Reload this Page >

Final Fantasy XI Pre-order deals

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-29-03, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

With the game less than a month away I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where people could share any pre-order deals they've come across for FFXI. Of course, I'm referring to the PC version of this game...the PS2 version isn't set for release until 1st Qtr. 2004. Besides, if you're going to play an MMORPG it's better to do it on a PC than a console, imo.

So far the best deal I've come across has been Gamestop. They have it for $49.99 plus they're offering FREE overnight shipping and you also get a free FF mouse pad(yay ). My experience with ordering online from Gamestop has been pretty good....when I pre-ordered SWG w/free overnight shipping I received it around 10am(PT) the morning both EB & Gamestop stores received their copies. Plus I didn't have to drive 20miles to get it and I saved 8% on sales tax.

EBgames has it for $49.99 as well and they're also offering the free FF mouse pad but I didn't see any mention about free shipping...maybe that's yet to come. I've also had no problems ordering online from EB...the only MMORPG I've ordered through them was AC2 and I received that the same day it hit stores.

You can't go wrong with either place....with EB you're not getting the free overnight shipping so Gamestop has the better deal between the two. If anyone else has come across a better offer, feel free to post it.
Old 09-30-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't See IT.......call Deal. If you can Find it under $39.99 or Less is call Deal
Old 09-30-03, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, so post a link if you find it for $39.99 or less. It is a deal..you get free overnight shipping which is like a $10 value and a mouse pad. I'm guessing that you'll be able to get it from Bestbuy for $44.99...so you save $5, yipee! Then add sales tax and the gas it cost you to go pick it up...$5 is gone, you're still paying $49.99.
Old 09-30-03, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make sure you have a PS2 style game controller, as it will greatly improve gameplay. You'd think mouse and keyboard will function well, but it's a pain.