Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Just bought a PS2 Network Adapter and... (no Twisted Metal: Online disc?)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Just bought a PS2 Network Adapter and... (no Twisted Metal: Online disc?)

Old 03-01-04, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a PS2 Network Adapter and...

Aren't these things supposed to come with Twisted Metal: Online or something? Mine came with Startup Disc v2.5 which just has a bunch of lame demos (videos for CoN, Socom II, etc)

Anyhow, this week might be a good time to pick one up since they're on sale at Best Buy and can be combined with a Gamers Gift Card. If you're planning on picking up Final Fantasy XI and the hard drive in a couple of weeks, its a necessity.
Old 03-01-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts
Re: Just bought a PS2 Network Adapter and...

Originally posted by keit2208
Aren't these things supposed to come with Twisted Metal: Online or something? Mine came with Startup Disc v2.5 which just has a bunch of lame demos (videos for CoN, Socom II, etc)
There was a mail-in offer, but it expired over a year ago. Not to worry; almost nobody was online to play it anyway.
Old 03-01-04, 10:59 PM
Banned

I don't think it comes with TM:Online anymore. The game really wasn't worth it anyway. Just pick up a copy of Socom II or Amplitude and enjoy your new purchase.
Old 03-01-04, 11:22 PM

I've got Amplitude and SSX3 waiting to be tried, I just remembered something about the Twisted Metal offer and was wondering if it was still valid... guess not.

Turns out there are a couple of demos on there that aren't videos: Madden 2004 and Tiger Woods 2004. Neither are really my cup of tea and I'm betting they're pretty limited.

How many games use the USB headset? I'm considering picking up Socom 1 cheap to get the headset if many other titles support it and its useful. Any ideas?
Old 03-01-04, 11:33 PM

I also just got PS2 network adapter last weekend. Tried it on LoTR:RotK and it was a blast.

Didn't seem to work on NBA2k3 though (can't even get passed the login; claimed that all the login name was taken). Maybe it was an old game???

anyway, I haven't tried SOCOM II yet, probably sometime this weekend.

One question though, since my router hasn't arrived yet, is it ok to keep switching the ethernet cable btw my PC and the network adapter??
Old 03-02-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes your fine bro,I switched between my PS2 and Pc for 5 months without a single problem,Socom 2 is a great game but the headset is almost needed for that game,Maddens 2004 is pretty good online and Champions of Norrath is a blast online to and supports the headset.

As for NBA2k3 the name you picked was prolly picked by someone else.
Old 03-05-04, 02:35 PM
Cool New Member

Sony is now packing TMB:Online free with the Greatest Hits version of Twisted Metal Black. The new cover of TMB has a little blurb about TMB:O being included.

They just started showing up in stores recently, so if you're interested in picking it up, make sure you find a box that says TMB:O is inside.
Old 03-05-04, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

TMB is terrible anyway, I wouldn't touch that game with a ten foot pole.
Old 03-05-04, 02:45 PM

whatchyoutalkinbout? twisted metal black was great. The online version just wasn't that much fun or populated.