Official Unpopular Video Game Opinions Thread

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Unpopular Video Game Opinions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-03, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout & Ultimate Battle 22... the US of FB version is mainly for the scalper collector. They have got to be the stiffest fighters I've ever had my hands on. Mainly for the hardcore fans. Budokai is much better IMO.
Old 09-14-03, 11:35 PM

Originally posted by mr.snowmizer
Why would this be an unpopular opinion?
You obviously haven't had any run-ins with Final Fantasy fanboys (or any Japanese RPG fans for that matter).
Old 09-15-03, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts
Originally posted by DLogic
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout & Ultimate Battle 22... the US of FB version is mainly for the scalper collector. They have got to be the stiffest fighters I've ever had my hands on. Mainly for the hardcore fans. Budokai is much better IMO.
Find me one person who disagrees that the PS1 DB games released in America are bad...
Old 09-15-03, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Metal Gear Solid 2 was a great game, even with Raiden(whom I loved)

Final Fantasy VII is extremely overrated and one of the worst in the series

Strategy games SUCK
Old 09-15-03, 10:43 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HALO is WAY overrated.
Old 09-15-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Groucho
Many so-called "Mature" games are actually aimed squarely at adolescents.
Which are the same adolescents that claim the Gamecube is for "kids".

Mature games
Old 09-15-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
- RPGs don't take any skill, just a lot of time.

- FF and any RPGs with random battles are lame

- The PS and PS2 controllers aren't good

- SSB:M gets old quick

- Fighting games in general are only good if you play multiplayer

- The MGS games are horrible (although this doesn't seem to be that unpopular, based on this thread)

- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest is great

- Games nowadays need to be harder (this might not be unpopular...)
Old 09-15-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Expensive cutscenes and CGI effects don't woo me. Using the in-game engine does.
Old 09-15-03, 11:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
"Real-time Strategy" games have a lot of the former, but very little of the latter.
Old 09-15-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Real-time Strategy" games have a lot of the former, but very little of the latter.
Another very good one that I agree with.
Old 09-15-03, 12:06 PM
Banned

True dat.
Old 09-15-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by KillaBeez
Whats with the remarks?. Do you hate the fact that I dont like the game (HL) that you have reply with your smart ass remarks?. Why do you stick up for this game (HL) so much?. You saw this thread so you mustve saw my comments from a mile away. I love the Metal Gear Solid series but you dont see me hassleing you just because you dont like it. Give it a break man and respect other peoples opinions.
No hassle... you can like or dislike whatever you want - it's just that your arguments are weak (IMO). It seems like you're just saying it to get a rise out of people by being controversial. I believe fumanstan when he says it's overrated. I just don't believe you when you say it - "it's overrated, overrated, lame, 1 year old baby designed it, boring, and Vietcong is better." I just don't buy it. I'm guessing you didn't play it - at least not all the way through - I'm guessing you pushed the radioactive thing into the machine and then the lab blew up and you walked back to where you came in and the first headcrab killed you - so you quit... plus, you didn't play it until a year or two ago and you played it on the PS2 instead of the PC. That's just my guess - perhaps none of that is true. In any case - don't take it personally, I was just ribbing you with the vietcong comment - I don't care if you like Half Life or not.
Old 09-15-03, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
MMORPGs are excruciatingly shallow.
Old 09-15-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Videogames should not have story lines. If it's possible to skip cutscenes, dialogue, mission briefings, etc. I will do it in a heartbeat.

I'm playing a video game to PLAY, not to read.
Old 09-15-03, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Draven
Videogames should not have story lines. If it's possible to skip cutscenes, dialogue, mission briefings, etc. I will do it in a heartbeat.

Old 09-15-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked both Devil May Cry 2, AND State of Emergency
Old 09-15-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Draven

I don't skip all cutscenes, but I should definitely have the option to skip every one.
Old 09-15-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Here's mine: NFL FEVER 2004.

My unpopular opinion is that Fever04 is a good game.

I'm hooked on the read-n-lead passing. I love the way that it's implemented in this game. I also like the way the RB's run. Just because it's not as polished as ESPN, or is not called Madden everyone seems to dump on it.
Old 09-16-03, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

depends on the skill level.

Korea has taken RTS games to an extreme, and there are professional players, televised events, and huge crowds watching. Strategy making, and countering is all that matters.

Warcraft 3 is the exception. They made the game very vanilla in an attempt to lure diablo players into playing WC3 as well.
Old 09-16-03, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 956 Likes on 663 Posts
The N-Gage Rules!
Old 09-16-03, 01:52 AM
Banned

Your opinion matters.....

Just kidding.
Old 09-16-03, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by RoQuEr
Korea has taken RTS games to an extreme, and there are professional players, televised events, and huge crowds watching. Strategy making, and countering is all that matters.
Oh no doubt - they have everything down to keyboard shortcut science. It's nuts watching them play.
Old 09-16-03, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wasted my money on the Xbox
Old 09-16-03, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Virtua Fighter 4 was a boring fighter game.
Old 09-16-03, 09:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Trigger
No hassle... you can like or dislike whatever you want - it's just that your arguments are weak (IMO). It seems like you're just saying it to get a rise out of people by being controversial. I believe fumanstan when he says it's overrated. I just don't believe you when you say it - "it's overrated, overrated, lame, 1 year old baby designed it, boring, and Vietcong is better." I just don't buy it. I'm guessing you didn't play it - at least not all the way through - I'm guessing you pushed the radioactive thing into the machine and then the lab blew up and you walked back to where you came in and the first headcrab killed you - so you quit... plus, you didn't play it until a year or two ago and you played it on the PS2 instead of the PC. That's just my guess - perhaps none of that is true. In any case - don't take it personally, I was just ribbing you with the vietcong comment - I don't care if you like Half Life or not.
No, I got HL in 2000 and thats when I moved to a new place. I got it for the PC. I beat the game but nothing seemed interesting or complex in the story but people told me how interesting and complex the story is but it really felt llike an average FPS and I'v read reviews and been told how unique HL is but still felt like an average FPS for me as most FPS games out there, do a few puzzles here and there, kill aliens, escape from the infested research center with marines and black ops on ur ass, jump here and there, collect ammo here and there. My arguments are strong if I only typed out a short story. I could say the same thing that your arguments are weak for vietcong because it seems you didnt know how to find the enemy sniper on the first level and you always died so you quit. Please go through HL again and follow story this time then come back and tell me how awsome it is cause I beg to differ. However, the expansion pack Opposing Force was fun. having marines at your back was alot of fun when you got into fire fights with black ops and even more fun when theres aliens. it was cool to have a medic heal you when needed, the engineer also was cool when he torched the door for you and 1 of the main reasons why I like OF more then HL because HL is too slowed paced compared to OF and HL tries to be story driven but it failed in that in my book. I'm not too interested in games where theres aliens or futureistic looking things. Opposing Force has to be my fav game that contains aliens. I still don't see how you think my arguments are weak?. So, please explain. Also, explain why you like HL so much? because you defend this game like its god so I really want to know whats so special about HL singleplayer then all the other games out there?. I hate HL singleplayer with a passion and for me too explain the whole story for you, I would be able to write a full book about it.

BTW, vietcong isnt my favorite game for PC if you were wondering. My fav game for PC is Mafia which came out last year and I believe it will be my fav PC game for a while. So do you want to know anything else while I'm at it?.

Added: Oh ya, I like the Doom series and cant wait for Doom3 and I also like Duke Nukem and the Wolfenstein series and those games contain aliens but in order for me to explain why I like those games and not HL would be another book.

Last edited by KillaBeez; 09-16-03 at 09:15 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.