Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Played Ninja Gaiden last night...

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Played Ninja Gaiden last night...

Old 03-11-04, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those damn black ninjas with exploding shruikens are pissing me off ....
Old 03-11-04, 09:38 AM

For those of us playing the game I have a quick question on the events that happen after Chapter 2.

Spoiler:
After Doku kills Ryu at the end of Chapter 2 how does he come back to life?
Old 03-11-04, 10:35 AM
Cool New Member

silentbob007, all you need to do to deal with those asses is to jump and do an over head strike and repeat... I just got out of the only room that has really irritated me... it is in chapter 9 or 10, cant remember, but you run around in this room firing armor piercing arrows into these minitature laser helicopters and you ride platforms suspended from cranes to access a card to open a door... this seemed really dumb to me after all the fun i've had with this game... destroying the tank was easy with ap arrows but the helicopter is really tough
Old 03-11-04, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Spoiler:
To beat the helicopter, just stock up on A- Arrows and exploding arrows after you destroy the tanks. It's pretty easy to dodge the helicopters' missles, and it's machine guns don't take off that much health. Just make sure that you save immediately after destroying the tanks so you don't have to face them again. Aim your arrows for the yellow light in the nose of the chopper.
Old 03-11-04, 12:21 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by sambo777
silentbob007, all you need to do to deal with those asses is to jump and do an over head strike and repeat... I just got out of the only room that has really irritated me... it is in chapter 9 or 10, cant remember, but you run around in this room firing armor piercing arrows into these minitature laser helicopters and you ride platforms suspended from cranes to access a card to open a door... this seemed really dumb to me after all the fun i've had with this game... destroying the tank was easy with ap arrows but the helicopter is really tough
This little helicopters are easier if you use the windmill shuriken. I had a harder time on the tank than the helicopter, then it dawned on me to use ninpo. The fireball one (i forget the name) knocks the soldier off the top of the tank if you hit it right, then it'll be dead in water while you can unload arrows in it.
Old 03-11-04, 12:23 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally posted by WepaMan
For those of us playing the game I have a quick question on the events that happen after Chapter 2.

Spoiler:
After Doku kills Ryu at the end of Chapter 2 how does he come back to life?
Spoiler:
He used a talisman?
Old 03-11-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well i just finished it and boy was the last few chapters tough, damn! But i hung in there and emerged victorious. It was a pretty spectacular game, controls, graphics, diffculty, fun factor were all present there in full force. Being a big Ninja Gaiden fan, it'll defenitely go down as one of my top ten favs. of all time.
Old 03-11-04, 08:26 PM

Anyone want an easier way to unlock the NES NG2?

Spoiler:
Stand on the ledge above the door to Pleasure Street. Use your bow and shoot an arrow at the face of the clock. A chest should drop. Now jump down, go through the blue lined door slightly to your left and go upstairs. Open the chest and inside is the NG2 cartridge.

Note: I got this info from a spoiler video on Gamespot. You'll need a basic account(free) to stream the video.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...den/media.html
Old 03-11-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm at alma with one full health and a great spirit elixir. she kicks my ass every time. and i have the hint book. any suggestions?
Old 03-11-04, 10:22 PM

Spoiler:
Would you happen to have a save point before that? Specifically before you get the skull key, but after you face the tentacle fiend again. If so, try killing those 3 zombies that are on the ground floor over and over to build up points. You can do this by wall jumping back to the save point, the side opposite of the throne, go to the hallway inbetween Muramasa'a statue and go back to the zombies, it'll reset that area which means more zombies to kill and more points. Plus, from there you can buy health or upgrade your weapons. Just takes time though, but it should be enough if you're in dire straits when you face Alma.

Otherwise, Alma's pattern is pretty easy. Just start jumping away when she is throwing pillars, her purple spell, and when she charges. Be quick to adjust your camera when nescessary. Try using your jumping slash and combo when she is on the ground or knocked down. Also, it would be easier if you have a Level 3 sword.
Old 03-11-04, 11:36 PM
Suspended

Stay away from the walls while fighting Alma so the camera doesn't get in your way. Do not attack her while she is flying around. Concentrate on rolling away from the pillars and fireballs that she throws. Do not get close or you might get pulled in with that levitation attack. If she does the thrust kick from the air or attacks from the ground, roll out of the way, then immediately follow up with a strong move to knock her to the ground (I used the jumping slash with Y). Combo away while she is on the ground. I preferred to use the ice storm magic that juggles her in the air (I had 4 magic bars at this point). I only used a couple of the small health potions during the fight.

Last edited by trigun; 03-12-04 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-11-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i just restarted from my last save. i'm back at alma with 5 half elixirs and 4 fulls. i upgraded the sword instead of the vigoorian so lets see what happens this time.
Old 03-12-04, 01:29 AM
Banned

Just got past Ch. 10 and the Ancient Dragon. You know what the best part of the game is for me so far...the soundtrack. Its incredible, especially in 5.1. Some of the tracks are amazing and almost all of them fit perfectly in with the game situations. I haven't heard one this good since Metroid Prime.
Old 03-12-04, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone know what the deal is with those cracked walls with blue light coming out from them?
Old 03-12-04, 07:13 AM

You'll need a
Spoiler:
hammer.

Spoiler:
A really big one.
Old 03-12-04, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by amped
You'll need a
Spoiler:
hammer.

Spoiler:
A really big one.
Ah ok. Is there a way to go back to earlier chapters? I haven't looked yet.
Old 03-12-04, 08:04 AM

Yeah, remember those weird circles on the ground?

They'll be used later on.
Old 03-12-04, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by amped
Yeah, remember those weird circles on the ground?

They'll be used later on.
Cool, thanks alot.
Old 03-12-04, 04:54 PM

Unlocking Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (The Easy Way)

There is a much easier way to unlock all the Ninja Gaiden classic games without having to get Master Ninja on all the levels. Keep in mind that the last two games on dependent on getting part 1 first. (ie.. You need to get 50 scarabs no matter what)

amped mentioned how to get Part 2, but here is part 3 as well.

The credit goes to "rashonmon" in Neotaku forums.

Spoiler:

------------------

Unlock Ninja Gaiden 1

Muramasa gives you this after you hand over all 50 scarabs.
Get all 50 golden scarabs and visit Muramasa's shop. You don't need to do them all in one play session. Continue your game from a successive save, and you start off with all the scarabs you picked up the last time. Now you can pick up the scarabs you missed. The spots of the scarabs you got in the previous game are now empty. When you hand over all 50, Muramasa will give you the Ninja Gaiden game disc that you can use in the arcade machine on the first floor of Han's Bar.

Unlock Ninja Gaiden 2, the Easy Way

Been slaving away, trying to get Master Ninja on every chapter? Get Ninja Gaiden 2 the easy way! After you get Ninja Gaiden 1, go to the Clock Tower Plaza of Tairon. Get up on the ledge above the multicolored door that takes you to Pleasure Street. This is the same ledge where you flip the switch to unlock that door. Pull out your bow and aim at the clock tower across the street. Shoot the face of the clock and a treasure chest will appear on the building across the street. Jump down, and go into the doorway across the street with the stairs. Ascend to the top, and find the chest there containing the Ninja Gaiden 2 game disc.

Unlock Ninja Gaiden 3, the Easy Way

To get Ninja Gaiden 3 the easy way, you must get Ninja Gaiden 2 first. Once you have that, go to the Peristyle Passage, which is the ceremonial room in the Aquaducts, just before your boss fight with the giant fossil bird. It's adjacent to the Hall of Balance. Remember the golden scarab you got on top of the broken pillar? Triangle jump back up there and you'll find the Ninja Gaiden 3 game disc.

Play Classic Ninja Gaiden Games From the Main Menu

You must go to Han's Bar to play the Ninja Gaiden games at first, but there is a way to get the classic games accessible from the main menu. Just beat Xbox Ninja Gaiden while having a classic Ninja Gaiden disc in Ryu's inventory. A new option will be added to the main menu that will allow you to play the old-school Ninja Gaiden games without visiting Han's Bar.

------------

Last edited by WepaMan; 03-12-04 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-12-04, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 03-12-04, 04:59 PM
Suspended

Doesn't it suck that it's the SNES versions instead of the NES versions? The music in the SNES versions sucked compared to the originals.
Old 03-12-04, 08:56 PM

this game rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 03-13-04, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went into EBGames last night with my $30 voucher in hand to get Metroid Prime. They had Ninja Gaiden out so you could play it. I ended up walking out with Ninja Gaiden. Now I just need to find the 22 hours it will take to finish this game.
Old 03-13-04, 11:02 AM

Man, as much as I REALLY want to like this game I am having the worst time with it. I've had it for 4 days and STILL cannot beat that first boss with the nunchucks and I blame that DAMN camera.
The problem is as someone else said, at the end of the day of working at a job you want to come home and relax and play a FUN game. Well, this is NOT that type of game. Its a controller smashing one! I don't consider myself a skill-less fool with games (Although now that I am 30 I don't seem to have the patience or skills I did when I was 10 back in the Commodore 64 days) but this just bites. Am I the only one finding this game to be difficult beyond belief? The way you are surrounded and the enemies take pot shots at you while Ryu "completes" his attack animation....but the worst is the camera...I'm sorry but I think this RUINS the game and it amazes me that no one has yet to create a camera for these types of games that works flawlessly. The ultimate problem for me stems from the fact that I can never see what the hell is going on at all times on the screen. I can hear an enemy enter a room but by the time I adjust the friggin camera to a proper angle, my ninja butt has been handed to me. UGH!! Just for kicks I went back and played the original NES Ninja Gaiden which wasn't exactly a cakewalk at the time and managed to make it to Act 3 and dying once. That made me feel a LITTLE better. :P

Thank you for allowing me to vent...
Old 03-13-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Wompratz
Man, as much as I REALLY want to like this game I am having the worst time with it. I've had it for 4 days and STILL cannot beat that first boss with the nunchucks and I blame that DAMN camera.
The problem is as someone else said, at the end of the day of working at a job you want to come home and relax and play a FUN game. Well, this is NOT that type of game. Its a controller smashing one! I don't consider myself a skill-less fool with games (Although now that I am 30 I don't seem to have the patience or skills I did when I was 10 back in the Commodore 64 days) but this just bites. Am I the only one finding this game to be difficult beyond belief? The way you are surrounded and the enemies take pot shots at you while Ryu "completes" his attack animation....but the worst is the camera...I'm sorry but I think this RUINS the game and it amazes me that no one has yet to create a camera for these types of games that works flawlessly. The ultimate problem for me stems from the fact that I can never see what the hell is going on at all times on the screen. I can hear an enemy enter a room but by the time I adjust the friggin camera to a proper angle, my ninja butt has been handed to me. UGH!! Just for kicks I went back and played the original NES Ninja Gaiden which wasn't exactly a cakewalk at the time and managed to make it to Act 3 and dying once. That made me feel a LITTLE better. :P

Thank you for allowing me to vent...
I felt the exact same way you feel, at first. After I got to around the 3rd stage, I started to love it.

Also, you made mention of being hit halfway during your characters attack animation, you can actually block at ANY time, even if your character is in the middle of an attack.

As for the first boss, he whooped my ass like two times, then I just took my time with him. Just keep blocking (you dont need to move around that much, or at all even). After he hits you a couple times (while blocking), open up a combo, and you should be able to hit him a couple times. Keep doing that, and eventually he will be defeated.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.