DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Hitman 3 - Contracts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/359955-hitman-3-contracts.html)

Tarantino 04-22-04 01:29 AM

Hitman 3 - Contracts

Hitman 3 came out today for the consoles (both, I believe, but I could be wrong)...

Did anyone get it? How different is it to the first? How does it compare?

I had a lot of fun with the last one, hours of fun blowing people away...

Static Cling 04-22-04 05:58 AM

It's also out for the PC. I have it, and will post a "trip report" later today, hopefully.

uteotw 04-22-04 09:26 AM

Picked it up last night (for PS2) and it ROCKS. Different in many ways from the first, more eerie, creepy, etc., but same general gameplay--though MUCH better than Silent Assasin since you can use so many more regular items for "the work," like a meathook, cleaver, etc. I've finished the first two missions but was a mass murderer on both. It's more fun that way at first, until I get good feel for them and then I'll go back and try be a bit more stealthful. EXCELLENT game...

P.S. On Mission Two one of the things you can pick up is a laxative. NO idea how to use that on someone yet but I look forward to figuring it out...

illennium 04-22-04 10:48 AM

Originally posted by uteotw
P.S. On Mission Two one of the things you can pick up is a laxative. NO idea how to use that on someone yet but I look forward to figuring it out...
I haven't played the game, but basic game logic supports the theory that slipping this in someone's food or drink would cause them to head to the bathroom, thereby (a) clearing the room and/or (b) allowing you to sneak up on them in a bathroom stall.

Roan 04-22-04 11:19 AM

I picked up the Xbox version yesterday and played through the first two missions. It plays a lot like the last one except for the things that have already been mentioned--the music and using more items. I was a real fan of the last Hitman game and so far I have really enjoyed this one.

nickdawgy 04-22-04 03:45 PM

I was thinking of picking this up, but the $49 price convinced me to wait for a sale.

Does look cool, though.

Static Cling 04-22-04 06:46 PM

Spoiler:
If you walk into the kitchen with a butcher's outfit on, the cook will tell you to take some food to your target. Maybe you can put laxative in the food?

It's much creepier than the first one. It seemed harder, too, but maybe that's because there isn't much of an in-game tutorial like Hitman 2 had.

Silent Assassin on Level 1 isn't too hard...
Spoiler:
take the elevator up to the second floor, get the dead SWAT guy's uniform, find the car keys in one of the ! rooms, go outside and hop in the car.

Mondo Kane 04-22-04 06:56 PM

Is Diana back?

Gamblor187 04-22-04 07:48 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
[spoiler]

Spoiler:
take the elevator up to the second floor, get the dead SWAT guy's uniform, find the car keys in one of the ! rooms, go outside and hop in the car.

Just be careful when approaching the EXIT.
Spoiler:
I was noticed by one of the guards as I approached the car, and they all began firing. I didn't get hit and didn't return fire because I wanted to keep my Silent Assassin rating. However, when I got in the car and the cutscene played, it showed me running over a guard, ruining my rating.

Static Cling 04-22-04 08:55 PM

Originally posted by Gamblor187
Just be careful when approaching the EXIT.
Spoiler:
However, when I got in the car and the cutscene played, it showed me running over a guard, ruining my rating.

Spoiler:
I ran over the guard as well, but it didn't affect my rating. I think maybe getting spotted is what affected your rating.

Originally posted by Mondo Kane
Is Diana back?
The game is actually more of a prequel than a sequel. Here's why:
Spoiler:
In the opening movie of the game, 47 gets shot in the gut... it's not clear why. It seems like the missions that you go on are flashbacks to missions he's been on earlier.

Gamblor187 04-22-04 09:09 PM

Spoiler:
I ran over the guard as well, but it didn't affect my rating. I think maybe getting spotted is what affected your rating.

Spoiler:
I guess that could effect whether or not you get a Silent Assassin rating, but I also noticed that I had a small rating for aggression. Since I didn't kill or harm anyone during the mission, I guess this "aggression" must be from running over the guard.

uteotw 04-23-04 01:06 PM

Spoiler:
If you walk into the kitchen with a butcher's outfit on, the cook will tell you to take some food to your target. Maybe you can put laxative in the food?

It's much creepier than the first one. It seemed harder, too, but maybe that's because there isn't much of an in-game tutorial like Hitman 2 had.

Spoiler:

Good tips. Will try them out. Finished level 3 last night--GREAT mission--but didn't quite get Silent Assasin. I think I know the problem:
Spoiler:
walking from the warehouse to the sub with the radiation suit on always blows my cover, but I'm not yet quite sure on how else to do it.

Also, does getting the SA rating get you new weapons?

Static Cling 04-23-04 02:40 PM

It did on Level 1.
Spoiler:
Dual CZW2000 (or whatever the model # is) pistols
Not sure how to equip them yet, though.

BizRodian 04-24-04 12:29 AM

The first level was really cool for those of us who have been fans of the series since the begining. I know there are more missions based on the first game as it goes along.

Overall, I don't think this is as good as the last two so far, but it's still a lot of fun.

I don't like how the missions don't connect to each other like in the previous games (espically like in the first one.)

Gamblor187 04-25-04 08:58 PM

I just beat the game tonight. It is a bit short, but there's a lot of replay in it for me. I'll give it a few days and then go back, trying to get all SIlent Assassin ratings.

jim

BizRodian 04-25-04 10:07 PM

I've (so far) played two levels which are remixes of the first game. Interesting, but something fresh would have been nicer (considering this game's a lot shorter than the last two :()

uteotw 04-26-04 08:34 AM

Originally posted by Gamblor187
I just beat the game tonight. It is a bit short, but there's a lot of replay in it for me. I'll give it a few days and then go back, trying to get all SIlent Assassin ratings.

jim

How many missions are there total?

Am I the only one or is it equally if not more fun to try complete a mission guns blazing, mass murderer style? Sometimes I get so tired of sneaking I just pull out the pistols and go to work. Just can't help myself sometimes...

Gamblor187 04-26-04 09:56 AM

How many missions are there total?
There are 12 missions.

timewaster 04-26-04 11:19 AM

Anybody have any hints on how you get discovered why wearing a disguise?
Lots of times, i am wearing a disguise and all of a sudden my cover gets blown and i don't know why. This can get rather frustrating.

uteotw 04-26-04 12:49 PM

Originally posted by timewaster
Lots of times, i am wearing a disguise and all of a sudden my cover gets blown and i don't know why. This can get rather frustrating.

I've had this same problem. Even on Mission 1, I get the SWAT uniform but get the red alert as soon as I'm near a SWAT guy. What gives?

Gamblor187 04-26-04 06:57 PM

Although I'm far from a master at this part of the game, there are a few "rules" that help me out.

First of all, avoid doing anything "suspicious". Hurrying past people can blow your cover. At the same time, just standing there or walking too slowly near any enemy will do the same thing. The best thing is to walk at a normal pace (They may get a bit suspicious about not recognizing you, but not enough to raise an alarm). Also, stay as far away as possible. For example, when walking past someone guarding a door, try to keep on the opposite side of the hall.

Never check your map unless you're sure you're in a "safe" area. While the map is up, everyone continues their rounds. I've had people come up and blow my cover while I was trying to check the map.

Always hide bodies well. If someone stumbles across the body that you took your disguise from, you will be easily recognized. When knocking someone out with the syringe, keep in mind that they won't stay out too long. Hurry and get out of there (or get a different disguise) before they wake up and alert others.

Make sure your disguise is complete and correct. If you're carrying a weapon, it should be appropriate. For example, when you take a uniform from a SWAT team memeber, remember to get his gun also. (The first time I died on that level, it was because I came across a cool sniper rifle that I wanted. Unfortunately, this will get you recognized right away.

jim

Gamblor187 04-26-04 07:22 PM

An SA rating does get you a new weapon (or dual weapons) on each level. They are as follows:

Spoiler:

1: CZ2000 Dual Pistols
2: Micro Uzi Dual Submachine Guns
3: Silverballer Silenced Dual Pistols
4: Magnum 500 Dual Pistols
5: Sawed-Off Shotgun Dual
6: M4 Carbine Silenced Assault Rifle
7: SG220 .S Dual Pistols
8: MP5 Silenced Submachime Gun
9: AK 74 Silenced Assault Rifle
10: GK 17 Dual Pistols
11: Micro Uzi Silenced Dual Submachine Guns
12: PGM Silenced Sniper Rifle

You can also get another special weapon after Mission 9.
The weapon is a
Spoiler:
Mini Gun

You get it by
Spoiler:
disguising yourself as a guard and taking the elevator down to the restaurant's basement. Turn right and pass through the double doors. Follow the corridor, being careful not to get attention of the guards, until you reach another elevator. Take the elevator up to the first floor of the mansion. (The mansion is empty right now, so don't worry about getting caught.) Make your way up to the second level and find Lee Hong's office. Take the keycard from the desk. (This card is only available during this mission.)
Replay the first mission and use this key card to unlock a door in the basement of the Asylum. There is a patient wandering around with the Mini Gun. Kill him or knock him out. Then take the Mini Gun. Complete the mission with the Mini Gun on you to unlock it.

jim

timewaster 04-28-04 12:51 PM

can someone tell me where the warehouse with the radiation suit is? I looked NW of the sub and all i see is a barrack and a mess hall. neither has a radiation suit.

Gamblor187 04-28-04 01:57 PM

can someone tell me where the warehouse with the radiation suit is? I looked NW of the sub and all i see is a barrack and a mess hall. neither has a radiation suit.
Spoiler:
Are you sure that you're at the right sub?

The warehouse is a single building to the west of the barracks. Follow the path behind the barracks to reach the warehouse. The warehouse is located across from the frozen lake with the sunken sub standing out. (The sub you need to destroy is on the other side of this frozen lake.) The radiation suit is in the first booth on the right.

kgrogers1979 04-28-04 02:17 PM

Spoilers for the end of the game:

Spoiler:
Did the final mission remind anyone else of Leon The Professional? That was the first thing I thought of when I found myself trapped in a hotel room surrounded by an army of SWAT.