DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   my hand is worn out playing with madden... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/383472-my-hand-worn-out-playing-madden.html)

charlie bucket 09-02-04 04:23 PM

Madden hurts

Madden is causing my thumbs to hurt. :up::up:

Anyone else?

cowboy 09-03-04 08:33 AM

when I first got the game and didn't know how to use the hitstick, I would throw my thumb into the right analog. After a while, my nail started lifting up. With a little more practice, my nail would jam into my thumb and cause bits of flesh to squeeze out. It was painful and gross but I couldn't put the game down. I'd remember to not use the hitstick anymore, but I'd forget sometimes and continue to hurt myself. I took a vacation for a week and was away from madden, so its all healed now.

anyone down for a game on live?

PixyJunket 09-03-04 08:45 AM

Can't say anything about Madden, but I did play a crazy 5 hour Giga Wing 2 session on the Dreamcast one day only to find out that the machine's poorly designed controller literally cut a good portion of my thumb's skin off.

Sharp-edged D-pad.. who was the genius that decided that?

MasterCXtreme 09-03-04 10:19 AM

I got blisters from Mario Party years ago.

spainlinx0 09-03-04 10:25 AM

My thumbs would get shredded from playing Virtua Tennis and its sequel on the Dreamcast. Soft buttons would have been nice Sega.

Absolute Zero 09-03-04 04:09 PM

Originally posted by spainlinx0
My thumbs would get shredded from playing Virtua Tennis and its sequel on the Dreamcast. Soft buttons would have been nice Sega.
The exact same thing happened to me as well.

spainlinx0 09-03-04 09:27 PM

I never did beat King and Queen in doubles. It was so frustrating having to go around the calendar to challenge them again. Stupid doubles partner.

mrmagoo 09-03-04 09:57 PM

Originally posted by cowboy
when I first got the game and didn't know how to use the hitstick, I would throw my thumb into the right analog. After a while, my nail started lifting up. With a little more practice, my nail would jam into my thumb and cause bits of flesh to squeeze out. It was painful and gross but I couldn't put the game down. I'd remember to not use the hitstick anymore, but I'd forget sometimes and continue to hurt myself. I took a vacation for a week and was away from madden, so its all healed now.

anyone down for a game on live?

I have been diagnosed with "xbox thumb". Guess I never really let my nintendo thumb heal from years ago. It sucks when insurance companies deny you coverage for xbox thumb too :D

Seriously though i have had a problem with the hit stick, except for not only do I have the pain, but I keep turning that little microphone thingy in the bottom right hand corner on and off when I use the hit stick too. :grunt:

cross 09-03-04 10:58 PM

My thumb will never be the same after playing TMNT2 the Arcade Game on the NES. Damm that special move. Dammit it to hell.

FuzzyBallz 09-05-04 02:09 PM

Am I missing something? Sore thumbs playing Madden? Been playing Madden since '94 on SNES, never had a sore thumb. Now street fighter type games on the other hand...

Tarantino 09-30-04 03:24 PM

Anyone got any tips on how to run on this game? I average like...2.4 yards a carry.

fumanstan 09-30-04 04:05 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
Anyone got any tips on how to run on this game? I average like...2.4 yards a carry.
Only tip i can give you is to watch the defense and use playmaker if you're running towards a side thats loaded up with defenders.

darqleo 09-30-04 04:49 PM

All my fingers would kill after long, late night sessions playing METROID PRIME and CHAMPIONS OF NORRATH. Especially the thumbs.

gp98 10-01-04 07:21 AM

I don't get gamer's thumb from madden and I think the reason is you get a break every few seconds. Playing soccer will cause it a little but hockey's the worst since I'm always turning and hitting, etc.

The hitstick is not a problem at all for me. I'm playing on PS2, is hitstick pain a xbox thing?

cowboy 10-01-04 09:01 AM

soccer is rough on the thumbs. fight night is pretty bad too. your trigger fingers get real messed up after a fight.

the hitstick on xbox sucks because the controller has a tiny edge. so if you bash it enough, it starts digging in.

Trigger 10-01-04 12:16 PM

"madden" - that's a silly thing to name your pen0r.

Groucho 10-01-04 12:25 PM

The N64 Mario Party games were brutal on the hands. After one game, I'd be sore for days. The Gamecube sequels are pretty good though.

charlie bucket 10-01-04 02:38 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
"madden" - that's a silly thing to name your pen0r.
The thread title was changed. Does sound a little perverse now.

Cornholio 10-01-04 03:58 PM

Alex Lewis from the detroit lions came ot my high school yesterday and talked to my retarded math class about staying in school. hes from my home town my brother went to school with him.

i havent played madden in a while.