Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

BB Price Match/Guarantee - Please Read...

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-03, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does everyone get the 110% Price Match/Guarantee from BB? Just curious because I always read stuff about pricematching, but not about the 10% difference. Also, is it YMMV when combining the PM with the Gamer's $5 off coupon and another BB coupon? Help me sort this out...

Here's my story - I just got back from Best Buy after getting a Platinum WaveBird [$34.99] (and LOTR:TTT EE [$24.99]). I pricematched the WaveBird to GameCrazy who has it for $29.99, and I used the Gamer's $5 off coupon bringing it down to $24.99. I have another 10% off coupon for movies, music and games (from the Holiday Book - check it out if you got one in the mail!), as well as my Reward Zone Card, but the girl at the register said she can't go back to the previous screen to scan in the coupon and the RZ#. She told me to go to Customer Service to have it adjusted. Total as I left the register: $53.97 (taxes included).

So, I head over to the CS to hand in my coupon and my RZ Card. I asked her about the Price Match/Guarantee and the 10% off on top of it. She said normally you'd have to come back to have the price adjusted, but she said she can do it right then if I didn't mind waiting for a few minutes. I said I could wait, so she goes and fiddles with the computer. After a few minutes, she comes back with about 4 different receipts. She explained to me how the process went, and long story short - I got the:

* Price Match Guarantee ($29.99)
* - 10% difference ($26.99)
* - my 10% off coupon ($24.29).

On top of that, I got 10% off the movie as well ($22.49 / the coupon says limit 5). She gave me a refund for $8.79, bringing my total to $45.18 (taxes included). Question is, where did my $5 off coupon go?! Did I get it with the refund, or did I get a better deal going this way? I'm still confused, but I'm not sure where to start. Should I be satisfied that I got the PM + two 10% off, or should I go back and ask for where my coupon went? What do you think? Comments please...
Old 11-19-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
This should really be in the store forum.
Old 11-19-03, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Decker
This should really be in the store forum.
I was thinking about that, but I was also thinking about the Gamer's $5 off coupon that's why I posted it here.

Mods, please move if necessary.

Old 11-19-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Price Matching is such a YMMV thing that there's really no point in trying to figure it all out. No two stores (or even two managers in the same store) have exactly the same policy all the time.

I wish I could help you more, but I was told there would be no word problems on this math test.

Old 11-19-03, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why the "please read"? What makes your question so special?
Old 11-19-03, 08:07 PM

According to the coupons' small print, you are not allowed to combine the two coupons in the same transaction even though one pertains to movies and another pertains to games.
Old 11-19-03, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most places won't let you combine discounts and coupons. Some places will only let you price match or use a coupon. YMMV.
Old 11-19-03, 10:34 PM

Price matching at the register only gets you the advertised price of the competitor you are matching to. If you PM at the customer service counter after the purchase, you get the 110%. It's a wierd policy.

Consider yourself lucky. None of the best buys I go to (3 different ones) do both pricematch and coupons. They tell me one or the other. Asking Best Buy to pricematch is like pulling teeth. They make you fill out a form with your name/address/phone number. It's as if they want to discourage people from doing it (works on me, discouraged me from even going into the store).
Old 11-20-03, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
This is true. Sometimes they say price matching and coupons you can't do both. So next time they tell me this, I am going to say "OK, I'll use the coupon." Then I will go outside, put the game in the car, and return for the price match. Or just stress to them the fact that if they won't do it, you can go over to the store that has the low price and use their coupon. Sometimes you get the jerks, sometimes you get nice people. It's a crap shoot.
Old 11-20-03, 08:05 AM

Thanks for the feedbacks, folks - just wanted to know what you all think about this 'issue'.

Old 11-20-03, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Uh... if you use the coupon, then go back to pricematch, won't that take away the coupon anyway? Unless I'm missing something, you're still not adding the coupon on top of the pricematch...