DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Umm..How do I get Lizardman? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/316553-umm-how-do-i-get-lizardman.html)

lesterlong 09-08-03 10:20 PM

Umm..How do I get Lizardman?

Is there a definitive way to obtain Lizardman in Soul Calibur 2? I've heard many different rumors does anyone have an exact way?

fujishig 09-08-03 10:28 PM

He's actually the hardest character to unlock... you need to get to an extra stage in weapon master mode, which is only unlocked after you reach level 76 or so. Hold on, let me look it up:

It's Alioth, subchapter 2. You need to be at least level 72 (the first edgemaster rank) and beat chapter 4 (Mizar) stage 3 at that level to unlock alioth. It's also where you can win Xianghua, Voldo, Taki, and Cassandra's Soul Edge (Complete) and buy the joke weapons, sophitia's costume, and seung mina's costume. No other way around it except to play weapon master mode until you get that rank...

Adam Tyner 09-08-03 10:35 PM

Yeah, I did it this morning. fujishig nailed it. Be at least at level 72 when you complete the extra mission on stage 3 of chapter 4 to unlock the subchapter you probably overlooked. I made the mistake of completing it much earlier, and I had the hardest time getting past Taki when I realized I had to go through it again. I wound up using Raphael's unblockable move a few times, and that took her down in pretty short order. That'll unlock subchapter 2. I'd beaten everything else up to that point, and when I knocked out that subchapter, Lizardman was unlocked. It's worth noting that Lizardman is only accessible in Practice mode and multiplayer modes...or at least, that's what I've read. :D I haven't actually tried him out yet.

Also, if you want quick cash, my cheap method was to replay the Voldo mission in subchapter 2 over and over. You get $10K with each victory.

zero 09-09-03 02:27 AM

I dunno, to some that might take too long. Oh I know [sarcasm] why dont you just use an Action Replay![/sarcasm]:p

GatorDeb 09-09-03 03:50 AM

Originally posted by zero
I dunno, to some that might take too long. Oh I know [sarcasm] why dont you just use an Action Replay![/sarcasm]:p
Worked for me! :)

Shiv Shankly 09-09-03 08:56 AM

You don’t have to finish the extra stage of Chapter 4 Stage 3 to unlock the subchapter, you just have to be at level 72 or above and beat the first stage again. However, you do apparently have to finish the extra stage to unlock Lizardman, as I have finished every other mission in the game except that one, and no Lizardman. I don’t know what it is, but I simply can’t get past that mission. I have about 70 tries logged on it, and on all but one of them I’ve failed to get past Taki. I’ve come closest with Cassandra, but it’s aggravating beyond belief.

Adam Tyner 09-09-03 09:04 AM

Originally posted by Shiv Shankly
I have about 70 tries logged on it, and on all but one of them I’ve failed to get past Taki.
Taki doesn't really attack you if you're not aggressive with her. Find an unblockable move (as I mentioned earlier, I used Raphael's), wail on her, and you'll make it through quickly and almost certainly without taking a single hit.

zero 09-10-03 02:13 AM

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Worked for me! :)
Weakling.

lesterlong 09-15-03 03:23 PM

Thanks guys. I'm at level 74 with all of Alioth beaten and still no Lizardman. I guess you have to beat every single mission. Oh yeah best way to beat Taki, two words: Ring Out.