DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Ending to KOTOR (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/361991-ending-kotor.html)

bluntman72 05-03-04 12:10 PM

Ending to KOTOR

Question has been put in spoiler tags since it has some minor details about final battle of the game.

Spoiler:
I just got to the last battle in KOTOR and realized that the only dark side force power I had was force wave and I cant destroy the Jedi's held by the star forge which basically makes it near impossible to beat Malak and was wondering if someone can just tell me the light side ending since when I replay it I will go the Dark Side route.

nickdawgy 05-03-04 12:31 PM

Might wanna use spoiler tags....

wildcatlh 05-03-04 12:59 PM

One would think that it would be obvious that a thread called "Ending to KOTOR" would have spoilers, no?

kgrogers1979 05-03-04 01:14 PM

Spoiler:
You don't have to kill the captive jedi to beat Malak. Just keep hacking away at Malak and he will eventually die.

bluntman72 05-03-04 01:57 PM

I didn't use spoiler tags since the title should tell people who dont want to know the ending to not read it, but I will use them on all future posts in this thread.

Spoiler:
I fought Malak but after bringing his life down six times and watching him get a full life bar again by running upstairs and using another of the Jedi's he finally killed me. How many of the Jedi's are there for him to use to refill his life. it seemed like too many for me to overcome and I am thinking aboout just going back and replaying the game but I will probably do the dark side this time so I was hoping someone could just tell me what happens after you beat Malak since I probably wont see it myself.

Bluebomber 05-03-04 04:00 PM

You know there is a trick to this, just run away, when the distance cancels the battle simply refill on what health items you have, then try again.

nickdawgy 05-03-04 04:01 PM

Originally posted by WildcatLH
One would think that it would be obvious that a thread called "Ending to KOTOR" would have spoilers, no?
One would think that perhaps he was asking a question about the ending (which he was) and didn't reveal any of the plot (which he did)

I don't care, as I've already finished the game.

In any case, it's always safe to use spoiler tags, no?

nickdawgy 05-03-04 04:02 PM

Originally posted by bluntman72
I didn't use spoiler tags since the title should tell people who dont want to know the ending to not read it, but I will use them on all future posts in this thread.

Spoiler:
I fought Malak but after bringing his life down six times and watching him get a full life bar again by running upstairs and using another of the Jedi's he finally killed me. How many of the Jedi's are there for him to use to refill his life. it seemed like too many for me to overcome and I am thinking aboout just going back and replaying the game but I will probably do the dark side this time so I was hoping someone could just tell me what happens after you beat Malak since I probably wont see it myself.

You should edit the first post just in case as well.

Josh H 05-03-04 04:03 PM

You dont' have to have dark force powers to destory the jedi.

Spoiler:
You can use the lightsaber throw to destroy them.

jabbas 05-03-04 04:07 PM

as long as you keep re-equipping shields while fighting him, you can let him refill lives as much as he wants. These things are perhaps the most underused thing in the game, you're basically invincible with a shield equipped...

RoQuEr 05-03-04 05:15 PM

if you wear the belt of lightning resistance, and pause the game to heal in the inventory menu rather than use an actual game round to heal, you can defeat him handily

RoQuEr 05-03-04 05:21 PM

also,

Spoiler:
Press L + R on controllers one and four while you enter the final conversation before the battle, and it will skip the actual battle

gorgo99 05-03-04 07:09 PM

Instead of force wave, use throw lightsaber and destroy all of the captive jedi (sounds mean, but they've had it...)... then he can't heal, and you can take him down.

kgrogers1979 05-03-04 09:57 PM

Originally posted by bluntman72

Spoiler:
How many of the Jedi's are there for him to use to refill his life.

Spoiler:
There are 8 captive Jedi. Throughout the Star Forge level, probably half the dark jedi dropped Life Support Packs when I killed them. I think I had around 40 Life Support Packs by the time I reached Malak. Life Support Packs are the best form of healing. One of them will heal you almost completely. Just keep using these Life Support Packs and hacking away at Malak and he will die easily.

El-Kabong 05-03-04 11:34 PM

One way to whup the end boss is - at the beginning of every round, save the game then reload that save. The game resets that combat round to the beginning and he never gets a chance to attack.

I'd built my character pretty poorly (I dont know the D&D system at all), so I was VERY ill-equipped to deal with the end when it came. Even with my suck ass character, I was still able to win.

bluntman72 05-04-04 08:58 AM

I dont have the lightsaber throw skill :(

I guess I will try to finish the game again using some of the above techniques rather than start over.

Josh H 05-04-04 11:43 AM

Can you back track and level up, and use the points to get the lightsaber throw?

bluntman72 05-04-04 12:34 PM

No , unfortunately my only save that my character is below level 20 is on Taris so it is basically the beggining of the game. I will try the final fight a few more times and if it is too hard i will start over from Taris and go the dark side route