Reload this Page >

BB $29.99 pre-orders w/ 2 Trade-ins GC, PS2, XBOX

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-06-04, 03:18 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting Sept 7th when you trade in any 2 preowned games you get any preorder for $29.99. Plus you get the trade-in value of the game.

If you don't have 2 games you can buy [email protected], get one for 1/2 @ 3.50. Then turn around and trade those 2 back for $4 plus get $20 off a preorder. Basically, getting a new game for around $37. Not bad for Halo 2.
Old 09-06-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This isn't actually at blockbuster, but at their new in-store game store "gamerush". Only some blockbusters have them so you might want to check if your blockbuster has one. But they are converting tons of blockbusters into bb/gamerush all the time.

I posted my trade in for Metroid Prime 2 here

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=381997

This is a great deal because blockbuster gives great trade-in values compared to the pennies offered by gamestop/EB. Many games that sell for less than 10 new can get you a lot more trade in credit, combined with the $20 off preorder it ends up being a great deal.

One example is Drake (XBOX) is selling for $7 at gamestop new, and gets you $21 at gamerush for trade in. Cheapassgamer has a lot of info on this.
Old 09-06-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought you needed a coupon for this?
Old 09-06-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 454 Likes on 273 Posts
Never seen a game store inside Blockbuster. Maybe it's a reigonal thing at this point?

And just for clarity:
BB = Best Buy
BBV = Blockbuster Video

Old 09-06-04, 06:13 PM

According to their website, Game Rushes are in California, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, and Texas.

If you live in one of these states and you haven't taken advantage of their very generous offers in recent months, you need to be slapped silly. I haven't seen such obvious 'Take a loss to gain marketshare' deals since the glory days of shopping on the internet in '99, before everybody involved went out of business.

If there's anybody here who doesn't visit various Hot Deals sites, or did so without following Game Rush threads, here's the gist...

Either yesterday or today was the end of 'Trade 2 old games, get one used for $9.99.' {On top of that, there is 'Buy one used, get the second at half price'. And at one point for all (and still current for some [like mine in Indiana]) was 'Trade one old game, get $20 knocked off a new game.}

And with all, you'd still get the value of your trade-ins, as well.

The possibility was there (exploited by many at some Hot Deals sites) to bring in two worthless, ancient PSX games [with ZERO exclusions] to get a recent used game for $9.99, which could then be traded back in for its (up to $35) value.

With that credit, you could buy two of the cheapest games available (the second was 50% off, too, remember) for perhaps $5. At this point, you've turned two PSX games that belong in the trash in 2004 plus $10 into two similarly worthless games and $30 in Blockbuster credit.

Then you trade those two back in for a valuable used game, knocking less than $9.99 (exact price depends on what these were worth trading in) of your store credit, and convert it back into another valuable game worth up to a $35 trade.

Rinse and repeat until your conscience starts bothering you, or until you're banned from the store.

Last edited by mr.snowmizer; 09-06-04 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-06-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Outlaw
I thought you needed a coupon for this?
You did, but it is now a standard deal either starting today or tomorrow on the 7th.
Old 09-07-04, 01:55 AM

Dos BBV have a list of excluded titles?
Old 09-07-04, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by Tigger
Dos BBV have a list of excluded titles?
No exclusions, just has to be a PS2, GC, or XBOX title.
Old 09-07-04, 06:39 PM

Anybody has the list of titles which can be pre-ordered? I called them and they said that we can only pre-order games which they have the code for in their computer.
Old 09-07-04, 09:24 PM

A couple of days ago, I had my hands on a several-days-old printout which includes just some of what's in the system. Xbox, alone, was one and one-half pages, which must have been at least seventy titles. PS2 was far more.

If it's coming out in the fourth quarter, chances are it's in their system.
Old 09-08-04, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pre-ordered Paper Mario 2 and Prince of Persia 2 for the cube today with this deal. Blockbuster has some great trade in prices for games.
Old 09-08-04, 12:47 AM

Is GBA games qualify for the 2 trade in? i thought the last coupon also include the GBA games..
Old 09-08-04, 12:24 PM

I don't think GBA games are "officially" apart of the new $20 off advance order deal... BIG BUT... There are 4 BBV/Gamerushes around me and ALL do things different and sometimes it's even different in the same store with different employees. One cashier allowed the use of an old gameboy Color game to work with these deals. I'd say deviations from the rules are YMMV.
Old 09-08-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This deal is insane. I took in 6 old Xbox and GameCube games that were probably only worth $30 total and by the time I had finished preordering three titles they had given me $118 dollars worth of credit for them.

First I got the $60 off the preorders. Next I got an extra $5 per game since I was trading in more than three. Next I got the trade in value of the games. Took the guy at the register awhile to put it all in, but it was worth the wait.

I preordered Paper Mario 2, Donkey Konga, and Tony Hawk Underground 2 and only spent $38 out of my own pocket.
Old 09-10-04, 08:55 AM

combine this with the minimum $5 store credit when you trade in any used DVD to make the deal even better.
Old 09-11-04, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I live in AZ and it looks like they don't have Gamerush set up in any of our stores, anybody find that some BBVs do this deal?
Old 09-11-04, 11:48 PM

Ever since I discovered Game Rush had moved into my area about a month ago, I've ended up trading...

1. Four ancient PSX games (Creatures, Gran Turismo, Colony Wars, and Medal of Honor)
2. GBA Fire Pro Wrestling
3. Xbox Haunted Mansion and Crimson Sea (from CC's $5 clearance), ESPN Baseball, original Splinter Cell, Crimson Skies, and Nascar Thunder 2002
4. $218

for (all for Xbox)...
1. Deus Ex: Invisible War
2. Panzer Dragoon Orta
3. Psi Ops
4. Burnout 3
5. Fable
6. Ghost Recon 2
7. Halo 2
8. FIFA 2005
9. Brothers in Arms
10. Lord of the Rings: Third Age
11. Star Wars: Battlefront
12. Doom 3
13. Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory
14. Close Combat: First to Fight
15. Outrun 2

Any game that's a disappointment will immediately be worth more as a trade-in than what I paid for it. Thank you, Blockbuster execs, for your generosity! { That's one sentence that nobody has probably ever written before. }

Old 09-12-04, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
thought about driving to the closed one to check it out (hour away), but then I thought, damn, if I pre-order something I have to drive all the way back to get it. I guess I'll pass.
Old 09-13-04, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They're also giving 25% off accessories if you trade in 2 used ones. They're giving a $15 store credit for the big ass X box controller and $17 for the S controller.