DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   New Bbuy Gamer Cards! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/317032-new-bbuy-gamer-cards.html)

GatorDeb 09-10-03 09:46 PM

New Bbuy Gamer Cards!

No need to be green anymore. I can't remember exactly the color (it's more than one) but there it is, a beautiful $5 off $19.99 or more games & accessories coupon with exp date 12/31/04 (the green ones expire 12/31/03) and I was told they get monthly shipments, so it's here to stay for at least one more year :D :D

And, I'm not talking about the Disney cards. These are bona fide replacements. So no need to stockpile the ugly green ones anymore :)

Galanthas 09-10-03 10:57 PM

I noticed them a week or so ago myself. Ever since I found out about those here, BB and Circuit City is the only place I buy my games with those cards heh. Hopefully they won't give any trouble with only putting a buck on the new gift cards though.

Outlaw 09-10-03 11:21 PM

they still have tons of the green ones at my BB last time I checked. Have not seen the blue ones yet but I'll keep an eye out. I only pick them up when I buy a game.

Deftones 09-10-03 11:25 PM

careful, though. the coupon will ring up at $0.00. Make sure the cashier inputs the correct amount. I've tried to use the coupon 2x and both times it didn't ring up right.

Jtnguyen12 09-10-03 11:41 PM

The Jewel Case for New Gamer Gift Card....... Kinda Dark Black / Purple if you see far awayz the color is "Black" inside middle of Case is Yellow/ light Green tranparency Gift Card and down in the bottom right corner "$5 off coupon".

You only it at every Cashier Register :)

PixyJunket 09-11-03 08:15 AM

Yup, I saw these the other day. It made me happy cause I just got into the whole Gamer card deals and was sad to see they ended 12/31/03. Hopefully there will be more stuff I can use on them in 04.

Kromax 09-11-03 08:21 AM

Originally posted by Galanthas
Hopefully they won't give any trouble with only putting a buck on the new gift cards though.
My three year old son helps me out on this. I tell them he likes the cards. As soon as they ring it up, they hand it to him. (I have to trade him something to get it back, though.)

Shagrath 09-11-03 09:17 AM

Originally posted by Deftones
careful, though. the coupon will ring up at $0.00. Make sure the cashier inputs the correct amount. I've tried to use the coupon 2x and both times it didn't ring up right.
The actual coupon rings up as $0.00, but the price of the discounted item should reflect the $5.00 off.

For instance, I picked up FFTA last night pricematched to CC for $27.99, and used the $5 off coupon, and the price for the item shows $22.95. They do this so you can't use the coupon, and then return it and get an additional $5.00 back.

At least that's how they do it around here..
Shagrath

Deftones 09-11-03 09:50 AM

Originally posted by Shagrath
The actual coupon rings up as $0.00, but the price of the discounted item should reflect the $5.00 off.

For instance, I picked up FFTA last night pricematched to CC for $27.99, and used the $5 off coupon, and the price for the item shows $22.95. They do this so you can't use the coupon, and then return it and get an additional $5.00 back.

At least that's how they do it around here..

That's not how it works around here. The cashier rang it up and had she not been paying attention, she would've missed that the coupon rang up a $0.00. She had to change the price of the game to reflect the coupon.

~~ PAL ~~ 09-11-03 12:14 PM

The old $5 off coupon also works for games and accessories less than $19.99. Has anyone tried the new coupons to see if this loophole still works?

Giantrobo 09-11-03 09:33 PM

what are these?

cubanx 09-11-03 10:15 PM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
what are these?
It's a VideoGame themed GiftCard with a $5 off coupon inside the Jewel Case it comes in. Usually located mixed in the Consoles videogame section.

Trevor 09-11-03 11:58 PM

Old news :)

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=313323