Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Sammy vs Capcom! 2D Fighting fans rejoice!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-03, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Gameforms :

At the JAMMA arcade show that took place today, Sammy, producer of the popular Guilty Gear fighting game series, revealed that it will be collaborating with Capcom for a new crossover fighter, tentatively named (wait for it) Sammy vs. Capcom. Sammy is also producing a four player fighting game named Guilty Gear Isuka. For the first screenshots of the latter, head on over to this link.

Both of these titles are in development for a new Sammy-developed arcade board called Atomiswave. The board includes a feature called AW-NET that links all Atomiswave machines online for a nationwide ranking system.

In addition, SNK has announced it will begin developing games for Atomiswave, finally upgrading from the Neo Geo boards it has used for over a decade. The next King of Fighters game is scheduled to be released for Atomiswave in the spring of 2004/

The idea of a Sammy vs Capcom game just makes me drool. Ever since I got Guilty Gear X2 for ps2, I've been itching for a cross-over between these two 2D franchises.
Old 09-12-03, 11:32 AM

WOW

LOL.. I just read this myself... This just made my day. I'm wondering how the arcade board will handle and whether or not it'll make better ports to consoles. The new Guilty Gear Isuka looks good so far and I'm kinda curious as to who will actually do most of the programming for the Vs. game.
Old 09-12-03, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright.. so I assume we'll have the awesome graphics and animations akin to Gulity Gear XX vs graphics and animations from 1992's Street Figther 2.

Capcom rocks.
Old 09-12-03, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those screenshots for the four-player title look amazing. BTW, are those other shots for a 3D Sammy fighting game?

Jeremy
Old 09-12-03, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Awesome! I'd love to see some Darkstalkers characters in Guilty Gear style graphics. GGX2 has been my favorite 2D fighting game ever since I played it, but even more I loved the unique character designs and moves. It left SNK and Capcom in the dust in terms of graphics and animation, I'm glad to see those companies now collaborating with each other on a project.

I've been reading some reports from people who have played the 4 player one and it sounds really fast paced but fun. The 3D shots are from Force Five, a 3D game by Sammy.
Old 09-12-03, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Alright.. so I assume we'll have the awesome graphics and animations akin to Gulity Gear XX vs graphics and animations from 1992's Street Figther 2.

Capcom rocks.
I'm thinking the same thing, I still look at the potential Street Fighter 3 had graphic wise only to be ruined by horribly low res sprites.