Reload this Page >

Played Ninja Gaiden last night...

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Played Ninja Gaiden last night...

Old 03-08-04, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by menaz
I dont know how to add the spoiler tags, but im warning you now, there might be a small spoiler below.
"spoiler" text"/spoiler" both " in brackets []
Old 03-08-04, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well i started playing last night and all i gotta say is...Damn I Love This Game!!! I have to admit, some people here got me kinda scared about the games diffculty, but now that ive invested a few hours into it, its not that bad. Its a bit tough, but nothing too bad, well i guess so far.
As for the first boss, i was prepared for him since i played the demo a few times. It was a bit tuff since the lack of weapons i had in the demo, but nothing a few dodges and jump attacks couldnt take care of. The second boss i gotta admit gave me some trouble. I tried a few times but finally got the hang of him and brung him down. The 3rd boss was a walk in the park, complete pushover. Right now im at 3hrs+ and im at the beginning of chapter 5.
The game started off a bit tough but once i got use to it and honed my ninja skills, i was whuppin' ass left and right. I take care of 3-4 ninjas at once without breaking a sweat. I found that hidden weapon in Tairon and it reallys helps. Oh and i love that Tairon stage, especially the Bar Scene!
Old 03-08-04, 04:11 AM

Originally posted by thegame370
Well i started playing last night and all i gotta say is...Damn I Love This Game!!! I have to admit, some people here got me kinda scared about the games diffculty, but now that ive invested a few hours into it, its not that bad. Its a bit tough, but nothing too bad, well i guess so far.
As for the first boss, i was prepared for him since i played the demo a few times. It was a bit tuff since the lack of weapons i had in the demo, but nothing a few dodges and jump attacks couldnt take care of. The second boss i gotta admit gave me some trouble. I tried a few times but finally got the hang of him and brung him down. The 3rd boss was a walk in the park, complete pushover. Right now im at 3hrs+ and im at the beginning of chapter 5.
The game started off a bit tough but once i got use to it and honed my ninja skills, i was whuppin' ass left and right. I take care of 3-4 ninjas at once without breaking a sweat. I found that hidden weapon in Tairon and it reallys helps. Oh and i love that Tairon stage, especially the Bar Scene!
Difficulty seems to ramp up quite a bit at about chapter 7,8.
Old 03-08-04, 08:29 AM
Cool New Member

What is all the whining about? So, this game is not a walk in the park. If it were, then what would be the call to play it? We are loving it and having a blast kicking ass. So what if it takes some skills to play. Absolutely stunning graphics and great game play.
Then there are the comparisons with dmc and onimushu? These two games WISH they were on the level with Ninja Gaiden.
Old 03-08-04, 10:03 AM

Finished on Normal difficulty about 10 minutes ago. Play time clocked at 21h54m. Overall it was a fun game, glad I played it to see what I would/wouldn't have missed if I didn't. Only collected 45 scarabs, was hoping to play NG(nes) before rental is over.

Pros:
Game can be hair-pulling difficult
Beautiful graphics *overall
Combat feel nice
Beautiful CG, probably some of the best game CG I've seen
Nice selection of moves to use
No problematic slowdown(although there is some, just not in combat)
Not a short game!

Cons:
Horrible camera
Enviroments are beautiful but lifeless
Characters look like plastic dolls
Lame story
Horrible english voice acting(was expected after playing Rygar)
Lame bosses(not just a NG problem)
No targeting reticle for Bow, slight annoyance
Team Ninja fascination with oversized breasts,leather
Did I mention the horrible camera?
Forgettable music
No Nes NG remixes(as far as I could tell, could be wrong)

Score 8.5

sambo777:
The comparisons are fair because TN copied quite a few things out of oni/dmc and transplants them into NG. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but they did copy some things.

Also DMC1>>>>NG>>>>>>Oni1>>Oni2.
Old 03-08-04, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by Josh
Here's what I did to beat the second boss.

And last but not least: get a couple of beers in ya!! (if you can). I found I was more relaxed, cared less about dying and was reacting more on instinct...
Best advice on a game forum eva!!!!

Heheh, oh and this thread is also informative, tnx guys, the 4horsemen weren't that tough, but the 2nd level boss was. Plus I only have that one full elixir right before u get in there.
Old 03-08-04, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got the nunchucks. Best weapon ever! The amount of combo's you can rack up is insane.
Old 03-08-04, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by flashburn
I just got the nunchucks. Best weapon ever! The amount of combo's you can rack up is insane.
Just wait until you upgrade 'em. The new combos add a crazy amount of hits.
Old 03-08-04, 01:33 PM

If you get good at countering, I found,at least for me, the war hammer the best. It has a wide swing so you can get more than one when countering on occasion, also it seems you go back to blocking faster at the end of the counter. There is less of a chance of being hit by another enemy at the end of a counter before going back to blocking with it, it seems.
Old 03-08-04, 03:27 PM

Vigorian Flails are the illest weapons, kick ass to the max. Got 150 hit combo last night.
Old 03-08-04, 03:43 PM

feh, fully upgraded wooden sword owns all!

And I'm being serious.
Old 03-08-04, 04:13 PM

How many upgrades does it take to max-out the wooden sword? I've upgraded it once already, but it's a little pricey considering I get more instant gratification upgrading my other weapons.
Old 03-08-04, 04:49 PM

It's a 7 level sword, so 6 more upgrades should do it.

Spoiler:
One way to rack up essence points is to find an area with respawning enemies, preferably enemies that are easy to kill such as bats or zombies. With a little time and effort, it should be fully upgraded before you know it.
Old 03-08-04, 05:14 PM

Yes, bats rule. Thanks to the little critters I have my dragon sword, flails, war hammer and wooden sword maxed out, items maxed out, and 99999 orbs. Bats are GOOD
Old 03-08-04, 05:19 PM

Are you guys going after bats (which yield pretty petty amounts of essence when killed by a single slash), with Max essence attacks? Does that make a big difference?

Spoiler:
A great place for bats is the long chute leading to the double worm caves in the Aquaduct level. Tons of bats in that chute, and tons of killin' for me to do.

Last edited by Abranut; 03-08-04 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-08-04, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by amped
feh, fully upgraded wooden sword owns all!

And I'm being serious.
ahah, i upgraded it to 3 and it started to glow! i was like ..woah....but no blood so it kinda sucks

on a different tip, i cant beleive how many people gave up on this hot game()...the boss fights are incredible...and i havent seen a combo system this good since......

one thing though..hehe...the menu system is the worst!

im typing now because i paused the game...I just witnessed the most gorgeous scene in video game history

Ninja Gaiden was this game. And ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is FINALLY! A game with A.I. that can ACTUALLY [email protected]$$!

Last edited by Young Vito; 03-08-04 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-08-04, 10:32 PM

Originally posted by Abranut
Are you guys going after bats (which yield pretty petty amounts of essence when killed by a single slash), with Max essence attacks? Does that make a big difference?

Spoiler:
A great place for bats is the long chute leading to the double worm caves in the Aquaduct level. Tons of bats in that chute, and tons of killin' for me to do.
You have to use a max essence attack to take out a lot, otherwise you get the petty essence.
Old 03-08-04, 11:21 PM

Just beat the bone dinosaur, man am I addicted bad, I started playing around 5 hours ago, I also can't believe people are giving up on this game, its just too much damn fun.
Old 03-09-04, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just finished fighting Alma in Chapter 7. The first time i fought her, she completely waxed the floor with me. The second time i completely owned her, but in all honesty, i was shocked i beat her so quickly the 2nd time around, i think i got lucky
Currently im at the beginning of chapter 9, awesome game so far
Old 03-09-04, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's it, im picking this up today
Old 03-10-04, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

what are some tips on beating the 1st boss? i tried 7+ times and all of them failed, when i hold down the Y button for the charge attack, he countered it by throwing me to the ground.
Old 03-10-04, 08:15 AM

Jumping attacks work well.

You can also jump off the wall and then do a downward slash.

But probably the best way is to block his combo then immediately counter with your own combo. As soon as your done, either jump or roll away. Never get too close and never use your shurikens or else you'll be in for a world of hurt.
Old 03-10-04, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This game kicks all sorts of ass. It's not terribly difficult once you find out how to exploit weaknesses/use your own strengths. Just remember to keep moving, staying still will get you killed in a hurry.
Old 03-10-04, 12:38 PM

Strategy I used for the first boss was simply block, block and the second he let up I would hit him, sometimes our swords would cross and he would lose balance, then I did as much as I could before he recovered. I pretty much stayed in his face the entire time, no running around for me.
Old 03-11-04, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, i was stuck on the Chapter 10 boss (Dragon Fiend) since the last time i posted here, which was like 2 days ago. I dunno, but that sucka was hard, i had to go back to the shop, stock up on some extra explosive arrows. Slowly and patiently, i defeated him. Did anyone esle find him difficult?, surely hes the toughest i faced yet. Currently im at the middle of chapter 12.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.