Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

I had no luck price-matching the Walmart GC Zelda Bundle!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I had no luck price-matching the Walmart GC Zelda Bundle!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got back from Wal-Mart and they had 4 GC (79.99) bundles left, well 3 after I bought mine.
Old 11-28-03, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by CaboWabo
Overall, I got the Gamecube for $79...but I'm not so sure this miserable experience was worth saving $20. I will have nightmares for some time to come.
good to see the story have a happy ending .
Old 11-28-03, 10:06 PM
vgc

Originally posted by SleepyW
My wife and I showed up at about 9:30 to Walmart. Apparently, they sold out of the bundle GCs at 6:10. Oh well. Guess Nintendo won't have any games in my house. I was gonna fork over some bucks for games, too. I won't pay $99 for it.
I also went to a 24 hour Walmart and found out they had a huge line to get a Gamecube. I thought to myself it isn't worth it to stand in line for a Gamecube to save $20. I then price matched a couple of items at the front checkout and went to my next stop.

I traveled by a regular Walmart and I decided to try my luck again. To my surprise I went to the Electronics area, and got a Gamecube with no problem, and they had several left. I then price matched several low priced games from a Microcenter ad. I was rung up in about 10 minutes and left for my next destination.

It's weird how one store could be so busy and another have them readily available. I am glad Black Friday is over, but it was kinda fun hunting down the deals.
Old 11-28-03, 11:04 PM
Suspended

Location: Sonoran Desert; a place where it doesn't matter whether or not one can pronounce Donnacha.
I decided to sleep in as opposed to the mess that would await me at Walmart trying to get this bundle. Slept in and showed up at Walmart around 9:30am as I had a few other things to pick up which wouldn't be in high demand. Out of curiosity, I went to the electronics. Sold out, no surprise. So, I went about the store to pick up the other items. Stopped in the center aisle near the toy aisles where they place things on sale in the middle and parked my cart. Told my kids to stay there while I asked someone a question. Came back and what did I see sitting on top of a stack of other toys??? Yes, a Gamecube/Zelda bundle. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise, I just parked the cart at a random place. Someone had apparently changed their mind. Made my day! Slept in and got the bundle.
Old 11-29-03, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally posted by jarsim
I decided to sleep in as opposed to the mess that would await me at Walmart trying to get this bundle. Slept in and showed up at Walmart around 9:30am as I had a few other things to pick up which wouldn't be in high demand. Out of curiosity, I went to the electronics. Sold out, no surprise. So, I went about the store to pick up the other items. Stopped in the center aisle near the toy aisles where they place things on sale in the middle and parked my cart. Told my kids to stay there while I asked someone a question. Came back and what did I see sitting on top of a stack of other toys??? Yes, a Gamecube/Zelda bundle. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise, I just parked the cart at a random place. Someone had apparently changed their mind. Made my day! Slept in and got the bundle.
Cool deal, jarsim.

My sister wanted to get a Gamecube for my nieces and she saw that there were two left, so she grabbed one and was pretty happy. It was after the sale ended, and Wal-Mart still gave her the $79.99 deal, too
Old 11-29-03, 12:54 PM

If you are lucky enough to find one of those bundles on the shelf, I think it will still ring up as $79.44 because the box has a sticker of a different UPC code over the original bar code. Happy hunting.