Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Guardian Heroes for the GBA?!

Old 04-15-04, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Guardian Heroes for the GBA?!

For anyone that has played this fantastic game...this is excellent news!!!!! I hope it's true, but even if it's not, Guardian Heroes still rules!
Old 04-15-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I read this rumor yesterday (or this morning?) and I was much excited.

(of course, I would've been much happier had it been Gunstar Heroes)
Old 04-15-04, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That'd be great! I loved Guardian Heroes quite a bit... and the GBA would be able to handle it? I don't know much about its power, but I imagine some of the characters are going to have to get scaled down, or the number of onscreen enemies cutback...
Old 04-15-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gotta be honest, on my list of Treasure games I'd like ported to the GBA this ranks only slightly ahead of the McDonald Treasureland Adventure. If only we could replace the "uardian" in "Guardian" with six other choice letters....
Old 04-16-04, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
I read this rumor yesterday (or this morning?) and I was much excited.

(of course, I would've been much happier had it been Gunstar Heroes)
I just remembered that there was a similar rumor about Gunstar Heroes coming to the GBA. That didn't happen, obviously, so i doubt this one will materialize either. The game gear version is the closest we'll probably get to a portable version, although it paled in comparision to the original...
Old 04-16-04, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Superboy
I just remembered that there was a similar rumor about Gunstar Heroes coming to the GBA. That didn't happen, obviously, so i doubt this one will materialize either. The game gear version is the closest we'll probably get to a portable version, although it paled in comparision to the original...
I don't remember the Gunstar rumor.. but this rumor is based on that fact that a website or trademark had been registered to Treasure for Guardian Heroes Advance. Check gameboy.ign.com for a link.. I can't go there at work or I'd give a direct link.
Old 04-16-04, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Superboy
The game gear version is the closest we'll probably get to a portable version, although it paled in comparision to the original...
..Oh!! A Gamegear version? I don't really like the machine but I was thinking of possibly getting one for Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap and a couple of other games.. how does it compare to the Genny version?
Old 04-16-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
..Oh!! A Gamegear version? I don't really like the machine but I was thinking of possibly getting one for Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap and a couple of other games.. how does it compare to the Genny version?
It's the Genesis version with tons of stuff taken out. If you're goign to buy the system, get Gunstar Heroes. Otherwise, just forget about it...
Old 04-16-04, 07:24 PM

Originally posted by Dan Average
Gotta be honest, on my list of Treasure games I'd like ported to the GBA this ranks only slightly ahead of the McDonald Treasureland Adventure. If only we could replace the "uardian" in "Guardian" with six other choice letters....
Guardian Heroes is a great game, especially with multiplayer. Like you, I'd also rather see Gunstar Heroes or maybe even Alien Soldier, but Guardian Heroes is still a good choice.
Old 08-23-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, talk about coming in the back with the lights down low..

Guardian Heroes Advance comes out in 3 weeks!!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=160559
Old 08-23-04, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know quite what to think of this yet. On the one hand, it's Guardian Heroes for the GBA. On the other, the original was a classic and is one of my favorite games of all time - I don't need a sequel, and I sure as hell don't need an update. Treasure is going back on one of their founding policies - NO SEQUELS!!!
Old 08-23-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Treasure did a great job with Astro Boy. No doubt this game will be awesome as well.
Old 08-24-04, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I saw the videos online, but they make the game look horrible. It probably looks fantastic on the GBA screen.