DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Freedom Fighters problems on XBox? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/371494-freedom-fighters-problems-xbox.html)

redcat 06-24-04 12:18 PM

Freedom Fighters problems on XBox?

Just wondered if others had encountered the "dirty or damaged disk" error on this game. I picked up it a few days ago for $20 and like the game, but I get the error message so often that it's not really playable. I have one of the original consoles with the defective Thomson drive, but I sent it back 2 years ago to get fixed, and this is the first game I've had since then that consistently gives me the error.

dancinns 06-24-04 12:48 PM

I haven't had any problems. I've played through the first couple of missions...

How far are you in to the game?

squi23 06-24-04 01:21 PM

The game is a piece of crap on the PS2 as well.

All the video segments skip like the resources aren't quite there, but then the actual gameplay is alright.

I'm thinking bad discs is what helped to make this game get so cheap.

jagernaut 06-25-04 10:50 AM

Originally posted by squi23
The game is a piece of crap on the PS2 as well.

All the video segments skip like the resources aren't quite there, but then the actual gameplay is alright.

I'm thinking bad discs is what helped to make this game get so cheap.

Do you have an infrared remote receiver plugged into the 2nd controller input? If so, unplug it and the video segments will play perfectly. That's the only bug i've come across while playing the PS2 version

RudeBoie 06-25-04 12:20 PM

It might be your XBox too.

I had mine repaired a year back, and then when I got it back LOTR started acting up with sync issues. But everything else was ok, so I ignored it.

As time passed, I had more and more errors until I sent it in again a few months ago.

redcat 06-26-04 11:29 AM

Originally posted by dancinns
I haven't had any problems. I've played through the first couple of missions...

How far are you in to the game?

I'm a few missions in. It just seems to happen at random spots, and it happens pretty frequently. I haven't been playing my XBox that much lately, but this is the only game it's been happening on in the time that I have played it.

kar10 06-26-04 11:57 AM

I haven't had any problems at all. I finished the game twice and not even a slow down.(xbox version)

Perhaps it's your xbox? Who knows it also could be a defective game.

Gideon68 06-26-04 01:51 PM

Give EA a call and ask if there was a bad batch that went out. A while back, Serious Sam was having DDE problems and I found out it was from a bad batch, and they replaced. Of course, there were many who were experiencing problems with that game.

Liquid Death 06-26-04 05:48 PM

I have a new XBOX and I experienced no problems with a used copy of Freedom Fighters. I loved the game and hope they make a sequel.