Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Majesco GBA Video

Old 05-10-04, 08:37 PM

Majesco GBA Video

I picked up Sponge Bob Vol. I this morning at Target for $19.99. They had two volumes of Sponge Bob, Fairly Odd Parents and Dora the Explorer. I could care less about the later two but my wife now wants Vol. II for her SP. Each cart has 4 episodes and runs 44 minutes. Full DVD features include chapter skip, fastforward and rewind, menu navigation and pause.

Up close and under scrutiny the framerate slows down but I watched it all day at work at my computer and it looks decent at a slight distance. It sounds alright but you get a hiss through headphones (but that could be the crappy Mad Catz headphone adapters I swiped).

One bit of wierdness, the episodes listed on the package are different than the actual cart.

C'mon South Park and Star Wars: Clone Wars.
Old 05-11-04, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was wondering just how good these were gonna look, I heard that they look good but soundwise (SP thing) there is gonna be some hiss apparently

CLONE WARS is probably the one title I would spring for on these, especially since almost the whole series could fit on a cart.
Old 05-11-04, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to have the Spongebob episode where he learns some new words off the side of dumpster.
Old 05-14-04, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

that is interesting. I don't think the GBA is made to take sound that is not specially programmed. I just got the MP3 Jukebox and the sound is horrible comming from the speakers or through the headphone jack on the GBA. The saving grace is that the thing has a headphone jack built in and the sound is great coming from there. Interesting.