Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Mario Kart Double Dash will include mario kart disc, not to be sold separately

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-03, 05:42 PM
Doctorwho

Mario Kart Double Dash will include mario kart disc, not to be sold separately

Looks like Nintendo opts to screw fans up the ass this time.
Planetgamecube.com reported the following.

"Nintendo clarified at its recent Gamers' Summit that the despite how the news release was worded, that the Mario Kart bonus disc will be packed in with Mario Kart: Double Dash, and will not be available separately at retail. Planet GameCube and Nintendo apologize for the confusion."

Same thing they did with Zelda. If nintendo apologizes for the confusion then doesnt that mean they know what they're doing, and they're choosing to screw fans? Also do all of the zelda wind walker games come with oot or is it just for the preorders?

I can type ass right?

still looks good though.
Old 09-27-03, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, because they are giving a free bonus game away with the new game, they're screwing fans?

I'm baffled..?
Old 09-27-03, 06:21 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Those jerks...giving us extra content like that. WTF?
Old 09-27-03, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I hate free stuff and I hate Nintendo for practically forcing me to be happy.
Old 09-27-03, 06:57 PM

Yeah, god forbid that I should opt not to pre-order, but still get the bonus content...
Old 09-27-03, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Yeah I am as confused as the rest of you. How exactly are we getting screwed here???????
Old 09-27-03, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why exactly would you want Mario Kart 64 but not Double Dash?
Old 09-27-03, 07:22 PM

I might have missed something, but I don't think the contents of the "bonus disc" have been confirmed yet.

Mario Kart 64 is just a rumor...
Old 09-27-03, 07:25 PM
Retired

It's a freebie. Like the guys said above, I don't think anyone's going to want MK64 (or whatever the bonus is) and not Double Dash.
Old 09-27-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believed early Nintendo saying : Free Preview Demo Disc whenever you Pre-order the copy...but... alot complain & Thread about the Bonus Disc.... So, They giving Free Mario Kart 64 as a BONUS whenever it release with the game

To meeeeh is great better than nothing...... Also, it take Nintend0 over 1 month to get Bonus Disc. out at the same time the game release
Old 09-27-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Mario Kart Double Dash will include mario kart disc, not to be sold separately

Originally posted by Doctorwho
Looks like Nintendo opts to screw fans up the --- this time.
Planetgamecube.com reported the following.
Nice language on a video game forum.
Old 09-27-03, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Shit, if we could say shit then ass should be allowed.

Shit on us nintendo! I don't want your free shit!
Old 09-27-03, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
If I were Nintendo, I would do the same. I got the Star Wars arcade game, and didn't buy the new game. If I had to to get the arcade original, I would have.
Old 09-27-03, 10:43 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
The disc has been known to be available only to those who pre-ordered (Like Zelda and Star Wars). What do you expect? Nintendo want's to know how popular this title will be, and by pre-ordering you not only help them out, but help out whoever you are pre-ordering from so they know how many copies they should get in (Though some will disagree, since pre-ordering is apparently stupid and every videogame store should carry 500 copies of a new release).

PRE-ORDER it already! Its $5! Can you NOT afford that? Do you not plan to buy this game? Man
Old 09-28-03, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TRU is the only place I've found where you can preorder the game and get the bonuc disk. From what I was told, you would get the bonus disc when the game comes in and it (bonus disc) is in limited quantities. So it's not actually packed in with the game.
Old 09-28-03, 02:37 AM

What the heck is this thread about?

The topic post is the most incoherent post I've read in quite a while.
Old 09-28-03, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
cliff notes:

Mario Kart Double Dash comes with bonus disc
Bonus disc comes ONLY with Mario Kart DD
Material on the bonus disc might be Mario Kart 64
Screw you nintendo for making me have to buy something to get something free
Profit
Old 09-28-03, 05:42 AM

I thought the rumors had been ended. It is definately demos, and not MK64, on the disc.
Old 09-28-03, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The REAL reason Nintendo is now only selling the game with MKDD is because of retail abuse of the previous demos.

Zelda, Star Wars bonus disc and the first demo disc were being sold Nation wide as a seperate consumer item. ($40 at Best buy in most cases.) In other cases they were proply priced. Whether the stores were just dumb or trying to profit of the discs who knows.

Anyhow, I got this little tidbit from a Nintendo Rep "Ryan" on the phone, we talked for about 15 minutes, he seemed to know his stuff. (ie: wasn't reading a computer screen with supplied answers)

On a final note, how could Nintendo do this to us? What's next? Are they going to lower the GC to a super bargain of 99$ and continue offer tons of exclusive AAA games at $30 and below? JERKS!

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 09-28-03 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-28-03, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
The REAL reason Nintendo is now only selling the game with MKDD is because of retail abuse of the previous demos.

Zelda, Star Wars bonus disc and the first demo disc were being sold Nation wide as a seperate consumer item. ($40 at Best buy in most cases.) In other cases they were proply priced. Whether the stores were just dumb or trying to profit of the discs who knows.

Anyhow, I got this little tidbit from a Nintendo Rep "Ryan" on the phone, we talked for about 15 minutes, he seemed to know his stuff. (ie: wasn't reading a computer screen with supplied answers)

On a final note, how could Nintendo do this to us? What's next? Are they going to lower the GC to a super bargain of 99$ and continue offer tons of exclusive AAA games at $30 and below? JERKS!

I am a little confused as to why anyone would consider this bonus disc to be different from any of the previous 3 in terms of its availability. NONE of them were available at retail officially. It is just that tons of retailers ignore the NOT FOR RESALE text that is prominantly displayed on the box. There hasn't been any change in policy from Nintendo's standpoint.

You'll be able to get the MKD bonus disc at some random retailers who put them out, just like best buy put out the rebel strike disc, even though it was also only for those who pre-ordered. You won't be able to do this at EBgames, but then again, they have no shame in buying these bonus discs back and reselling them
Old 09-28-03, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by rayw69
I am a little confused as to why anyone would consider this bonus disc to be different from any of the previous 3 in terms of its availability.
The news going around is that this bonus disk is going to be packaged inside the actual case of Mario Kart DD. Just like the 2-disk packaging of the Resident Evil Gamecube games. Only those who preorder will get this special "bonus disk" package. So it appears that no store will be able to sell these disks individually.

I'm hoping to see some playable demos of Metal Gear Solid: TTS, Final Fantasy: CC, 1080 Avalanche, Pikmin 2, Starfox Armada, etc. on the bonus disk!

Last edited by CreatureX; 09-28-03 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-28-03, 01:19 PM
Suspended

So how will they determine who pre-ordered and who didn't? If they did it that way, everyone who bought the game the first week of release would receive the disc inside, as I doubt they would do a special run just for the pre-orders.
Old 09-28-03, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If I am understanding it correctly, the game Mario Kart Double Dash will come packaged with 2 discs. One will be the game Mario Kart: DD, the other will be a bonus disc. If thats then I won't have to go through the hassle of pre-ordering the game and just pick it up at BB . I was getting this game anyway, a bonus is always nice .

I'd kill for a demo of Metal Gear Solid: TTS and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronices, or Pikmin 2.
Old 09-28-03, 02:24 PM
Suspended

Outlaw, that is not how the bonus is being handled though. If you pre-order, you will get an additional disc (like Zelda and Rebel Strike) on the day of release, rather then before. CreatureX is speculating how it might have been handeled, how Nintendo has proven that to be wrong.

Looks like some people might have to *gulp* PRE-ORDER!
Old 09-28-03, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd like it to be a bonus disc of MK64, but if the disc only has demos I can wait for a price drop.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.