Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gameboy Advance $50 at Costco

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-03, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gameboy Advance $50 at Costco

I was at Costco yesterday and pick up the following deal. They have a Gameboy Advance package with the the Gameboy Advance, the game Super Mario World 2, the strategy guide for the game and a wacky pak (Case to put everything in) all for $49.97. This was going for $69.97 , a couple of weeks ago. This deal probably depends on the stock at your local Costco. They had a quite a few of these at the Tri-county store for anyone living near Cincinnati.

They also had a number of GBA games for $13.99, though probably nothing to excite the member of this board. My 7-year daughter like them though. There was Piglet's Big Game, Secret Agent Barbie and Jungle Book. There were others, but thats all I remember.
Old 08-31-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked one up last night ... finally got a hold of my buddy's Costco card (apparently his card did not have a picture, so I could use it).

Great Deal. The Fuschia colored ones were all that were left, but a great deal and my son won't care about the color when he cracks it open at Christmas. I was going to pick him up a Mario game anyway for the GBA player, and for just a few bucks more got him his own GBA to go with it, along with a carrying case and the strategy guide.

Last edited by sniper308; 08-31-03 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-31-03, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally posted by sniper308
The Fuschia colored ones were all that were left, but a great deal and my son won't care about the color when he cracks it open at Christmas.
Fuschia? Fuschia!?! What the heck kind of color is that? My spectrum only contains primary colors plus a few others -- like the kinds found in a Crayola box.... and I'm not talking about the BIG hundred-crayon box either... and don't get me started on the subtle nuances of Blue-Green versus Green-Blue.

Fuschia?!? Is that like Ecru or Cream or Eggshell or Seafoam Mist?
Old 08-31-03, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by kenbuzz
Fuschia? Fuschia!?! What the heck kind of color is that? My spectrum only contains primary colors plus a few others -- like the kinds found in a Crayola box.... and I'm not talking about the BIG hundred-crayon box either... and don't get me started on the subtle nuances of Blue-Green versus Green-Blue.

Like the purple one is Indigo by Nintendo standards, the opaque pink one is called Fuschia by Nintendo, I believe. Get it? Good.
Old 08-31-03, 07:02 PM

do you have the item # for the costco item?
Old 08-31-03, 07:59 PM

Dude, you got your son a Pink Gameboy? Do you want to put him through hell or something at school or around his friends?
Old 08-31-03, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Moving to the Video Game Talk Forum ... from Hot Deals Forum.
Old 08-31-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Stunna-88
Dude, you got your son a Pink Gameboy? Do you want to put him through hell or something at school or around his friends?
I don't think it will be a problem since he is 4 going on 5, and the only one of his friends that I know who will have a GBA yet. If it is I'll just have to give him my glacier one, ebay the other one and pick up an SP for myself

Here's what it looks like.

Last edited by sniper308; 08-31-03 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-31-03, 11:59 PM

Originally posted by kenbuzz

Its also a bad sign when the colors start getting hard to pronounce. I liked it when it was red, blue, pink, maybe a complicated purple.

Last edited by menaz; 09-01-03 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-01-03, 12:00 AM

Originally posted by Stunna-88
Its not pink, its FUSCHIA
Old 09-01-03, 12:22 AM

I myself would LOVE a pink Gameboy. I had to paint my Glacier one..it's not a good paint job..

I can't wait until Pearl Pink comes out in the US for GBASP.

Maybe this is a good time to teach your son to have some individuality and not be obsessed and restricted by dumb social stereotypes.
Old 09-01-03, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by sararekuforever

Maybe this is a good time to teach your son to have some individuality and not be obsessed and restricted by dumb social stereotypes.
Well that and that cheap is good
Old 09-01-03, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by menaz
Its not pink, its FUSCHIA
Man, a guy tries to be correct regarding Nintendo's color designations and gets all this crap... anyway, just wanted to get the color straight according to the manufacturer so the Nintendo fanboys around here don't flip out and this is what I get...

The GC we have is black, and of course our X-box is like Henry Ford intended, any color you want as long as it is black.

Who would have thought so many people here would be console color bigots?
Old 09-01-03, 12:46 PM

Dont quote me :P, I was correcting Stunna-88 so we could honor your wish to maintain Nintendos color designations