Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simpsons Hit&Run review "Best Simpson game released to date."

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/dri...un/review.html

And for the lazy:

Score 8.3
Old 09-15-03, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before this the best Simpson game released to date was the pressing the enter button 3 times to get to the episode menus on the season 2 dvds. Unfortunatley its not too hard to be the BEST SIMPSONS GAME RELEASED TO DATE!
Old 09-15-03, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 961 Likes on 728 Posts
O Simpsons Arcade Where Art Thou?
Old 09-16-03, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My wife plays games with me and deals with my hobbies pretty well.

Then some time ago she was reading a video game mag I left sitting around and she became obsessed with getting this game. She isn't very good at games and the reviews say the missions are either very hard or super easy. I don't mind her getting the game but I don't want to see her waste 50.00 on a game she won't be able to get much out of.
Old 09-16-03, 01:05 AM

"The Best Simpsons Game release to date" isn't really saying much...

But the old skool arcade game kicked ***!!!

Spent many of quarters on that one...
Old 09-16-03, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been looking forward to this game... it seems like a good mix of Road Rage (which was fun in small doses) and the GTA series. I guess it all depends on how much you enjoy the "world" of the Simpsons; I think it'll be fun for any fan of the show.

EGM gave it a pretty good rating this month and if I recall, the only really negative thing they said about it was that the Simpsons "still look weird in 3D". Which can't be helped I guess; though I've always thought the same thing...

C'mon... I'm a fan of Simpsons arcade too, but this looks like a lot more than punch-punch-kick-kick GO!!

GameRankings says:

PlayStation 2 - 78.9%
Xbox - 80.4%
GameCube - 78.1%
PC - 80.0%
Old 09-16-03, 02:20 PM

Well going on previous experience (Simpsons Wrestling) I would say the same thing... heheheh. I dunno, might give it a rent.
Old 09-16-03, 02:29 PM

One of the cool things I recall about the arcade game...was that when you stood next to another player for a second or two - the characters would unite.

Homer and Marge turned into a wrecking ball....
Bart and Lisa held hands and screamed....
I think Homer and Bart teamed up (with Bart on Homer's shoulders)

Damn, that was a good game.
Hell, I even like Simpsons bowling...
Old 09-16-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think some of you are glorifying the Simpson's arcade game a bit. Have you played it recently? One of my friends has, uh, let's call it a way to play old arcade games. Anyway, the Simpson's game was basically running around pressing the attack button a bunch of times. There was some funny jokes and situations and minigames, but on the whole, the game was pretty poor as far as gameplay.

Hit and Run looks pretty cool though.

Last edited by The Franchise; 09-16-03 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-16-03, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by The Franchise
I think some of you are glorifying the Simpson's arcade game a bit. Have you played it recently? One of my friends has, uh, let's call it a way to play old arcade games. Anyway, the Simpson's game was basically running around pressing the attack button a bunch of times. There was some funny jokes and situations and minigames, but on the whole, the game was pretty poor as far as gameplay.

Hit and Run looks pretty cool though.
You're probably right, it's just that most of us haven't played that game in almost ten years...
Old 09-16-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
A local arcade still has the game, and I play it about 2-3 times a month. It's still fun no matter how old it is. Can't wait for tomorrow for Hit & Run, although I will try before I buy.

Dean
Old 09-17-03, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts
I might pick this up, too. Looks like a must for any Simpsons fan.
Old 09-17-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

1 Question.

Why no Cel-Shadded graphics? Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Old 09-17-03, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
1 Question.

Why no Cel-Shadded graphics? Seems like a no-brainer to me.
I would have preferred cel-shaded also. I've never like the "3D" looking characters, for one simple reason - they don't look like they do on the show!

(except for this episode of course...)

Old 09-18-03, 02:59 AM
Banned

Has anyone played this game yet? Thoughts? Opinions?
Old 09-18-03, 07:43 AM

I rented this last night. I fell asleep playing it. People are comparing it to the GTA series and the only similarities I could see is the ability to run over people and get chased by cops. There is no guns or killing people, you aren't able to car jack only "buy" cars to drive.

Missions I've played so far were going to the store a buy some ice cream and soda, retrieve lost items that were stolen from Flanders and destroy some car by ramming into it. Boring.

It's just a deluxe version of Simspon's Road Rage as some of the mini games include driving people around and/or picking up items for them.

I probably need to play it more as some of the reviews say you can car jack, but still that wouldn't make the game much better. Not worth $50, and it's a good thing i used the gamer's pass for this.

Last edited by WepaMan; 09-18-03 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-18-03, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by WepaMan
I rented this last night. I fell asleep playing it. People are comparing it to the GTA series and the only similarities I could see is the ability to run over people and get chased by cops. There is no guns or killing people, you aren't able to car jack only "buy" cars to drive.

Missions I've played so far were going to the store a buy some ice cream and soda, retrieve lost items that were stolen from Flanders and destroy some car by ramming into it. Boring.

It's just a deluxe version of Simspon's Road Rage as some of the mini games include driving people around and/or picking up items for them.

I probably need to play it more as some of the reviews say you can car jack, but still that wouldn't make the game much better. Not worth $50, and it's a good thing i used the gamer's pass for this.
Umm, you expected guns and the option of killing people in a Simpsons game? The reason it is considered similar to GTA I would presume, is because of the mission based gameplay, and the openess of it. Just looking at the screenshots, it just screams GTA clone, design wise.

Last edited by Galanthas; 09-18-03 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-18-03, 02:05 PM
Banned

Do people forget the great Nes simpsons games?

One of my favorite games to date is Bart Vs the space mutants. Sure it was really hard. But it was the first game I bought with my actual money. I saved up forever. It costed me like 50 buck back then. So much fun.

Also the Snes games. Barts virtual, and that other snes games was really fun.

The arcade game is great. One of the main reasons I put mame on my xbox. I love that game moonwalker, tmnt o how I remember the glory days.

I think this game looks pretty good. I think I will enjoy it because I'm a simpsons fan. But if you dont love the show why would you get the game anyways? I presume why everyone likes it so much is because its the show practically in 3'd. They have every house scaled just like the show.
Old 09-18-03, 10:10 PM

Originally posted by Galanthas
Umm, you expected guns and the option of killing people in a Simpsons game? The reason it is considered similar to GTA I would presume, is because of the mission based gameplay, and the openess of it. Just looking at the screenshots, it just screams GTA clone, design wise.
If you're going to dissect my OPINION, then let me go ahead and change it to:

I think it sucks... just because.
Old 09-18-03, 10:48 PM

I'm not dissecting your opinion, I was asking an honest question. Then I was just stating what I thought the majority of people think as to why it's considered a GTA clone. Then I stated that to me the screenshots look a hell of a lot like GTA is all.

Last edited by Galanthas; 09-19-03 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-18-03, 11:19 PM

I picked this up for Xbox today, my first impression was that it's just a ramped up version of road rage, but once you start doing the side missions and collecting the various cars, clothes etc... (homer in his underwear is funny as hell) you'll see that it's much deeper. Not to mention the high quality voice acting, which strangely is still pretty fresh after 2 hours of playing.

Sure, it's no GTA, but that's not what I was expecting. It does stand up very well on its own though and I would tend to agree that it's the best simpsons game to date.
Old 09-19-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,280 Likes on 2,187 Posts
Here's the big question: Is it a fun weekend rental or do you really think it's worth a purchase?
Old 09-19-03, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts
If you're a Simpsons fan buy it, if not rent it. I picked it up today and I love it. You can carjack cars (well actually you just hop in the passenger seat and then you control the driver) you can see all sorts of places from familiar episodes and the like. I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

Old 09-19-03, 01:39 AM

I agree with nickdawgy, if the simpsons isn't your thing then just rent it. If you're a big simpsons fan then you'll have a blast playing it for sure, making it well worth the $50.
Old 09-19-03, 02:04 AM
Banned

If you want to be a stereotypical internet forum poster, you should say, "I think it sucks because it sucks."

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.