Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

HUGE $4.99 Game Clearance at Circuit City stores

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

HUGE $4.99 Game Clearance at Circuit City stores

Old 07-11-04, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not go today and I'm not going back. The guy I talked too said they would not get anything today and had nothing in the back.

So I scored pretty big 13 games is more then enouth for me. Also don't want to end up spending to damn much. Trying to contral my spending right now. I only missed 2 games I wanted so I did pretty damn good. I seem to have got allot of the games people was after on here lucky me.

Also one guy told me they may get more in this week. However the CC I go too is not the biggest so I don't think they will get anything else myself.
Old 07-11-04, 07:28 PM

My local store didn't even have any PS2 or GC games; just PS1 and GBC/GBA. Disappointing.
Old 07-11-04, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 219 Posts
I was happy enough to get Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance for 0.01 a couple days ago. I wanted Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 but I dont think my CC has had that ever in stock.

Didn't bother going back today, but my dad went with my little brother to the San Rafael, CA store, said it looked like they restocked. Might want to call.
Old 07-12-04, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by alexkat
I have a Bloodrayne for the GC that I don't want. I was going to return it, but if you want it, email me at [email protected].
Thanks alexkat, I REALLY appreciate the offer but I've decided to fork over twenty bucks for Prince of Persia at BB.

BTW- The CC I went to had no new stock. There were some titles on the shelf, like Beyond Good & Evil for X-Box, but I was told that it was not on sale. The employee said that the list online is not offcial and was therefore incorrect. I might check back on Tuesday, but I'm not sure that I want to waste my time.

In retrospect, this sale seemed like a disaster and I'm not saying that out of jealousy for those who managed to sang a few titles. I just think that the advertising details were a mess and the salespeople ill informed or confused. The sale also brought out some ugliness in people. To buy 10 copies of a game and then resell or try to return them somewhere else just seems a little ridiculous to me. When I was at CC last Thursday one fellow gamer had a printed list and he helped me look for titles that were not on the 'official CC' list. Reading some of the stories in this forum though demonstrates how greedy people can be.

But hey, that's capitalism for you.
Old 07-12-04, 01:06 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went to the Nashua NH location today. Last time I went all they had were Jampacks and sports titles. I managed to find State of Emergency, Galerians Ash and a few other 4.99 titles i didn't bother picking up like Konami collection for GBA and terminator Dawn of Fate.
Old 07-12-04, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by remjim
But hey, that's human nature for you.
fixed.
Old 07-12-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I heard about this sale the Friday before the big weekend where everything started getting sold out. Found out about it before it was posted on this site, from cheapassgamer.com. This was when there was only 1 thread and it was only a few pages long.

I really wanted to go out and buy a bunch of games. After all, it's only $5 a game. Then I began to think of all the games I already have. And how I don't even have enuf time to play those. And then I decided not to buy any at all.
Old 07-12-04, 01:32 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Joshic
I heard about this sale the Friday before the big weekend where everything started getting sold out. Found out about it before it was posted on this site, from cheapassgamer.com. This was when there was only 1 thread and it was only a few pages long.

I really wanted to go out and buy a bunch of games. After all, it's only $5 a game. Then I began to think of all the games I already have. And how I don't even have enuf time to play those. And then I decided not to buy any at all.
heh, i thought that exact same thing. But then i figured at 5 bucks, that's about as expensive as a rental so what the heck.
Old 07-12-04, 02:16 PM

Originally posted by Joshic
fixed.
Point well taken!
Old 07-12-04, 04:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by remjim
In retrospect, this sale seemed like a disaster and I'm not saying that out of jealousy for those who managed to sang a few titles. I just think that the advertising details were a mess and the salespeople ill informed or confused. The sale also brought out some ugliness in people. To buy 10 copies of a game and then resell or try to return them somewhere else just seems a little ridiculous to me. When I was at CC last Thursday one fellow gamer had a printed list and he helped me look for titles that were not on the 'official CC' list. Reading some of the stories in this forum though demonstrates how greedy people can be.
I agree they should have put a one game limit on folks. I missed a game I wanted cause the guy got 2 copy's of each game he got for himself. I only got one copy of games I wanted plus lift some games cause they may have been fun but I wanted to leave stuff for other people. I also helped people find stuff when they saw me with a list and asked me about it. My store is out now of anything I'd want I looked throw their shelfs I know where all the games are in that store now :P
Old 07-12-04, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up serious sam, metal gear solid 2, and crazy taxi 3.

Also Circuitcity.com had a couple games for 4.99 but were sold out quickly.
Link:
http://www.circuitcity.com/departmen...nt=Video+Games

And bestbuy.com has a couple of 4.99 games.
metal arms xbox
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....6&type=product

resident evil ps2
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....8&type=product

Dark Cloud ps2
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....6&type=product

ebgames has a few
dave mirra 2 xbox new 4.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/2...kHNKPQ2peVvD1g

dead to rights or rogue ops for 6.99 new xbox
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/219893.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236171.asp

nfl2k ps2 new 2.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/220320.asp

mace griffin ps2 new 4.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/232129.asp

there might be more but these were the only ones I could find

Last edited by lukewarmwater; 07-12-04 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-12-04, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by TOPDAWG
I agree they should have put a one game limit on folks. I missed a game I wanted cause the guy got 2 copy's of each game he got for himself. I only got one copy of games I wanted plus lift some games cause they may have been fun but I wanted to leave stuff for other people. I also helped people find stuff when they saw me with a list and asked me about it. My store is out now of anything I'd want I looked throw their shelfs I know where all the games are in that store now :P
I think this is going to be a learning experience for Circuit City. I hope at the very least that they put a limit on the amount of titles that one person can purchase.
Old 07-13-04, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
I checked another Circuit City near my house and they were cleaned out. They had 2 different bins, and both were empty. I am talking completely, not even old sports games remained.

At least I was able to get a few games last week.
Old 07-13-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CC usually gets shipments in on Tuesdays, anyone finding any new stuff today?
Old 07-13-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to CAG, the website was restocked last night.
Old 07-13-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Demontooth
According to CAG, the website was restocked last night.
Here is what they have for $4.99 online currently:
PS
Dexter's Laboratory: Mardark's Lab? (PSone™)
MLB™ 2003 (PSone™)
The Italian Job (PSone™)
Motocross Mania (PSone™)
FIFA Soccer 2003 (PSone™)
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Ultimate Challenge (PSone™)

PS2
JamPack Summer 2003 (PlayStation®2)

XBOX
Exhibition Volume 5 (Xbox™)

GCN - Nothing
GBA - Nothing
Old 07-13-04, 10:32 AM
Cool New Member

They cap sales per person on big new releases that they are selling at way low prices. This they do for a few reasons, but mostly because they want to have quantities available for every person coming in to buy one.

For a clearance event like this, the rules are different though. Remember, they want to get rid of this stuff! It's excess that they don't want to carry any longer - period. So if somebody wants to walk into a store and buy them all up in one fell swoop, then chances are they are going to let them.

Sure some of us are going to be disappointed when what we hoped for is not there, but we need to understand that this is a clearance and not some big new release event. First come first serve baby
Old 07-13-04, 12:41 PM
Banned

Anyone have an extra copy of Space Channel 5 for the GBA from the sale? Drop me a line at [email protected] if you'd like to part with it!

FS
Old 07-13-04, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's still some stuff available at my local CC. I went today and was able to find Tribes, Zone of the Enders: Second Runner, and Wallace & Gromit Project Zoo.

I'm sure there were others, but those are the ones I picked up myself.

For once, it's good not living in a big city.....
Old 07-13-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went back to circuit city and picked up shenmue II for 4.99 .

Also circuitcity.com has a notify me when game arived option, does this mean they actually will get more in?

Of the xbox games I saw when I went back they had:
Shenmue II
Mace Griffin
Terminator 3, they cant give this game away,
Aquaman,
Run Like Hell
Serous Sam
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
some sports games
but these were all in the regual xbox section marked 49.99 but rang up 4.99

So in the end I picked up
Crazy Taxi 3
Shenmue II
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Serious Sam

Anyone actually play run like hell? It sounds cool and its got walken so I was really tempted to buy it.
Old 07-13-04, 04:02 PM

After visiting 5 different Circuit City stores in Minnesota and Maryland, I only managed to find one XBOX game I wanted, NHL 2003.

I saw a lot of All Star baseballs, NFL 2K3s, NHL 2002s. No luck with Gladius. Anyone manage to find a copy of Gladius?
Old 07-13-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by finbogg
Anyone manage to find a copy of Gladius?
Gladius is on the list? I saw a copy at my CC - maybe even two... can anyone confirm a $4.99 on this, it's not on the master list at cheapassgamer as far as I can tell.
Old 07-13-04, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by cheapskate
Gladius is on the list? I saw a copy at my CC - maybe even two... can anyone confirm a $4.99 on this, it's not on the master list at cheapassgamer as far as I can tell.
Only the version for Xbox is part of the sale, not gamecube or ps2 so I bet those copies you saw are 29.99, not 4.99. Don't worry, my wishful thinking crossed over to the other platforms as well
Old 07-13-04, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jamezuva
Only the version for Xbox is part of the sale, not gamecube or ps2 so I bet those copies you saw are 29.99, not 4.99. Don't worry, my wishful thinking crossed over to the other platforms as well

I was having a hard time keeping all the recent clearence lists straight in my head. I actually had a few really strange dreams about it...

Anyway, yeah it was Gladius for the PS2.
Old 07-13-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

if anyone cares target is having a 15% off everything sale, I was going to pre-order halo, but shipping is 4.99 and tax is 3.25 so the 54.99 item with the 15% off comes to 55.48.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.