One-And-Only Ratchet & Clank Going Commando Thread

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

One-And-Only Ratchet & Clank Going Commando Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-03, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey starseed1981, how long did it take you to finish the game?

Thanks!
Old 11-16-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Well before I got everything, and I mean everything, it took about 14 hours. When I realized I wanted to beat the last boss like a badass I took an additional 6 to get every piece of armor and weapon.
So the total playtime is 15-20 hours depending on how you play.
Old 11-17-03, 08:50 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I played this game for about 5 hours on saturday. I am loving it.

I actually made it in pretty far, though I still have a lot to do.

Its a fun game and definetly better then Jak II(which I am also playing and having fun with)
Old 11-17-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone else find the "Going Commando" title a lil funny (Friends reference)?
Old 11-17-03, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That's the point of the title. Although I doubt the phrase originated on Friends.
Old 11-26-03, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since this is the ONE and ONLY Ratchet & Clank 2 thread, I'd figure I'd post this here...

I want to complete this game 100% (like I did with the first R&C), so that means, among other things, getting all the "Skill Points". Some of them are pretty obvious what needs to be done, but others I have no idea what I need to accomplish to get the Skill Point. I've got 17 out of 30 so far. It's taking up a lot of my time "guessing" on some of these, so I figured I'd just post here and ask for help for the rest of them. I created a list of the ones I've finished, and put a ? mark next to the ones I haven't. If anyone has accomplished any of these, please feel free to post what needs to be done... also, if you haven't done them yourselves, I've included a description of what you need to do.

I'll keep it in a spolier tag, in case somebody out there doesn't want to know the "how to"...

Spoiler:
Oozla
Smash and Grab - ?
Prehistoric Rampage – Shoot 4 Pterodactyls
Maktar Nebula
2b or not 2b Hit – Defeat the B2 Brawler without a scratch
Clank Needs a New Pair of Shoes – Win 300 bolts from the slot machines
Vandalize – Bust up the Maktar resort (destroy EVERYTHING!!!!)
Wrench Ninja: Blade to Blade – Defeat Chainblade with only the wrench
Barlow
Speed Demon - ?
Endako
Destroy All Breakables – Smash up the Circular City (again, destroy EVERYTHING!!!)
Operate Heavy Machinery – Smash 10 robots using the crane
Notak
Planet Buster – Destroy the floating globe
Siberius
You can break a Snow Dan – Break the Snow Dan
Tabora
Heal Your Chi – Find all crystals (there’s 100 of them!!)
Dobbo
Old Skool - ?
Robo Rampage – Turn Lunar city into a Parking Lot (once again, destroy EVERYTHNG!!!)
Dobbo Orbit
Dukes Up - ?
Joba
Bye Bye Birdies – Take out 12 birds
How Fast Was That? - ?
That’s Impossible - ?
Wrench Ninja II: Massacre - ?
Todano
Nothing to See Here – Destroy all Metacorp rockets along the tour
Try to Sleep – Turn 16 raccoons into sheep
You’re My Hero - ?
Boldan
No Shocking Developments – Ride the grind rail without a scratch
Snivelak
Moving Violation – Shoot down 14 ships
Damosel
Midtown Insanity – Go grinding and don’t get hurt
Safety Deposit - ?
Grelbin
Be A Moon Child - ?
No Planet Specified
Nano to the Max! - ?
Weapon Envy - ?
Nice Ride - ?
Old 11-26-03, 09:32 PM

This is the type of game that you play from start to finish. Then, start to finish again and so on.
Old 11-26-03, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
19K, all the skill points are detailed here.

And yes, this game is amazing.
Old 01-02-04, 01:39 PM

Received R&C:GC for Christmas and finally finished it today. Total play time was 47 hoursish. That time includes getting all weapons upgrades on normal and challenge mode,all skill points,all plat bolts,winning all arena challenges,winning all races etc etc, basically finishing 100% of the game. I think there is a time trial after finish Challenge mode once though, but I don't think it opens up anything and I don't care for time trials in games.

The game was never difficult, at least compared to the original R&C, I was disappointed in how easy the last boss was since Drek was much harder in the original.

R&C:GC>>>>Jak 2. I couldn't even bring myself to collect all the precursor orbs in Jak 2, and I didn't want R&C:GC to end. Can't wait for the 3rd in the series later this year.
Old 01-02-04, 01:46 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Galanthas

The game was never difficult, at least compared to the original R&C, I was disappointed in how easy the last boss was since Drek was much harder in the original.
I'm actually glad to hear that. I hate hard final boss battles (especially when the rest of the game is relatively easy) and I'm stuck at Drek in the first game now.
Old 01-02-04, 01:51 PM

Got this one for christmas and i love it. I beat it in 19 hours. A little short i could have used about 5 more planets at the end of the game (where it actually started to get a little tough). But its easily the best platformer out there. I'm almost done playing through it a second time in challenge mode.

I'll agree with most of the reviews out there. Its a 9.0 to a 9.5. If this were a 30 hour game it would be a 10 without a doubt. Can't wait for the next sequel.
Old 01-02-04, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I'm actually glad to hear that. I hate hard final boss battles (especially when the rest of the game is relatively easy) and I'm stuck at Drek in the first game now.
I'ge got four letters for you -- R Y N O. Get the Ryno gun and Drek ( and everything else will be a breeze. You can exploit the mecha-Clank over and over to harvest enough bolts.

And Clark : You're a stud. No Way I could beat that came in anywhere near that time. I'm over 20 hours in and I still have plenty of work left.
Old 01-03-04, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by Decker
And Clark : You're a stud. No Way I could beat that came in anywhere near that time. I'm over 20 hours in and I still have plenty of work left.
Thanks, I like to play.

I just dove into the game head first. I love it. And if you think that's quick: I'm on the last level in challenge mode (first time replaying) ... only 5 hours. I just used telsa shields and killnoids nonstop and blew through the levels.

It's really making me want to pick up Jak&Daxter and give that a whirl.
Old 01-03-04, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Decker
I'ge got four letters for you -- R Y N O. Get the Ryno gun and Drek ( and everything else will be a breeze. You can exploit the mecha-Clank over and over to harvest enough bolts.

I used the RYNO II on the last enemy in R&C II and I was seriously disappointed. It fell in 10 seconds! and I didn't get a chance to see what kind of attacks it did. It just appeared, died, and then the cut scene started to play....

btw, next time someone beats the game, look for Roland Tamayo in the credits (his name is on top of a bunch of other names when they start showing them all in reverse alphabetical order)--he's a relative and I just wanted to give him props on his work!
Old 01-03-04, 01:15 PM

The only problem I have is that the difficulty all of sudden goes from really easy to unreal difficulty in about 2 seconds on the megacorp world with the long bridge. I was playing it non stop until I got to that level, but the constant running back and forth to get ammo (on top of dying at the last second) has made me lose interest in the game for now. When you have to play for like 30 to 40 minutes on one stretch and then have to replay it over and over, it really adds a black eye to the game. Other than that though, I've really liked the game.

Taylor34
Old 01-03-04, 07:08 PM
Retired

I beat him on my second try (after about 15 the other night) using the Devastator. I just didn't have the patience to get all the bolts for the Ryno.

taylor34

I feel you on the replaying. I haven't played the second yet, but there were a ton of times in the first where I die after playing for like 20 minutes and get started back at the beginning of the level and just be like "you've got to be kidding me." Some start back points are just way too far apart and I hate replaying things over and over.

Some questions regarding Going Commando.

1. I read that you can start with your weapons from the first game. Is this true? If so is it for all weapons? I still need to get the Tesla Claw and Ryno, but won't bother if they don't carry over. What about gold weapons? Can they be carried over?

2. Does it still have the stupid trespasser thing? That was my least favorite part of the game, about half the time I just solved them by randomly moving the things around in frustration until it worked.
Old 01-03-04, 08:27 PM

Your answers, Josh
1: Five of your first game's weapons are available for free (if you bought them in the first game). They're not available right away. It's a vendor about five levels in. The weapons are the Visabomb, Bomb Glove, Walloper, Decoy Glove and the only one I actually use, the Tesla Claw.

2: No, they don't have the Tresspasser. They have a very similar thing called the Electrolyzer that is fortunately easier to use and more intuitive.

BTW : taylor was referring to the second game whcih really ramps up the difficulty after a while. It's still worth it. Buy it Josh!

Last edited by Decker; 01-03-04 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-03-04, 08:38 PM
Retired

Oh, I'm definitely buying it. However, I'll wait for it to hit $20 as I did with the first. There's very few games I'll pay more than $20 for anymore.

I knew taylor was talking about Going Commando, I was just commenting that I hated that in the first game.
Old 01-03-04, 09:05 PM

Well, Josh, to paraphrase the legendary rock band Bachman Turner Overdrive:
Y-Y-You ain't seen n-n-nnothin' yet!

It gets a lot harder in the second go around. I sometimes have to try a section of a level literally over 20 times before getting it done. The glider I find especially difficult for some reason. Anyways, the beauty of the game is that nothing is impossible and you can get it if you just stick with it.
Old 01-04-04, 11:17 AM
Retired

Yeah, I doubt I'll find anything too hard in Going Commando. I'll just get annoyed when some of the start back points are too far apart again.

I don't mind replaying a five minute section 20 times. It's when you play that section 20 times, get past it, then play on for another 10 minutes, then die and have to start back at the beginning of that section again that drives me nuts.