Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Logitech Speed Force Wheel

Old 04-27-04, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Logitech Speed Force Wheel - Thoughts on racing wheels?

Okay - so I just picked one of these up at Best Buy for a net cost of about $5 ($19,99 - $5 acc coupon - $10 rebate from MKDD). Does this make driving games any easier? I tried using it with Simpsons Hit & Run and Mario Kart DD and just SUCK at both with the steering wheel! I supposed there would obviously be some learning curve involved, but I am really having a rough time with it.

Anyone else have any opinions/experience using a racing wheel? Since it was only $5 I don't feel too badly... just wondering if I should eBay it before my frustration has me flinging it out the window!

Last edited by rfduncan; 04-27-04 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-27-04, 10:20 AM
Banned

I am probably going to pick up that Speed Force Pro steering wheel (the one that is $100) when GT4 comes out. It just takes practice to get used to the different controls. It will become more advantageous when you get an actual racing game.
Old 04-27-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I find that there is a sharp learning curve. Also it is gernerally easier to adapt them to the more realistic driving games. I would think the learning curve for Mario Kart and Simpson would be a little higher than say Dirt to Daytona which I use it with.
Old 04-28-04, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Logitech Speed Force Wheel - Thoughts on racing wheels?

Originally posted by rfduncan
Okay - so I just picked one of these up at Best Buy for a net cost of about $5 ($19,99 - $5 acc coupon - $10 rebate from MKDD). Does this make driving games any easier? I tried using it with Simpsons Hit & Run and Mario Kart DD and just SUCK at both with the steering wheel! I supposed there would obviously be some learning curve involved, but I am really having a rough time with it.

Anyone else have any opinions/experience using a racing wheel? Since it was only $5 I don't feel too badly... just wondering if I should eBay it before my frustration has me flinging it out the window!
If you dont want it anymore I'd gladly take it off your hands I've been looking for that steering wheel for some time now. Yes I am serious so feel free to email me .

[email protected]
Old 04-29-04, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Logitech Speed Force Wheel - Thoughts on racing wheels?

Originally posted by zero
If you dont want it anymore I'd gladly take it off your hands I've been looking for that steering wheel for some time now. Yes I am serious so feel free to email me .
I decided to try to struggle with it for a little bit more. Best Buy has it back in stock though if you want to try getting yourself one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat08156
Old 04-29-04, 09:01 AM

Has anyone played F-Zero GX with the wheel? It was advertised in the back of the game's instruction book. I've been tempted to pick it up for F-Zero alone but Mario Kart would be and added bonus. Would Need For Speed Underground work as well? R: Racing Evolution does.
Old 04-30-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Need for Speed is advertised on the wheel's box so I'm guessing it would.