Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Animal Crossing question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Animal Crossing question

The spring sports fair finally rolled around, is this an interactive thing or do you simply watch the other residents? Thanks in advnc
Old 03-21-04, 01:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You just watch them, you don't participate but the mayor gives you a present.
Old 03-23-04, 10:20 AM

Yeah.. my girlfriend was waiting for this, and was pretty annoyed when she found out you don't actually DO anything. This is actually one of the ONLY games that my girlfriend plays. I bought it blind since everyone else said that she'd love it.. and she does.

Which brings me to my next question -- we've both paid off our mortgages, and we both have orchards of different fruit trees growing in our towns. But after that, what else is there to do? I suppose we could catch all the insects/fish/fossils/etc, but that's starting to get a bit boring. And there's always the rearranging of furniture. But what else do we have to look forward to?

Or has this game run its course for us?
Old 03-23-04, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
That is about it.
Old 03-23-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can buy another memory card and start a new town. New towns have new fruits and animals and stuff. Actually I think my gf used 3 memory cards all together!
Old 03-23-04, 10:24 PM

I went ahead and caught every fish, got every painting and evey K.K. song. I still need a couple insects. I usually just check my mail, hit Nookingtons, and the beach for Gulliver. Oh yeah, there is that weed problem...
Old 03-23-04, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you can catch some ghosts late at night.... one of the things they will do for you is clear all the weeds in your town instantly.
Old 03-23-04, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My wife was also annoyed with the news of the "passive" spring sports fair. It was amusing to watch the denziens of my town TwnPeaks participate.
Anyway as this is mainly an item collection game it boils down to that is all there seems to be to do (alot of items though)
But there are alot of asides besides doing another town- like connecting to the Gameboy and going to the island as well as the crazy e-reader action (if you can find cards) also designing patterns can be great fun-I have the BUFFY logo and Twin Peaks as patterns.
My favorite thing would be the NES games I have five of them and the fact that your high scores are saved to the MC has made me return to them many times.
Old 03-24-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Isn't the sequel coming out soon? While I enjoy this game a lot, it does get to a point where you're not doing much more than a whole lot of repetative stuff. I hope Animal Crossing 2 includes a way to co-play online through the broadband adapter. That would ROCK!
Old 03-25-04, 12:18 PM

We just got this game this week, so I think we missed the sports fair. Do you have to setup a new town to get other fruits, such as a pear? Mint is obsessed with getting a pear and I only have apples and now one peach tree.

Also, what does Wendell want to eat? Apples apparently are not good enough for him! haha
Old 03-25-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally posted by mariakitty
We just got this game this week, so I think we missed the sports fair. Do you have to setup a new town to get other fruits, such as a pear? Mint is obsessed with getting a pear and I only have apples and now one peach tree.

Also, what does Wendell want to eat? Apples apparently are not good enough for him! haha
Your best bet is to get someone to send you a pear. They'll need to know the name of your town and your character's name.

Not sure about Wendell, but I seem to remember someone saying he liked
Spoiler:
fish
Old 03-25-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually during the gymnastics, you can excercise along with the animals using the C-stick.
Old 03-25-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Its always fun to send your fellow (human) neighbors hate mail. I did it all the time to my sisters, it was great. Then they did it back to me .

Not sure if you want to do that with your girlfriend though . Someone might move in from another town and start an affair with her.
Old 03-25-04, 01:29 PM

Ok.. what fruits are available?

We've found:

Oranges
Pears
Apples
Coconuts
Cherries
Peaches

Anything else?