DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Any News on Final Fantasy XII? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/319251-any-news-final-fantasy-xii.html)

SiberianLlama 09-21-03 09:42 PM

Any News on Final Fantasy XII?

Not to be a troll or anything, but does anyone else besides me not really care at all about Final Fantasy X2 or Final Fantasy Online (XI), and just wants to hear about XII?

Has there been any new info about the game? I'm actually really excited about XII. I liked X a lot, and I remember reading that the guy in charge of Front Mission 3 and Vagrant Story (two awesome games) was designing it, which is way cool in my book.

PalmerJoss 09-22-03 07:55 AM

I'm interested in Final Fantasy X2, but only mildly. It looks alright, but I didn't much care for Final Fantasy X, so it looks like this might be a rent title.

As for Final Fantasy XI, I don't much care, mostly because it's being packaged with the PS2 hard drive next year which I have no plans on picking up. I don't much see the point in spending $99 in spring of 2004 then spending another $299 for the PS3(which will most likely have a hard drive) when it comes out in Fall 2005. I may give it a shot on my pc, but not on PS2. I'm tired of paying for peripherals that should have been included with the PS2 to begin with.

REL77 09-22-03 10:12 AM

I will look into them all, and have to decide, I really didnt like X that much, loved 7-9 though, but dont plan on getting a PS2 HD for the same reason as Palmer stated. To little to Late for the PS2

trigun 09-22-03 11:29 AM

I don't mind picking up a HD, but I will not pay $13 a month to play a game.

PixyJunket 09-22-03 11:44 AM

$13? Holy crap and I thought PSO was bad at $9 or $10 or whatever it was before I cancelled. Knowing Final Fantasy fans the entire game is probably a virtaul anime chat room with thousands of dumb faces like ^_^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; OOO#_O_OO___O o-O and people speaking the 2 or 3 japanese words they learned from some cartoon.

I might've been okay paying to play PSO but it just seemed like there were too many retards playing.. and I was really tired of seeing SSJ666VegitaGoku characters every time I logged on. Ugh.

Tigger 09-22-03 11:46 AM

Um.. guys... the title is Final Fantasy XII ... 12... not 11 which is online only.

I for one can't wait!! I thought X was amazing. Gonna skip XI..

mvc 09-22-03 01:20 PM

I'm actually looking for to FFX2.
I'm really looking forward to FF12, which will probably be amazing as usual. As for FF11, psh. An interesting idea, but I don't think Square should have ignored the offline aspect of FF. Maybe there could be some kind of integrated off/online game or something, but FF has always been a story game.

Josh H 09-22-03 01:31 PM

I'm very excited for X2, and I'm sure XII will be great as well, but that's probably a good ways off. I wouldn't be shocked if it fell clear back to the PS3.

XI I couldn't care less about as I don't like online gaming, especially MMORPGs.

Setzer 09-22-03 01:32 PM

I wish Square would have not have titled their MMORPG Final Fantasy XI. It should have been just called 'Final Fantasy Online'. I mean, if you're gonna do that then why not have included Final Fantasy Tactics in the series instead of giving it a seperate title?

As for FFXII I can't wait! The only piece of media Square has released to date is this:

http://www.aglassenterprise.com/public/ff12poster.jpg

SiberianLlama 09-22-03 02:25 PM

That's one gorgeous picture!

joshd2012 09-22-03 04:18 PM

Magicbox says it won't be at TGS.

Outlaw 09-22-03 07:20 PM

Yeah that picture has been around since last december I think, but its still awesome even now. I'm looking forward to it based on that artwork alone, but as far as getting hyped, I'm gonna wait until more comes out. :)

The only thing they have said is that it will be vastly different in style from previous final fantasy's and involve more strategy based battles.

The fact that Yasumi Matsuno (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Vagrant Story) is producing this game instead of Hironobu Sakaguchi (who produced the last 10 and X2) makes me think they might be right. But we won't know for sure until we see something from it. I'm probably gonna skip on XI unless I can get a good deal or something, I'm not too into MMORPG's lately but if its good enough it could change my mind.

mudkiller 09-25-03 11:38 PM

www.FF12.com
hmm, more information 11/19/2003