Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy XII (12)!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-07, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noonan4224
Use the moogle to warp to the bazaar area and go behind where you'll start. It'll be down on the left.
When does it appear during the game? I must be really stupid because I cannot find anyone that sells anything on the Bazaar section of the Rabanastre map.
Old 01-02-07, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
I think you have to kill Thextera one of the Monster Hunt to have the bazaar open. Just find the billboard in Sandsea tavern look for the name and talk to Gatsly who should be in tavern and accept the hunt. Thextera should be in Westersand. If you having difficultly beating him then I recommend you get Penelo later in the game to make the fight easier.
Old 01-02-07, 06:03 PM

Argh... So I never actually talked to Montblanc, so I was never a member... Shop now open. Thanks.

Last edited by sq240; 01-02-07 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-03-07, 03:35 PM

I came across your board searching the net on how to get the ferry to come in the town where Dantro's wife is and I came across here and read some interesting stuff about opinions on the series.

I saw someone talking about it being a pain in the ass to do random encounters, look at cutscenes and wander around aimlessly just fighting monsters. Why do you even play the game then? That has always been what Final Fantasy games have been about since the beginning. I love leveling up for hours and hours and taking the time to get absolutely everything there is to get and see everything there is to see before I'm ready to beat the game. If you don't like that kinda stuff, then this series isn't for you.

I've played and beaten most of the FF titles, my favorites being FFVII and Tactics easily and I may add XII to that soon. I was kinda surprised that so many people are down on FFVII because it was easily one of the best games in the series, revolutionary for the series as people came in droves to play this game who had never heard of or liked it before then. I thought the story was excellent, the gameplay was excellent, the materia system was excellent and the game was brilliant. I connected and was able to relate to all the characters and have replayed this game several times. It's funny to hear someone trash FFVII because of "super-deformed characters". Weren't they all up to this point? The game was infinitely better graphically than any previous FF title and ffs, it was a first generation PS1 game. What did you expect? Aside from the appearance of the characters, the game has awesome graphics and movies and the story, gameplay and soundtrack are more than enough to make any true fan see past the fact that Cloud doesn't have hands unless he's fighting.

I saw someone say how they completed one of the earlier titles in under 30 hours while getting everyone to level 99 and getting full completion. To me, that sounds completely unrealistic, and if you did beat the game that quick, there's no way you could have gotten everyone to level 99 without some help and certainly couldn't have achieved full immersion into the game. I've played those old NES and SNES titles and to get everything there is to get and get into the whole story (talking to everyone in towns etc..) as well as leveling all characters up to 99, there is no way you could do ALL that in only 30 hours. Just my opinion. Sorry if thats wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

At any rate, FFVIII was by far the worst excuse for a FF title I have ever had the misfortune of wasting my time playing. After all that work of doing everything, getting everything and getting full completion, I get the crappiest, stupidest, makes-no-sense ending I have ever seen in my life. The best part of the ending to that game was the camcorder part, which I admit was funny, but had NOTHING to do with the story at all. If the ending sucks, the rest of the game sucks because it's not worth playing as it's just a big waste of time. Therefore, the best thing about FFVIII was triple triad. FFVIII let me down so bad that I didn't even play IX and still haven't.

FFX and FFX-2 were great games I thought. X-2 had 3 endings and more freedom than you could handle which is a big bonus for me. Furthermore, the stories were all good and kept me hooked from beginning to end, which I am happy to say did not disappoint. FFVII, X and X-2 had alot of freedom and side quests and I *love* that because it makes the game last longer. I still love the classics though.

I am a huge FF fan, and at first, the battle system in XII made me very disappointed. I hated it at first, but it quickly grew on me and now I can't get enough of it. I got to Nidhogg but then started over because I sold the snakeskin and apparently I'll need it for something later in the game. Now I'm about to go into Garamsythe Waterway and very overleveled. Completed Rogue Tomato, Thexiera, and Flowering Cactite (or whatever its called) and Vaan is at level 11 cuz Vaan loves to level up and get lots of chain attacks.

Anyways sorry, I talk too much.
Old 01-03-07, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clownfish piece
I saw someone say how they completed one of the earlier titles in under 30 hours while getting everyone to level 99 and getting full completion. To me, that sounds completely unrealistic, and if you did beat the game that quick, there's no way you could have gotten everyone to level 99 without some help and certainly couldn't have achieved full immersion into the game. I've played those old NES and SNES titles and to get everything there is to get and get into the whole story (talking to everyone in towns etc..) as well as leveling all characters up to 99, there is no way you could do ALL that in only 30 hours. Just my opinion. Sorry if thats wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
Don't always believe what you read.

Anyways, welcome to the VGTalk Forum!
Old 01-04-07, 12:38 PM

Haha i didn't believe it. It figures that I would find this site after the bulk of the discussion was over with. lol

Thanks, nice to be here
Old 01-04-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sq240
Argh... So I never actually talked to Montblanc, so I was never a member... Shop now open. Thanks.
lol, took me a while to figure out this guy actually existed.
Old 01-31-17, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Final Fantasy XII (12)!!

The Zodiac Age for PS4 is dated for July 11th. I'm looking forward to giving this another play, and the changes seem interesting.

List of changes for the remaster:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/7/1211...m-hd-whats-new
Old 01-31-17, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

12 was the last FF I actually liked so I'll probably be down for this if it isn't full retail.
Old 01-31-17, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It's a little cheaper at $49.99. With Prime (and I assume GCU) it would kick it down to $39.99 which makes it cheap enough for me, but yeah if it was priced like a full retail release I'd probably pass/wait.
Old 02-01-17, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
It's a little cheaper at $49.99. With Prime (and I assume GCU) it would kick it down to $39.99 which makes it cheap enough for me, but yeah if it was priced like a full retail release I'd probably pass/wait.
Yeah, $49.99 is still to much for a remaster imho. Around the $29.99 I'll probably bite.
Old 02-01-17, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 553 Likes on 404 Posts

I never finished XII so I'll pick it up when it gets cheap. I waited on the FFX/X-2 bundle until it dropped to under $10 so I'll do the same with this one.