Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Otogi: Myth of Demons

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-03, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Otogi: Myth of Demons

Anyone play this, I played a demo of it today, but I heard that it was insanely hard but is getting good reviews,. You guys got any comments?
Old 11-04-03, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Think Shinobi for the PS2 but not as insanely hard. Still difficult though. The camera takes some getting used to. I love it, the atmosphere is what really makes the game.

The gameplay is good, it does the hack-and-slash meets RPG hybrid genre which is so popular in today's action games. The price is good too, only $39.99.

Jeremy
Old 11-04-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great Game

Can't Wait Otogi 2 comming OUT
Old 11-04-03, 11:54 AM

Do you get that very traditional Japanese music throughout the whole game? I only played it for like 5 minutes at EB and was not very happy with the music of the first level.
Old 11-04-03, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
It is still pretty hard, especially if you're trying to unlock everything. For instance, I'm not sure how I can get 100% destruction in the level where you have to smash all the pillars because of the time limit and the number of crystals that also have to be smashed -- while at the same time being damaged by water and enemies.

I'm currently stuck on the level where you're fighting one on one with the big red haired demon. I can get in some hits here and there, but it's really pretty frustrating and difficult at this stage. I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to beat it or not -- or if I even feel like it right now.
Old 11-04-03, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by menaz
Do you get that very traditional Japanese music throughout the whole game? I only played it for like 5 minutes at EB and was not very happy with the music of the first level.
YES!

That's what makes the game for me, how it is deeply rooted in Japanese culture and history. If you are looking for rock or techno music, you'll have to go somewhere else.

Jeremy
Old 11-04-03, 12:39 PM

I didn't think it was all that hard until the last boss , that made me pause , man I must have redone that level 20 times. Still one of my favorite games when i'm in the mood to break something
Old 11-15-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A friend of mine bought this for me.. enjoying it so far but I'm hooked on Nintendo's lock-on system for Zelda and Metroid.. I don't like moving the camera around manually in these action games.