Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

$10 off Ubisoft games + Free shipping on Preorders.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-03, 09:10 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UbiSoft Store

Use Code: BANE0903 Works for any game over $19.99 for 1 order only. Not sure how long it lasts.

Good deal for those interested in Prince of Persia, XII, or a Tom Clancy Game. Also, some regular games have free shipping like Splinter Cell.
Old 09-29-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts
Thanks. Just ordered XIII. I guess that must be the sequel

That looks like it'll be a fun game, especially online.

Thinking about Rainbow Six 3. What do people think about this one?
Old 09-29-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought the Rainbow Six 3 demo ($10 towards my pre-order).

Splinter Cell graphics, but it's more a FPS shooter feel. Fast paced, but there's still a lot of strategy involved.

It's hard too. I can't beat the demo mission at the recruit setting.
Old 09-29-03, 12:26 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, no free shipping on Rayman 3. The cheapest shipping is $6 and something, putting the cost above what it would be at Best Buy after the coupon.

I was really hoping to score that game for $10-12 bucks.

Thanks for posting the coupon though.
Old 09-29-03, 12:52 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Rayman 3 is about $7 at ebgames.com I think.

I was going to buy it, but then read the reviews.
Old 09-29-03, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by Gromit
I bought the Rainbow Six 3 demo ($10 towards my pre-order).

Splinter Cell graphics, but it's more a FPS shooter feel. Fast paced, but there's still a lot of strategy involved.

It's hard too. I can't beat the demo mission at the recruit setting.
Where did you buy this demo?
Old 09-29-03, 12:54 PM
Retired

Cool, I'l have to check it out.

The reviews I read said it was ok, but that they gave it relatively low scores (7's or so) because it wasn't as good as Rayman 2. Mainly complained that the worlds were smaller and there was less exploration.

I liked Rayman 2 a lot, so I'm willing to give 3 a shot-- for the right price anyway.
Old 09-29-03, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by Trevor
Where did you buy this demo?
You can get it from the UbiSoft store at the link above, with $10 off and free shipping with a Ranbow Six 3 preorder. I preordered it based on the praise the demo got in this forum. What the hay. I bite at these types of games, but I'll give this one a shot.

Here's the direct link.

Last edited by Decker; 09-29-03 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-29-03, 01:45 PM

Ok, thanks. I saw that, and am thinking about ordering it.

But the way you phrased it, I thought that maybe there was a separate demo only, or that there was a separate rebate or pre-buy somewhere else. Thanks for the clarification.

Does anyone know if this demo disc will be available elsewhere? I imagine the game will be $39.99 (or less with BB coupon) the first week it comes out, and if the demo will come with all copies or will be available elsewhere I'll hold off on ordering this thru Ubisoft.
Old 09-29-03, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought mine at Software Etc. last Wednesday (9/24). It has the RS3 demo, Ghost Recon demo, GR:Island Thunder demo, 4 new maps for GR: Island Thunder and 3 new missions for Splinter Cell (if you count Kola).

It was $10 but that goes towards Rainbow Six 3 once it's released.
Old 09-29-03, 03:24 PM

I imagine the game will be $39.99 (or less with BB coupon) the first week it comes out,
Based on what? Very few games that retail for $49.99 sell for less than that when they come out. At best, they will give a $10 GC with purchase, which may be useful but isn't the same as buying a game for $49.99. Also there is tax at BB, but not in most states using the Ubi Soft site. Bottom line : this is probably a better deal than you're going to find for some time; and in addition, that bonus disc with "exclusive" extra SC levels makes it a desirable pre-order. Go for it

BTW I beleive the pre-order deal is available elsewhere like EB Games as a preorder, but no, it won't be packaged with the game.

I'm a little bummed that UbiSoft isn't including the CD soundtrack with the XIII preorder, as I had heard that was the preorder deal with that game. Anyone know anything about that?
Old 09-29-03, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by Decker
Based on what? Very few games that retail for $49.99 sell for less than that when they come out. At best, they will give a $10 GC with purchase, which may be useful but isn't the same as buying a game for $49.99. Also there is tax at BB, but not in most states using the Ubi Soft site. Bottom line : this is probably a better deal than you're going to find for some time; and in addition, that bonus disc with "exclusive" extra SC levels makes it a desirable pre-order. Go for it

I'm a little bummed that UbiSoft isn't including the CD soundtrack with the XIII preorder, as I had heard that was the preorder deal with that game. Anyone know anything about that?
I count a $10 GC as cash, since I know I'll spend hundreds at BB and CC before it expires.

My experience is that most games are on sale SOMEWHERE the first week they are out, often at CC or BB, which means you can also use the $5 coupon. I've rarely paid more than $34.99 for a new release (counting GCs or rebates).

And I've seen the free XIII soundtrack at EBgames.com btw.
Old 09-29-03, 03:52 PM

That's what I thought. The music for that game really kicks a$$ as well. Damn, why isn't included with this preorder.
Old 09-30-03, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great Deal, just reserved Batman Rise of the Sing Tsu for $30.00 bucks shipped. Got a weak spot for the animated bats.
Old 09-30-03, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Anyone know about if there's an expiration date on the offer? Just curious and a little short on cash at the moment.

thanks.
Old 09-30-03, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you are planning to use for a pre-order, they don't charge until the item ships.
Old 09-30-03, 01:16 PM

but if your getting rainbow six 3 for xbox they bill the entire amount right away due to the demo shipping right away.
Old 10-01-03, 03:48 PM

Just to follow up on this:
I was at Best Buy at lunch and they now have a $5 preorder for this that includes 2 discs, a PS2 demo and the CD soundtrack. I used the gamer's coupon and got the set for free from a confused and puzzeled store manager. I listened to the soundtrack on the ride back to work. It kicks! Better than most movie soundtracks, so far. Easily worth the actual price of $5. I'll post tonight on how the PS2 demo plays, if anyone's interested.

BTW My demo for Rainbow Six 3 shipped UPS yesterday.
Old 10-01-03, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks Flay, just preordered Rainbow 6.
Old 10-01-03, 05:15 PM
Banned

Thanks bud I just order Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3.
Old 10-02-03, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just to follow up on this:
I was at Best Buy at lunch and they now have a $5 preorder for this that includes 2 discs, a PS2 demo and the CD soundtrack. I used the gamer's coupon and got the set for free from a confused and puzzeled store manager. I listened to the soundtrack on the ride back to work. It kicks! Better than most movie soundtracks, so far. Easily worth the actual price of $5. I'll post tonight on how the PS2 demo plays, if anyone's interested.

BTW My demo for Rainbow Six 3 shipped UPS yesterday.
They didn't happen to have a similar deal for the XBOX at BB did they?
Old 10-02-03, 10:34 AM

No. Just a PS2 demo. Though I suppose if you didn't care about the demo, you could use the $5 as a preorder for the Xbox version, maybe. It would be a better deal to buy it through the link above, though.
Old 10-02-03, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

WARNING - R63 pre-orders are being charged now. This is completely opposite of what I was told last week. The guy told me the "policy has changed since Friday". Well isn't that convenient.
Old 10-06-03, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No. Just a PS2 demo. Though I suppose if you didn't care about the demo, you could use the $5 as a preorder for the Xbox version, maybe. It would be a better deal to buy it through the link above, though.
Thanks for the info Decker.
Old 10-07-03, 01:53 AM
Cool New Member

I went and picked this up tonight. the front of the package says NOT FOR SALE, and you need the receipt, not this, in order to use it as a preorder, so I walked out with it visibly displayed in front of me to the attendant.

this game is so much better than i expected. i picked up the controls pretty quickly, and now they are almost second nature. some of the most comfortable and advanced controls i've used for an FPS. the graphics are beautiful, and they used the comic feel wonderfully. the soundtrack is great, changing with the mood. everything is usable and breakable. you can pick up chairs, bricks, ashtrays, whatever, and throw them at people. you can stab or throw your knives. lots of great weapons. everything thus far is very intuitive, with icons letting you know when you can pick something up, when you can break something, and the visible footsteps are beautifully implemented. the demo disc has two levels.

but then i played the multiplayer. it's all about the multiplayer. you can play with 2 people and some AI characters on the demo disc, first to twenty wins. the AI players range in difficulty, and usually there is one that destroys everything. it's very fluid and competitive, with a great feel to it.

go get the demo. you won't regret it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.