Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there a good Capcom vs. Marvel game for Xbox?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little video game stupid compared to most here, so excuse me. Is there a Capcom vs. Marvle (or is it X-men, I don't remember) game for Xbox. And if so is it any good, is it better on other systems, & does anyone know what the cheapest price on it is. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-03-03, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Marvel vs Capcom 2 is on Xbox.. $30 is about what you should pay.
Old 09-03-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Price seems to hover around the $40 range unless you order from a Canadian retailer to save a few bucks. For reviews, check GameRankings. They're kind of all over the map.
Old 09-03-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts
When the game came out the reviews weren't all that good because they all said it was the same as the DC version. I rate the DC version one of the best fighters of all time, which would also make this one very good. If you have any interest in on-line play though, go with Capcom Vs. SNK. It supports XBOX live where as this game does not.
Old 09-03-03, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For this game, I would highly recommend you get yourself an S- Controller or a Joystick, if you dont have one or the other already. I find the D-pad on the big xbox controller horrible for fighters and is extremely frustrating sometimes.

Dont listen to the reviews on that game, I dont see what more they can expect from a 2d fighter, nothing wrong with it being the same as the DC version.
Old 09-03-03, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by noonan4224
When the game came out the reviews weren't all that good because they all said it was the same as the DC version. I rate the DC version one of the best fighters of all time, which would also make this one very good. If you have any interest in on-line play though, go with Capcom Vs. SNK. It supports XBOX live where as this game does not.
That doesn't bother me that it's like the DC version, I never played that version anyway. This game is so I can play it with a 10 year old mostly, he isn't allowed to play anything with blood or realistic violence. He loves superheroes & games he can beat people up. I only played this really when it was an arcade game, & I dug it so I thought it would be a good choice to pick up.

Is the Xbox version a solid game? Are there things to unlock? Also since this is #2, is 2 better than the original? Thanks guys.
Old 09-03-03, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts
I haven't played the XBOX version yet, but like I said, all reviews said that it was the same game as the DC version, which had great control. As a previous poster said, you may want to consider picking up a S controller for the better D-Pad. There are plenty of characters to unlock, but not much else. Two added many more characters and levels to play in. Overall a better game.
Old 09-03-03, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ctyner
[BPrice seems to hover around the $40 range unless you order from a Canadian retailer to save a few bucks. [/B]
I just found this website & just ordered it from this guy, may pick up some other games from him also. Seems a lot cheaper that the $40 dollar mark I got the game for $27.95

http://my.quickcart.com/index.cfm?StID=1484