive just played single races and earned about 5 cars already).

The music kinda sucks though. I just turn that off and leave the efx and just blast my heavy metal!
Old 09-18-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't know if there is a bug in my game or what. How do you unlock new areas in crash mode. The only one I have been playing is trailer trash and I have gotten up to $260,000 and I don't know why it hasn't unlocked any of the other arenas yet. I have the xbox version by the way.
Old 09-18-04, 11:45 PM

You have to do the World Tour.
Old 09-19-04, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
I'm up to 42% done, love the game
Old 09-20-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked this up today after trading in a ton of games at EB. Fable was a letdown so I wanted something "mindless" and fun.

I've only done 3 races but this game is awesome. I started off trying crash mode and thought I might of made a bad choice...but the regular races are far better than I expected.

If anyone wants to play online later on look me up:
MasterofDVD

This and Tiger Woods should keep me very busy and entertained on XBOX Live for some time.
Old 09-21-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
There's a time-trial in Europe where I boosted the whole time and NEVER crashed, and made every corner perfectly, yet I could only get silver - I missed gold by about 2-3 seconds, but since I can't pick a different car, there's really no way I can shave off even one second from my time - WTF?
Old 09-21-04, 10:28 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im not sure about the track you're speaking of, but on some tracks you can cut corners

Spoiler:
basically what looks like guard rails or fences are really just easily knocked down like lawn chairs--at least on that one city map in USA
Old 09-22-04, 01:46 AM

Originally posted by slop101
There's a time-trial in Europe where I boosted the whole time and NEVER crashed, and made every corner perfectly, yet I could only get silver - I missed gold by about 2-3 seconds, but since I can't pick a different car, there's really no way I can shave off even one second from my time - WTF?
Ive been playing the came till like 5 am every morning (even with college classes the next day) and Im at 40% done, but damn is there ALOT of bullshit in this game; takedowns not counting, cars weaving into me, AI ALWYAS being on you, no matter what and once the AI gets a significant lead its near impossible ot catch up.

Im digging this game, but sometimes it seems that though they encourage you to take risks and crash, a single crash in a damn level can totally mess you up and your screwed.

This game is totally love hate love
Old 09-22-04, 09:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Going to try tomorrow to rent this. I am off thursday, friday, and saturday, so hopefully I can get into this. Regardless, I think I am still going to ask for this for my bday or xmas.
Old 09-22-04, 05:55 PM

Question About Burnout 3 Crash Version

I've been playing this game for some time now, and cannot seem to achieve any other crash levels. Is there a trick to this?
Old 09-22-04, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MOD NOTE: Thanks flashburn. The above post was merged with a thread already in progress. -namja
Old 09-22-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm up for a game this weekend. I'm done at 8pm the rest of the week and would enjoy a big game online.
Old 09-23-04, 01:28 AM

Damn....

I played multi and I was in first for a whole lap, perfect lap infact. Than right at the beging of the 2nd I get in 2 quick crashes, before I know it Im in 5th and 48 seconds behind. And that was in fifth, my sister was in sixt and 74 seconds behind....

This game is starting to bug me...
Old 09-23-04, 08:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Question About Burnout 3 Crash Version

Originally posted by meharry2003
I've been playing this game for some time now, and cannot seem to achieve any other crash levels. Is there a trick to this?
Make sure that you are selecting "Burnout 3 World Tour" from the main screen, and not single event.
Old 09-24-04, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I must say, this is the most fun driving game I've ever played. Notice I said driving game, not racing game. The Crash and Road Rage events are a blast, but I hate the racing portions. Stupid rubber band AI.
Old 09-24-04, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Really? I am actually enjoying the racing more than the Crash in this one. Where-as In Burnout 2, the Crash mode ruled all. The racing is just more challenging and definitly more fun with the takedowns.
Old 09-24-04, 05:19 PM

I like how you really need to have some sort of plan if you wanna get golds in the crash modes. At first it looks like you can just drive in there and create some mayhem and succeed, but there's more to it than that.
Old 09-24-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Yocke
I like how you really need to have some sort of plan if you wanna get golds in the crash modes. At first it looks like you can just drive in there and create some mayhem and succeed, but there's more to it than that.
I have only done about 20-30 of the crashes so far, but they seem a bit easy to get gold. Simply hitting the multiplier, and whatever cars are near it is usually sufficient. I think it would almost be better without the multipliers.
Old 10-03-04, 02:30 PM

Burnout 3 is EVIL

This could be the most addictive game ever... including GTA and CounterStrike.

I sit down to play one race, 4.5 hours later I'm still there!

Anyone else totally hooked on this game?

The reward system is so compelling it keeps you going... almost every rate/event you win gives you another car (or 3), 1 or more new events, etc...

They should make their marketing slogan
"Burnout 3: Better than Crack"

And I've barely tried it on LIVE yet (I needed to win more cars to use!) ; )

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.