Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

$5 Bonus Credit at EB for Baseball Games

Old 04-23-04, 03:05 PM

$5 Bonus Credit at EB for Baseball Games

Just got the newest EGM and there's little pullout for the various baseball games. On the back, there's an offer for "$5 trade-in bonus credit for each select PS2, Xbox, or GC game you trade-in toward an officially-licensed MLB game."

So, does this mean that I get what they offer me PLUS an additional $5 for EACH title? That's not bad. Is this an old offer that I missed until now?
Old 04-23-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wonder what the select games are? There is some crap I want to trade for the new EA baseball game.
Old 04-24-04, 05:30 PM

So I called my local EB and the guy I spoke to had never heard of this offer (big shock). He said that games marked in their system as "POX" wouldn't be accepted. I asked about several XB games and the only one that came up as POX was Wolverine's Revenge. I assume that older sports games would also be considered as POX.

I also asked specifically if it was an extra $5 for EACH game, and not for the whole trade-in. He said that he'd have to take a look at the coupon, but that that was what it sounded like. Again, has anybody else taken advantage of this deal? I need to know before I drive the 50 miles to the closest EB.
Old 04-24-04, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I work at EB. It is indeed $5 per game, not the whole trade in. As for the POX games, yes it's usually all the outdated sports games as well as bargian bin games.
Old 04-25-04, 01:00 AM

Awesome. Thanks Dean!
Old 04-25-04, 10:36 PM

Well, it doesn't seem there's much interest in this, but that's probably because everybody's already gotten their game of choice. I'm a bit slow.

Anyways, here's what I was able to get...
Counter-Strike: $10 + $5 bonus
Animal Crossing: $10 + $5 bonus
MoH:Frontline: $6 + $5 bonus
Ghost Recon: $4 + $5 bonus

...for a total of $50 credit. I opted for MVP on the Xbox and got a penny back. Not a bad deal for me, as I was never going to play what I gave up and pretty much got back what I spent on them.