DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Metal Slug 3! I Can't Find It.... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/368281-metal-slug-3-i-cant-find.html)

kar10 06-06-04 03:34 PM

Metal Slug 3! I Can't Find It....

Has anyone found this game at Best Buy or Circiut City?

I even went to Blockbuster to rent it and they don't carry the game around here. I went it four Blockbusters and not a single copy:(

Does anyone know if this game became published in limited quantities?

fumanstan 06-06-04 04:02 PM

I saw it at Fry's Electronics here in Cali... haven't looked at Best Buy or CC recently though.

Jtnguyen12 06-06-04 04:07 PM

You can't find Metal Slug in any stores like (Bestbuy, CC, Target, Walmart or Kmart)

Your bestbuy is Ebgames, Frys, Gamestop

flashburn 06-06-04 05:30 PM

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
You can't find Metal Slug in any stores like (Bestbuy, CC, Target, Walmart or Kmart)

Your bestbuy is Ebgames, Frys, Gamestop

Shouldn't your bestbuy be Best Buy? Or is that only when, dont forget use coupon save many much $$$$!!!

CouPoN is GooD!

kar10 06-06-04 05:32 PM

WOW! Have anyone seen this?

rotfl:hscratch:-screwy-

http://www.buy.com//retail/product.a...322&dcaid=1688

Static Cling 06-06-04 05:39 PM

Hot hot misprice deal!

young 06-06-04 05:42 PM

wow... what a deal! :D;)

Gideon68 06-06-04 06:46 PM

Ha, Ha... it's because there's less than 50 copies made...

Saw a few at TRU but not all TRU seems to have gotten them

the_dude8 06-06-04 10:14 PM

metal slug 4 and 5 are really fun; but it's very hard. the neo geo roms are really good on the xbox.

Goldberg74 06-06-04 10:27 PM

I played the demo at Wal*Mart and was whisked back to the day of great 2D side scrollers!

Too bad I don't have an XBox. :(

the_dude8 06-06-04 10:44 PM

Originally posted by Goldberg74
I played the demo at Wal*Mart and was whisked back to the day of great 2D side scrollers!

Too bad I don't have an XBox. :(

i think it's time for you to get an xbox.

is there a code like the contra code for metal slug for xtra lives?

Decker 06-07-04 01:22 AM

Originally posted by kar10
WOW! Have anyone seen this?

rotfl:hscratch:-screwy-

http://www.buy.com//retail/product.a...322&dcaid=1688

Thanks, but I think I'll wait until the price drops to $199.999.99.

zero 06-07-04 02:28 AM

Originally posted by the_dude8
i think it's time for you to get an xbox.

is there a code like the contra code for metal slug for xtra lives?

You're kidding right? There are NO codes for Metal Slug its all about timing and skill. However he doesnt NEED to buy an XBox if he's a little patient Metal Slug Advance will be released this August and later in the year I believe by NOV/DEC Metal Slug 4/5 will be on PS2 and XBox.

I got my copy from my store because I (the two words most gamers hate to hear) pre-ordered. Titles like Metal Slug dont get a lot of attention, so its up to fans of the series (like myself) to keep this kind of game in circulation. At least thats how I see it.

DLogic 06-07-04 02:45 AM

Originally posted by zero
I got my copy from my store because I (the two words most gamers hate to hear) pre-ordered.
My eyes... warn a brotha when you use words like that.

PixyJunket 06-07-04 08:10 AM

Fry's has PLENTY.. no need to pre-order! :up:

alexkat 06-07-04 09:23 AM

I've seen Metal Slug 3 Xbox at the Blockbusters near me. Maybe yours is just slow in getting them in?

Gizmo 06-07-04 07:48 PM

Gasp! Pre-order! Your crazy zero! You don't need to pre-order, you can find games anytime. Oh wait, this guy can't...

ecwfan 06-07-04 08:11 PM

My local Toys R Us has this game. Haven't seen it at Best Buy or Circuit City though.

puddytay 06-08-04 12:17 AM

MOD EDIT: Suggesting illegal activity is a no-no. So is saying "stupid" stuff. -namja

DVDKrayzie 06-08-04 12:19 AM

preordering is for fools. found one used at gamestop and used it for a buy 2 get 1 free

zero 06-08-04 02:45 AM

Originally posted by DVDKrayzie
preordering is for fools. found one used at gamestop and used it for a buy 2 get 1 free
No offense but its statements like these that dont explain to me how pre-ordering is for fools. I dont get what is so wrong with putting a deposit down for a game you're already going to buy and having some small sense of security that it will be at a store that you already shop at to begin with. I get that a video game store should carry a varied ammount of games but I dont like having to hunt down a game that may or may not be someplace else. I pre-ordered Castlevania Lament of Innocence and Time Crisis 3 well in advance. Castlevania would have been anywhere I decided to go but I wanted to show my support for a title I was excited about, same goes for Time Crisis 3. I traded in a few games and awaitied their arrival. Sadly Time Crisis arrived on time but Castlevania didnt. Someone screwed up our delivery. The next day I got the game @ cost. Instead of 49.99 I paid 37 and I also got my employee discount. I decided since I was getting such a good deal I ended up picking up Time Crisis 3 as well. I dont remember exactly how much I had in store credit, but I only ended up paying about $16 bucks for both games.

I would really like a concrete reason why so many are against something so simple as placing a pre-order.

Back to topic I paid 39.99 for an arcade port because I dont have the money to buy the arcade machine it was originally on, I would if I didnt have rent to pay but since I do I guess I'll continue to buy arcade ports for my consoles.

Jackskeleton 06-08-04 03:08 AM

pre-ordering is a method for stores to secure your money upfront so you are pretty much forced to spend your money there. Signing a binding contract with your cash months before hand even though other stores may offer a better deal on it on day of release.

If you have the means to get around then it's pointless to pre-order as any item will not sell out completely on day of release and you can look around and will indeed find it if you do look around.

There isn't a title I can think of that is OOP and can't be found through the many methods of used game stores ebay or even finding it new. Games are not that rare that pre-ordering is needed. Only reason to do it is if you get something good out of it such as a shirt or something of that nature. in those cases I just pay the $5 for the shirt and never buy the game there. it's cheaper elsewhere.

Pre-ordering is indeed pointless.

Static Cling 06-08-04 05:25 AM

Originally posted by zero
I would really like a concrete reason why so many are against something so simple as placing a pre-order.
I'm not really against it... I don't think it's pointless or for fools necessarily, I just would never do it, because I don't see the benefit to it. I can't recall ever being in a situation where I was completely unable to get a game because it was totally sold out everywhere. I don't get excited about getting games or movies on release day unless they're title I've really been waiting for. And like Jack, I'd rather wait until ads come out for the release week, and see who's offering the best deal... and if no one's offering a deal, I can wait until one is offered, or just buy it used. I've got a bunch of unplayed or unfinished games... waiting a couple of weeks for a deal is fine with me.

Is there any other benefit than making sure you get a game on release day? I don't understand how you got Castlevania "at cost."

Ralph Wiggum 06-08-04 05:28 AM

The only time pre-ordering for a "regular" game makes any sense to me is if there is a Wind Waker-type of bonus. Otherwise, it's an interest-free loan to buy the game at the highest possible price. I do all of the work, so to speak, and am rewarded with a full retail price point. Gee, thanks, but no thanks.

If I walk into a specialty store on the day a new game is released and they don't have a copy to sell me, I'll take my business down the street. There are plenty of alternatives, most of which sell the game cheaper than the dedicated stores, anyway. The EBs of the world lose business because it's their fault for not stocking enough.

Now, at a system launch or with AES carts - items which aren't going to be discounted or as widely available, there is heavy incentive to pre-order. For run-of-the-mill games, there is none.

young 06-08-04 08:40 AM

pre-ordering from online sites is good b/c i'm too lazy to go to b&ms anymore. so, i'd rather order it, forget about it until it shows up in my mailbox. occasionally, you get a cool thing (like a plushy toy or something) for pre-ordering.

wait, i just thought of something... what about for Unreal Tournament 2004 limited edition?

money isn't an issue at all since i have tons of it. TONS!*

seriously though, who cares if people pre-order or not? can't believe we've come to this.

*mostly monopoly money