DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   $10 off $30 game at Kay-Bee B&M, but there's a BIG catch (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/314133-%2410-off-%2430-game-kay-bee-b-m-but-theres-big-catch.html)

FlashStash 08-28-03 05:19 AM

$10 off $30 game at Kay-Bee B&M, but there's a BIG catch

I was in Kay-Bee today becuase an EB employee told me he had found a copy of Mojo for the PS2 there (what's that, you say? It's kind of a combination between Marble Madness and Breakout, it's a puzzle game that's only $10...I read about it in EGM in a small blurb but haven't been able to find it anywhere. EB never got it in). There was one copy left, and as I was checking out, the cashier handed me a coupon for $10 off a $30 game becuase I had purchased the last game off the shelf and it was opened. Great policy! I never thought a person who buys the last game, which is the open copy off the shelf, should not have to pay full price. Great policy KB!

FS

jrutz 08-28-03 08:35 AM

That is a good policy for buyer and seller. I was in KB yesterday and saw a game labled "last copy" on the shelf, and I was wondering if they would still sell it for full price.

This way, the buyer gets a $10 discount on another game, and the seller gets you to come back and buy another game from them. Not to mention the goodwill of giving a discount. I like it.

Jeremy

blakwngbrd 08-28-03 06:36 PM

Re: $10 off $30 game at Kay-Bee B&M, but there's a BIG catch

Originally posted by FlashStash
I was in Kay-Bee today becuase an EB employee told me he had found a copy of Mojo for the PS2 there (what's that, you say? It's kind of a combination between Marble Madness and Breakout, it's a puzzle game that's only $10...I read about it in EGM in a small blurb but haven't been able to find it anywhere. EB never got it in). There was one copy left, and as I was checking out, the cashier handed me a coupon for $10 off a $30 game becuase I had purchased the last game off the shelf and it was opened. Great policy! I never thought a person who buys the last game, which is the open copy off the shelf, should not have to pay full price. Great policy KB!

FS

How are you liking Mojo FlashStash? My boyfriend worked on it, so I have seen/heard a lot about it! It seems like a lot of fun. He's obscenely good at the game, of course :)

Jtnguyen12 08-28-03 08:05 PM

Thanks

Pickup Kessen for $14.99 (PS2) not bad deal

FlashStash 08-29-03 08:55 AM

Re: Re: $10 off $30 game at Kay-Bee B&M, but there's a BIG catch

Originally posted by blakwngbrd
How are you liking Mojo FlashStash? My boyfriend worked on it, so I have seen/heard a lot about it! It seems like a lot of fun. He's obscenely good at the game, of course :)
It's pretty good, reminds me a bit of a poor man's Super Monkey Ball! :) I've always loved any kind of marble-rolling game, so I might be a bit biased!

FS