Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Any word on High Heat/Inside Pitch 2004?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-04, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I know Microsoft purchased the High Heat franchise from the now bankrupt 3DO but has there been any news about what they plan to do with it? I was thinking they would probably use the High Heat engine, update the graphics and release it as Inside Pitch 2004 or drop the Inside Pitch name and stick with High Heat. So far I've seen previews for all the baseball games for the upcoming season and no word yet on what Microsoft's entry will be or if they will even have one for this season. Anyone know what the scoop is?
Old 01-29-04, 02:46 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the game mags I just read had a preview of this years baseball games, and this series was omitted.

I'm guessing it's either not coming out this year, or at the least will launch later than the other games that generally come out right before the start of the season.

I hope they use the High Heat gameplay with better graphics. Inside Pitch was pretty crappy IMO, while High Heat played great but looked like crap compared to games like World Series 2K3.
Old 01-29-04, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I hope they use the High Heat gameplay with better graphics. Inside Pitch was pretty crappy IMO, while High Heat played great but looked like crap compared to games like World Series 2K3.
Agreed. High Heat has had the best game play, of any baseball game, since it's inception.
Old 01-29-04, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts
I don't have any info. But it's almost certain there will be a 2004 edition of High Heat Baseball, even if it's only the 2003 gameplay system with a graphical and roster update.
Old 01-29-04, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Without info, how do you know its certain :P Anyway, i've loved High Heat since 2000 and i've been extreme dissapointed in the last 2 editions. Hopefully Microsoft will put some money into it unlike 3do.
Old 01-29-04, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's been benched this year. There is a possibility for a roster update though.
Old 01-29-04, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by fumanstan
Without info, how do you know its certain :P Anyway, i've loved High Heat since 2000 and i've been extreme dissapointed in the last 2 editions. Hopefully Microsoft will put some money into it unlike 3do.
Actually I enjoyed the console versions of HH2003 & 04. The PC versions however sucked! The PC 2003 edition used the same graphics engine as 2002 and the only difference was they updated the rosters. It got worse with the 2004 edition. The graphic upgrade was nice but they completely overhauled the menus to be more like the console versions. There wasn't mouse support to navigate the menus and the stat tracking system sucked. One thing that didn't change was the great game play. No matter how bad the interface was, the menus, outdated graphics...the game was still enjoyable to play.

Like you said, with MS's money they should be able to put this series back on top. That would be a nice advantage for the Xbox when it comes to choosing the best baseball game for which console. I'm holding out hope we'll see a 2005 edition this year.
Old 01-30-04, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pray MS doesn't mess with the superior gameplay of High Heat. Inside Pitch was a joke. It sucks they're taking the year off, I just hope it comes back strong. Looks like I'll be going with ESPN this year.
Old 02-06-04, 02:30 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone wrote in and askes this very question in the latest Official X-box Magazine. The answer said it was still up in the air with 3 possibilities.

1. Inside Pitch will come out on the X-box and High Heat on the PC this year.

2. The High Heat engine will be absorbed into Inside Pitch this year.

3. There will be no MS baseball game this year, as they take their time to make a killer game next year.

I have to say the latter's more likely as it will sell like crap if it doesn't come out close to the other baseball games.