DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Final Fantasy I & II to GBA (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/357590-final-fantasy-i-ii-gba.html)

Jtnguyen12 04-09-04 08:50 AM

Final Fantasy I & II to GBA

Two classic games, one cart!

It appears that the original Final Fantasy series will be resurrected on the GBA. Square-Enix has unveiled its latest release of Final Fantasy I&II Advance.

The titles appear to be retooled ports of the WonderSwan Colour remakes, and will be released as a single cartridge.

Final Fantasy, as many gamers fondly recall, had the Light Warriors fighting the evil machinations of CHAOS. By choosing from a variety of classes, there were multiple ways of playing the game.

Final Fantasy II, on the other hand is a much more story-centric title. With four pre-defined characters and a variety of weapons to master, it took the series in an entirely new direction.

Special thanks to jonnyram of GA Forums
=============================================

Much say "Got to HAVE this for my Collection" ;)

squi23 04-09-04 10:13 AM

Weren't these 2 released together for the PS1 last year w/ retooled cut scenes?

I wish they'd release at least a somewhat definitive collection already!!!

Gizmo 04-09-04 10:43 AM

Don't know. It could be the GB versions too?

young 04-09-04 10:45 AM

imo, re-releasing old games is a desperate attempt to get higher profit margins.

squenix is going the way of sega... er... um... something like that ;)

Noonan 04-09-04 10:46 AM

Originally posted by squi23
Weren't these 2 released together for the PS1 last year w/ retooled cut scenes?

I wish they'd release at least a somewhat definitive collection already!!!

Yes, that was the FF Origins collection. It was released last year.

PixyJunket 04-09-04 12:04 PM

I'll buy it even though I think the games are the 2 weak points in the "real" Final Fantasy series (up to VI). I'll probably cry from happiness if they release IV and VI for GBA!

StillJackStraw 04-09-04 03:59 PM

2 Final fantasys on one cart... but Nintendo splits up Excite bike and the other NES games. F em.

Breakfast with Girls 04-09-04 09:33 PM

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Don't know. It could be the GB versions too?
No. These are the same as the ones released for the WonderSwan Color a few years back.

I've got Origins so I'll pass. I'd be more interested if they released III domestically.

Jtnguyen12 04-09-04 10:03 PM

I really wanted to see it release later this year or in 2005

Final Fantasy I & II, III & IV, V & VI :)

Goldberg74 04-09-04 11:50 PM

As long as I can cast METEO!!!!

http://www.chez.com/lpdjv/rpg/FF2-Meteo.gif

bertobarto 04-09-04 11:55 PM

FF6 is so not going to happen but I would SO love it if it happened. Nothing against the PSX version, but I don't need the FMV's and being such a portable but deep game would be handy. Never rebought it for PSX. Load times aren't too bad a thing, but I'm just not gonna sit down to play something so old yet long on a PS2 (that I played through extensively on the SNES).

I absolutely worship my FF:CC though. First time to play Chrono and those little anime cut-scenes were pretty awesome. My favorite compilation rehash (cuz they're my two fav SNES games in the end).

Would be my prize possession if not for my Xenogears I ordered from Square Online (who charged me 10 bucks for shipping and sent me a damaged case. No idea why I never complained. It's the only treasure of my PSX collection.)

Homer Simpson 04-10-04 12:53 AM

I'll probably pick this one up. Not sure I ever played FF1, can't remember. I definitely remember FF2 though. Playing Mario & Luigi now and it's great. Can't beat a classic RPG.

nickdawgy 04-10-04 01:31 AM

Originally posted by Goldberg74
As long as I can cast METEO!!!!

http://www.chez.com/lpdjv/rpg/FF2-Meteo.gif

Ultima > Meteo

Breakfast with Girls 04-10-04 12:52 PM

Originally posted by Homer Simpson
I'll probably pick this one up. Not sure I ever played FF1, can't remember. I definitely remember FF2 though. Playing Mario & Luigi now and it's great. Can't beat a classic RPG.
II in the states was actually IV (and was released for the Super Nintendo). The Japanese III has never been released here, but II was packaged in Origins.

DriftChamp 04-10-04 06:23 PM

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
II in the states was actually IV (and was released for the Super Nintendo). The Japanese III has never been released here, but II was packaged in Origins.
To make things even more confusing, Japan had 2 versions of FF IV (a regular and easy type). The SNES FF II that we got here is actually more like FF IV easy type.

DeanoBKN 04-11-04 11:21 PM

"2 Final fantasys on one cart... but Nintendo splits up Excite bike and the other NES games. F em."

You said it. AND they got the nerve to charge $19.99 each.