Finished Halo on Legendary- next game?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Finished Halo on Legendary- next game?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-04, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, congrats for Halo on legendary. Quite an accomplishment. I can get through the game on heroic basically without dying, but The Library is as far as I've made it on legendary.

I find it impossible that Microsoft will release the Xbox 2 in 2005, or even in the first half of 2006, because that's forcing the thousands of people who will get into the Xbox and Xbox live purely for Halo 2 to be out in the cold. 3 years after Halo came out we're still talking about it almost weekly on these types of threads, and with Halo 2 poised to be a better single player game (no repetitive levels) WITH the best online support of any game in history, who's to say that we won't be talking about Halo 2 in 3 years from now? But, if Microsoft releases the new Box in 2005 or early 2006, then all those people with 1 year Live subscriptions started around the time of Halo 2 coming out will never renew, and basically Microsoft will be selling short what should be the most popular title in videogame history. I know as long as I'm playing Halo 2 for dozens of hours a week, I will have no interest in a new system, and I seriously doubt that any of the people who buy an Xbox, Halo2, and a Starter Kit will be too excited about upgrading their system in only a year.

Honestly, I see Xmas 2006 as the earliest the Xbox 2 will be released.

One possibility is that Xbox games can be played on the Xbox2, and online subscriptions from Xbox will be transferred over to Xbox2, but again, that seems like Microsoft throwing away money from, something they don't do too often.

Last edited by jabbas; 04-29-04 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-29-04, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally posted by Giantrobo
STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic.....TOTAL DARK SIDE

It's harder than you think. Sure, it's just a game. But some the choices are ****ed up and leave you with a "should I have done that?" feeling.
I disagree. I just got to the end battle in KotOR without a single light-side point and I found the game to be MUCH easier.

The darkside Force powers are so massively damaging that I found myself blowing through every fight. Force Storm and Death Field are sooooo powerful.
Old 04-29-04, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally posted by RudeBoie
After you kill a couple rounds of enemies, try going into one of those doorways that normally locks up when no enemies are going through. You can make it inside in enemies have just come out.

Throw a grenade when they first come out, clear the area real quick and run in. Go all the way to the back and just sit there. If you're lucky no one will come in after you. Now from here, you can just open the door and take out enemies slowly. Of course, you may run out of weapons and grenades. But who said it'd be easy?
That's "Belly of the Beast", right? That's the level I was playing with my brother on Legendary last night. Damn, does that ever suck. We must have played it at least 15 times without getting out of the cargo hold. Course, I kind of suck at FPS's, but I didn't think I was this bad.

X
Old 04-29-04, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weed Time?!
Old 05-02-04, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally posted by Draven
I disagree. I just got to the end battle in KotOR without a single light-side point and I found the game to be MUCH easier.

The darkside Force powers are so massively damaging that I found myself blowing through every fight. Force Storm and Death Field are sooooo powerful.

wait wait wait.

I know you're more powerful playing the Dark Side and that in many ways it's easier and you have more money being an ass, I'm talking about some of the messed up stuff you have to do to gain those DS points.
Old 05-02-04, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try beating Halo on Legendary, with one hand. That's 1337!!1
Old 05-03-04, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally posted by Giantrobo
wait wait wait.

I know you're more powerful playing the Dark Side and that in many ways it's easier and you have more money being an ass, I'm talking about some of the messed up stuff you have to do to gain those DS points.
Gotcha. Yeah, I felt a little bad killing everyone I met, but I got over it
Old 05-03-04, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Xander
That's "Belly of the Beast", right? That's the level I was playing with my brother on Legendary last night. Damn, does that ever suck. We must have played it at least 15 times without getting out of the cargo hold. Course, I kind of suck at FPS's, but I didn't think I was this bad.

X
Don't worry. You don't suck. It's hard. It's called Legendary after all. I actually prefer playing by myself because it's easier to get a feel of the surrounding conditions at all time.

With a friend playing with me it can kind of get random and unpredictable and, well, friends get you killed.

Then again, I'm selfish : P

Try this. When a door opens, one of you stays back and throws a grenade towards the door. The other person charges forward shooting. If you charge the outgoing enemies, they won't be able to escape the grenades. Don't throw more than 1 grenade per door. ALWAYS, shoot the invisible guy first. A grenade plus charge them should be able to clear each round. Try to protect your soldiers, not because they're so useful, but the present targets for enemies : P