Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

I had no luck price-matching the Walmart GC Zelda Bundle!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-26-03, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to a few stores today and brought my Walmart sale paper to see if anyone would match Wal-Mart's $79 black Friday Gamecube Zelda bundle deal. None of the stores would do it. I even told them I would come in Friday morning during the sale, and still none of them said they could match Wal-Mart on Friday.

Toys R Us gave me the crappiest excuse. They said that because Wal-Marts bundle comes with a CD case its a special bundle and they dont match those. I even told them I didnt want no stinkin' CD case, just match the price for me, and they still refused.

Then I tried Circuit City. They said they couldnt match the price because its below cost and Nintendo has a special deal with Walmart only. I argued and argued about how their policy states that they will match ANY competitors price. They still refused!

Then I went to Electronics Boutique. The kid there was clueless and had to make phone calls to see if they would match the stupid price. The answer was "No, we dont match prices anymore." What?!?!

Then I went to Sears. Sears didn't even carry any Nintendo merchandise. I didn't bother trying Target....I guess I'll try to fight the crowd at Wal-Mart on Friday morning. Only a true cheapass would do that for $20 savings on Black Friday. Wish me luck! I can't believe that none of these stores nowadays even care about making a customer happy. They don't even stand behind their false price-matching policys!
Old 11-26-03, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

"""Only a true cheapass would do that for $20 savings on Black Friday"""

It`s all about the chase!

has nothing to do with the 20.00

it`s the chase man!it`s all about the chase!

good luck-

ps....if they open at 6:00

get there at 5:00
Old 11-26-03, 07:40 PM

My Wal-Mart is 24hours. So I'll get there at about 5am and walk around like a loser.
Old 11-26-03, 07:48 PM

even 24 hour walmarts close thanksgiving and reopen at 6 am on blackfriday
Old 11-26-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by tommy28
"""Only a true cheapass would do that for $20 savings on Black Friday"""

It`s all about the chase!

has nothing to do with the 20.00

it`s the chase man!it`s all about the chase!

good luck-

ps....if they open at 6:00

get there at 5:00
more like get there by 4:00

most places won't price match if there are other things bundled with it, even if you don't want the other stuff. their way of getting out of price matching since they supposedly can't match bundles.

Good luck on Friday, not worth the extra $20 in savings since the closest Walmart is about 40 min away.
Old 11-26-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ah! But you should have tried Target, in my experience they have a very lenient PM and return policy. but its YMMV and depends completely on who is working there and their mood (which usually isn't too good this time of year) so maybe you just saved yourself some time anyway, but at least in my area they are better than most others for PMs. I never expect anyone to price match Black Friday deals, but I've heard of other people getting away with it. Hope you can get one this Friday .
Old 11-26-03, 10:57 PM

24 hour stores ARE open 24HOURS. If a 24 hour store closes without approval from the Regional Vice President the store manager will be fired.
The store I work at is a Supercenter. Every blitz item has been palletized and wrapped in brown paper. Most of the Electronic items won't be given to customers. The customer must take a voucher and then go pay for the merchandise. Usually other items (toys, small appliances) will be brought out throughtout the night and guarded by associates. I am glad I work retail actually. Most of the people who shop Black Friday are idiots who would knock down their own relatives to save a dollar or two to buy crappy imported junk.
Old 11-26-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Outlaw
Ah! But you should have tried Target, in my experience they have a very lenient PM and return policy. but its YMMV and depends completely on who is working there and their mood (which usually isn't too good this time of year) so maybe you just saved yourself some time anyway, but at least in my area they are better than most others for PMs. I never expect anyone to price match Black Friday deals, but I've heard of other people getting away with it. Hope you can get one this Friday .
I don't think Target price matches at all.
Old 11-26-03, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nickdawgy
I don't think Target price matches at all.
Yep, last time I tried to do PM at Target they told me they don't do it anymore.
Old 11-26-03, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by random123
even 24 hour walmarts close thanksgiving and reopen at 6 am on blackfriday
Not true, Supercenters that are 24 hrs will be open. I know of two in my area and one is always overlooked.

According to my source, who is an asst. manager at Wal-Mart, each Supercenter will have approx. 70 GC blitz bundles. Non-Supercenter stores will have less, but she did not know how many.
Old 11-26-03, 11:23 PM
Banned

HMMM get to a store and wait a hour before it opens and then wait in line 2 hours to pay for it hmmmmmmm or just work 2 extra hours at work to get that extra $20. I think I will take the two extra hours of work. I'd end up having to go to sporting goods in walmart and get a gun for myself before I got the hell out of the store. I could not take all the BS people would be doing to get to stuff running into me almost knocking me over I'd bust a damn cup into someone ass before it was over. So my GC would not do me much good in jail and knowing my luck they would only have the purple one at walmart and once the other jail birds see that they would think wow I don't even have to brake in my new bitch in he is already gay.

Also yeah stores are *******s about price macthing they will make up all types of shit to try and get out of it. I mean just don't price macth if you're going to make crap up so you don't have to do it. However Best Buy has done it twice for me with no porb they just called the store up hell once they did not even call I just said the price and they gave me my money.
Old 11-26-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Homer Simpson
Yep, last time I tried to do PM at Target they told me they don't do it anymore.
really? I was able to do it at mine. But then again I haven't PM'ed at target for a long time, I just remebered that it was the easiest PM ever, a lot of other places look at me like I'm shop lifting or something, sucks that they aren't doing it anymore but I can see why.
Old 11-27-03, 12:42 AM

Re: I had no luck price-matching the Walmart GC Zelda Bundle!

Originally posted by CaboWabo
I guess I'll try to fight the crowd at Wal-Mart on Friday morning. Only a true cheapass would do that for $20 savings on Black Friday.
If showing up on the scheduled Friday would qualify oneself as a "true cheapass", I'd hate to hear the category one falls into for driving all around town to a minimum of four different stores trying to find someone to pricematch it ahead of time.
Old 11-27-03, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Target doesn't price match anymore. I work there
Old 11-27-03, 05:49 AM

For those of you too lazy to wait outside on BF, http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=332408
Old 11-27-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, lets try and price match an ad that hasn't started...sounds like a plan!
Old 11-27-03, 01:49 PM
Banned

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Yes, lets try and price match an ad that hasn't started...sounds like a plan!
Did you read his post he told the stores he would come back Friday and they still told him no to the price match. Man you sure defend stores a lot. Stores will make up all types of reasons to get out of a price match. I got no idea why they do it if their not going to honor it.

I say try Best Buy man they price matched for me twice with no porb. Also walmart.com is selling the system for $80 so you can get it off there and if you're scared it may be goofed up from shipping just return that unit to a walmart store and get a exchange for it.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 11-27-03 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-27-03, 01:58 PM

Just go to Walmart. Problem solved.
Old 11-27-03, 02:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

why not just goto walmart?
Old 11-27-03, 02:36 PM

But does Gamecube have Parappa?

See the other post.
Old 11-27-03, 03:25 PM

I just ordered the $80 Gamecube with Zelda Collector's disc from walmart.com. Paying an extra $6.40 for shipping is worth not having to go to the store early and dealing with the crowds.
Old 11-28-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wal-Mart on Black Friday morning... :shudder:
Old 11-28-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Picked up X2, Bend it like Beckham and another copy of the Lion King while I was there.

I've been afraid to express this opinion here before, but braving the cold weather and the stinky people has made give less of a damn what people think: Price-matching is tacky. If you like Best Buy's price, go to Best Buy. If you like Wal-Mart's price, get off your damn_high horse and go to Wal-mart.

There, I feel better now.
Old 11-28-03, 06:22 PM

The Walmart Supercenter near me is 24hrs, so I went their at 5AM. I went to the electronics dept and there were only 5 people in line. Someone told me that was the Camecube line, so I got in line. Behind the cashier were a stack of boxes containing the Gamecubes. By the time 6AM approached it was a madhouse. TONS of people were all crowding in to get a GC. The entire electronics dept was a traffic jam of shopping carts and people. Nobody could barely move. I actually saw a fist fight over in the toy dept over a CareBear. It was absolutely miserable. People were trying to all crowd in and they weren't able to determine the correct line to get in since we were all jammed in there. Finally some people at the front on the line convinced the cashier that it was only fair for the original people in the original line to get theirs first. At 6AM the cashier opened the boxes and started passing the Gamecubes down the line. The crowd was all trying to hold their hands up and get one. Their was no organization whatsoever. Luckily, I did get one. But the stupid cashier then said everyone had to pay for it in the elctronics dept. That was even more insane! We were packed in like sardines and trying to use 2 registers at the elctronics dept bottleneck. Finally I got to a register and was able to pay. Then I had to fight the crowd as I tried to make it to the front door to exit. Overall, I got the Gamecube for $79...but I'm not so sure this miserable experience was worth saving $20. I will have nightmares for some time to come.
Old 11-28-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My wife and I showed up at about 9:30 to Walmart. Apparently, they sold out of the bundle GCs at 6:10. Oh well. Guess Nintendo won't have any games in my house. I was gonna fork over some bucks for games, too. I won't pay $99 for it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.