Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SNK NeoGeo hitting US PS2s with 4-part combo

Old 04-21-04, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

SNK NeoGeo hitting US PS2s with 4-part combo

The veteran publisher is releasing a duo of double-pack arcade ports over the coming year.
Today, SNK NeoGeo announced it is bringing another group of classic arcade games to American consoles. Over the next year, the publisher will release two combination packs, each of which will feature a pair of full arcade games. Each combination pack comes in a single case and will have an MSRP of $39.99.

The first pack, The King of Fighters 2002 and 2003, will ship in winter of 2004. Like the previously released The King of Fighters 2000/2001, the game will feature two past editions of SNK's 2D fighting games. The King of Fighters 2002 is also being released for the Xbox in October.

Arriving in spring 2005, SNK NeoGeo's second combination pack will bundle Metal Slug 4 and 5. Released in 2002 and 2004 in arcades, respectively, both games offer the same old-school side-scrolling-shooter action. Regarded as truer to the original Metal Slug's spirit than some of its other sequels, the two games let players take on successive waves of enemy soldiers and vehicles. A home version of Metal Slug 4 was also released for the NeoGeo.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot
===============================

Got to pickup all of SNK as soon it release here in the US but still Missing my # 1 favorite Fighting game series "SAMURAI SPIRIT" or Samurai Shodown"
Old 04-21-04, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Before even clicking on this thread I was hoping it would be Metal Slug. I wish it was more than the last two.
Old 04-21-04, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

4 and 5 weren't even that great (compared to the other 3, I mean!)
Old 04-21-04, 07:49 PM
mvc

I want a Samurai Shodown collection.
Old 04-21-04, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mvc
I want a Samurai Shodown collection.
I, II, IV, and V.
Old 04-21-04, 08:54 PM

MSlug 5 was pretty bad. It wasn't even made by SNK's usual team. Rather, they farmed it out to a non-Japanese dev house and unfortunately you can REALLY tell a different set of artists worked on it.

Also, if they really wanted to give good value, they could have easily put the entire series on one disc. I would've been interested in that for sure.
Old 04-21-04, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The last Metal Slug game i enjoyed was X, which was really just a remixed version of 2. Still, it'll be good to get some old school arcade goodness without MAME.
Old 04-22-04, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
I, II, IV, and V.
You forgot III and V special!

III is awesome, has the best graphics of the series, although the damage is set way too high, hey at least it is not a combo fest that IV is.
Old 04-22-04, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Over all i think Samurai Shodown is #1 Best Fighting game i ever played. Also, I never get bore with any samurai shodown games.

I am SHOCK if SNK release Samurai Shodown Collection in the US
Old 04-22-04, 05:00 PM
mvc

SS2 was the best. Still one of my all-time favorite fighting games.
Old 04-23-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by PixyJunket
I, II, IV, and V.
Good call. Blades of Blood, or whatever that third one was... that was a piece of crap.

SS2 is one of the best fighting games of all time, as we all know. SS4 isn't far behind. In fact, they're the only fighting games I can point to that actually create a small tinge of drama. They're extraordinary.

I haven't tried 5 yet - dunno where to find it...

- David Stein
Old 04-23-04, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by sfsdfd
Good call. Blades of Blood, or whatever that third one was... that was a piece of crap.

SS2 is one of the best fighting games of all time, as we all know. SS4 isn't far behind. In fact, they're the only fighting games I can point to that actually create a small tinge of drama. They're extraordinary.

I haven't tried 5 yet - dunno where to find it...

- David Stein
III was embarrassing.

They have V at my favorite arcade here in Dallas. It rocks. Mizuki was finally brought back!!
Old 04-23-04, 08:33 AM
Banned

Isn't Metal Slug 3 coming out on Xbox in next month or so?
Old 04-23-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, Metal Slug 3 is XBOX EXCLUSIVE title w/ XBOX Live. Also, I can't find Samurai Shodown 5 in Any ARCADE

I did Played Samurai Shodown 3 every single day at School cafeteria (Only $0.25 per play & i keep beated the game)
Old 04-23-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm actually quite surprised to hear this. I've been hearing a lot of stuff about SCEA telling developers they won't even consider LOOKING at 2D or 2D-based games anymore for US license. Probably rumors, but totally believable.