Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

RED HOT Target Zelda GC Promo disks $.01 YMMV

Old 04-19-04, 05:06 PM

RED HOT Target Zelda GC Promo disks $.01 YMMV

I was just at Target in Long Beach, Ca and they had Zelda OOT GC(promo disk for Wind Waker preorder) and Zelda Collectors Edition GC for only $.01. I only saw this at 1 out of the 4 Targets in my area so this is definitely a YMMV, but it's worth looking out for.
Old 04-19-04, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

None of my local Targets even have these.
Old 04-19-04, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

if someone is willing to mail me the collectors edition disc, i would pay for shipping

[email protected]
Old 04-19-04, 09:06 PM

I would like one these also would $5 sent by paypal work?

[email protected]
Old 04-19-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

$5? I'm sorry but the op could just go to EB and turn it in for $30 to $40.

Good find. I doubt it if many of us will be able to find it.
Old 04-19-04, 10:13 PM

I would also love to have a Zelda Collectors edition disc. I have the OOT disc. Bought an extra Gamecube a couple months ago to get one, and the disc was missing. Never could find one after that. Be glad to pay shipping.

[email protected]
Old 04-20-04, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was in a Target somewhere in LA, not Long Beach. and they had one of the OoT discs. The lady scanned it (came up .01) but asked another employee if it was a mistake. He said they were only supposed to be giving them out with systems. I knew he was wrong, but what could I do? I could only cry as he took it into the back of the store. I think she would have sold it to me too.
Old 04-20-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by msdmoney
I was in a Target somewhere in LA, not Long Beach. and they had one of the OoT discs. The lady scanned it (came up .01) but asked another employee if it was a mistake. He said they were only supposed to be giving them out with systems. I knew he was wrong, but what could I do? I could only cry as he took it into the back of the store. I think she would have sold it to me too.
This is correct. They have always rung up for $.01, you just have to find the right cashier to let it slide.
Old 04-20-04, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by msdmoney
You got shafted buddy. It is obviously that guy from the electronics department will be going home with YOUR OOT disc...
Old 04-20-04, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd like one as well. If you've got one, I'd gladly pay shipping. My email is [email protected]. Thanks.
Old 04-20-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just make sure you buy some groceries or something with it. You might have a problem if you bring it up all by itself
Old 04-20-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is this deal only available in California Target stores? Has anyone living in Texas found this deal in the local Target stores?
Old 04-20-04, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Puzznic
Just make sure you buy some groceries or something with it. You might have a problem if you bring it up all by itself
Thats what I would have done, just go with some other items to an unsuspecting employee. But at Target (at least most that I have been to) they make you purchase it in the electronics section, and they walk with you, or hold it the entire time until you purchase it.
Old 04-20-04, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ~~ PAL ~~
You got shafted buddy. It is obviously that guy from the electronics department will be going home with YOUR OOT disc...
Actually I don't think so, although, I was suspect of that too. He just seemed like he was trying to "follow store policy" to the extreme.
Old 04-20-04, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Is this deal only available in California Target stores? Has anyone living in Texas found this deal in the local Target stores?
Have you hit up the Super Target in Pearland yet? The last time I was there, I don't remember seeing any copies of either. Maybe I just overlooked them.
Old 04-20-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ended up in a similar situation a few months back at my Super Target... I noticed the OOT Zelda disc but to be safe told the cashier to ring up the regular disc as well... I returned the Windwaker the next day, leaving me with a .01 OOT disc, knowing I could snag a better deal on the Windwaker disc at a later time... eventually got it for 8 bucks from an unsuspecting Pawn Shop employee...
Old 04-20-04, 10:50 PM

I picked up two Zelda Collectors Editions months ago at two different Targets for a penny. I checked this morning (I'm at Target every morning-Star Wars figures). No avail.
Old 04-20-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by jediwicz
I picked up two Zelda Collectors Editions months ago at two different Targets for a penny. I checked this morning (I'm at Target every morning-Star Wars figures). No avail.
Target is the best place to get SW figures?
Old 04-21-04, 12:16 AM

If you enjoy the hunt and don't buy online. They usually get the current line and they have the exclusive Clone Wars animated figures and collectors glasses. Plus great deals on markdowns/rainchecks. This morning they had some cinema scene 3-packs for 4.98. I've been collecting since the POTF relaunch in '95 and am only missing a few. It makes a sweet gameroom/office. It does get kind foggy...