DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Shenmue Online (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/378634-shenmue-online.html)

PixyJunket 08-05-04 05:13 PM

Shenmue Online

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0408/game080404b.shtml

El-Kabong 08-05-04 05:55 PM

Cool! That means I can wander around a city and ask total strangers "About that day. The day it snowed? Did you see . . . a car?"

Cant wait.

young 08-05-04 05:59 PM

omg... i am so there! my first MMORPG :D

but, this begs the question... where is shenmue 3?

jrutz 08-05-04 06:05 PM

Can I be a sailor?

Jeremy

RyoHazuki 08-05-04 07:14 PM

Hot snapple dance! Does this mean Shenmue 3 is coming?

Outlaw 08-05-04 08:10 PM

I saw this a couple days ago. Korean developed MMORPG. So far only to be released in Korea, China, and Japan.

How the hell does this game play? And whats up with all those people shooting fireballs?

I'm hoping it will actually be a game and not a shenmue skinned chatting client.

darkside 08-05-04 08:38 PM

Man, I get to tell people from all over the world that "I'm looking for a sailor, are you a sailor?"

Thats going to be awesome.

xmiyux 08-05-04 09:12 PM

Damn, i came into this thread solely to make a joke about sailors.... beaten yet again to the punchline *sigh*

Link_182 08-05-04 10:08 PM

I've always wanted to stand on the street saying

"How about trying lucky hit"

with real people. But when I do that at the mall, people look at me funny. This will do just fine. :)

Tarantino 08-06-04 01:24 AM

Hmmm...a toy...

TOPDAWG 08-06-04 04:25 AM

I just want Shenmue 3 GOD DAMN IT :( Hold on I just had a very bad idea. Looking at them pictures they are all CG. What if when you start the game you start where 2 lift off then after you leave that place the rest of the story will be online.

God I hope they don't do this shit.

thegame370 08-06-04 05:43 AM

I just want Shenmue 3, i mean i dont know why thats not the one being released or announced already!

theneobez 08-06-04 09:51 AM

Haha, now we can race fork lifts with people from across the world!

JK, I am really looking forward to how this turns out. Could be my first MMORPG

Breakfast with Girls 08-06-04 10:00 AM

:lol: That's a lot of dead fathers to avenge.

jrutz 08-06-04 10:41 AM

Originally posted by theneobez
JK, I am really looking forward to how this turns out. Could be my first MMORPG
Yeah all joking aside, this could be a really cool concept. Shenmue was pretty much a living world anyway, so why not have players live in it together? Someone could run a shop, work at the docks, etc. Join (or create) rival dojos. Different locales to be accessible by boat (Japan vs. China). Lots of potential, I just wonder how they would incorporate a story into such a PVP concept.

Jeremy

young 08-06-04 10:47 AM

well, that sort of sounds similar to the star wars galaxies mmorpg...

but why would anyone want to run a shop instead of being a martial artist in search of the ultimate technique (or something like that). the rival dojos sounds better.

jrutz 08-06-04 01:20 PM

Originally posted by young
well, that sort of sounds similar to the star wars galaxies mmorpg...

but why would anyone want to run a shop instead of being a martial artist in search of the ultimate technique (or something like that). the rival dojos sounds better.

Everyone's gotta have money, right? Even Ryo in the first Shenmue had his mother give him an allowance to buy trinkets and stuff. Collectibles should be a big part in the MMORPG. And maybe you need money to build your own dojo, travel, etc.

You could still run a noodle shop or an arcade and be a martial arts master. ;)

Jeremy

young 08-06-04 01:42 PM

well, i don't mind moving crates to earn some money, but i don't want a game where i have to get a job... that's just too mundane.

i want to be able to learn new moves, go into the underbelly of asia, challenge others in mortal combat, explore new cities (w/ npc characters), speak vaguely as if i know something, etc. collecting things is ok although i never got into that in the shenmue games.

i gotta be a wandering warrior! :D

Fincher Fan 08-08-04 10:13 AM

Finally! I can drink all the soda I want.

beefjerky 08-08-04 06:16 PM

This game better have constantly updated capsule machines.