Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Knights of the Old Republic, Help Thread - Episode 2 (spoilers ahead)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Knights of the Old Republic, Help Thread - Episode 2 (spoilers ahead)

Old 08-06-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The OFFICIAL: Knights of the Old Republic, Help Thread - Episode 2 (spoilers ahead)

Mods, coming up on 15 pages on the first thread seems a bit much. Some other members agree so if you'd like close up that thread. If you don't like, then close up this thread & we will keep adding on the pages to the first thread.

Now on for the questions & help. Here are my questions if anyone has the answers, help is appreciated as always.

I'm on Tatooine, now about to hunt down the big dragon in the cave. I'm going for 100% light if I can. So if I
Spoiler:
lure the banthers into the cave, & the sand people then attack me, will that turn the sand people against, now that I have earned their trust.
Also, will that give me darkside points if I do so. Is it possible to just
Spoiler:
go balls out, into the cave attacking the dragon, or do I have to do it the way the hunter suggests it
, My guys are only around level 10-11, so I don't know if I can beat the dragon without the hunters help.

Another question is about the weapons on Tatooine. There are some expenive guns for sale. Are they worth getting? I haven't really upraded anyone's guns since the first planet. I've been constantly using the 3 Jedi so I don't really use guns.

One last one, are the swoop races on Tatooine really worth doing?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Sessa17; 08-06-03 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-06-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's the direct link to original thread: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=305906
Old 08-06-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The OFFICIAL: Knights of the Old Republic, Help Thread - Episode 2 (spoilers ahead)

Originally posted by Sessa17
Now on for the questions & help. Here are my questions if anyone has the answers, help is appreciated as always.

I'm on Tatooine, now about to hunt down the big dragon in the cave. I'm going for 100% light if I can. So if I
Spoiler:
lure the banthers into the cave, & the sand people then attack me, will that turn the sand people against, now that I have earned their trust.
Also, will that give me darkside points if I do so. Is it possible to just
Spoiler:
go balls out, into the cave attacking the dragon, or do I have to do it the way the hunget suggests it
, My guys are only around level 10-11.

Another question is about the weapons on Tatooine. There are some expenive guns for sale. Are they worth getting? I haven't really upraded anyone's guns since the first planet. I've been constantly using the 3 Jedi so I don't really use guns. Thanks for any help.
Spoiler:
To answer the fighting the sand people in order lure banthers, don't worry about that, you won't lose the trust or getting dark side point.

Funny, I never purchase any of weapons. I survived without any problem.
Old 08-06-03, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: The OFFICIAL: Knights of the Old Republic, Help Thread - Episode 2 (spoilers ahead)

Originally posted by McHawkson
Spoiler:
To answer the fighting the sand people in order lure banthers, don't worry about that, you won't lose the trust or getting dark side point.

Funny, I never purchase any of weapons. I survived without any problem.
Thanks dude, & what a quick answer. Yeah, I was just curious about the weapons. I haven't really upgraded anything (except the light sabers), & I've been just fine. But I also haven't used anyone but the 3 jedi, so I was worried that if I had to use anyone else they would have no offense. But still , for the people that have bought the expensive guns, are they worth it?
Old 08-06-03, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn well just beat it with my soldier/guardian. Malak was tough he resisted all my dark side powers(all maxed) so had to out duel him. God what a great game!
Old 08-06-03, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also usually go with 3 Jedis but I purchased Cassus Fett's blaster on Korriban (for 10K I think), upgraded it and gave it to Carth for some double blaster damage when I feel like it...
Old 08-06-03, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And for the people stuck on the Star Forge with all those crazy regenerating droids don't sweat it... Just BASH the door as soon as the cutscene ends and you'll be fine!
Old 08-07-03, 06:45 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets remind people that if you talk about plot points or stuff that could spoil the game for people who havent played it use SPOILER tags [ spoiler] text [ / spoiler] (no spaces)

this isnt one of those message boards that ruins games for people. Thats why it rules here!
Old 08-07-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got a question for anyone who finished while going to the dark side:

Spoiler:
Do you get to kill Carth? He just ran off like the ***** he is..i went to go look for him and um...kill him but i couldnt find him anywhere i really want that guy dead, he annoyed the crap out of me when ever i talked to him
Old 08-07-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm still on the first level and there is something with the fighting cue that bugs me. Is there a way to cue up the action for one character then thenext and so on? Usually I can cue up the first character but because the other characters aren't close enough I can't cue them up until after my first character begins to fight. Is there some way around that?
Old 08-07-03, 10:31 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Yes you can cue up the actions by pressing the X button (instead of A) to choose the completed action. You will see it line up next to the character portrait. You can do this for each character then 'unpause' to let 'er rip!
Old 08-07-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Save Ferris
Yes you can cue up the actions by pressing the X button (instead of A) to choose the completed action. You will see it line up next to the character portrait. You can do this for each character then 'unpause' to let 'er rip!
But how do I switch from one characters portrait to the other before going into action? Ususally what happens is my lead character encounters the enemy first and the action screen pops up, so I cue up my attacks for the lead character, then I hit the black button to go to the other character but the action screen isn't up, so no way to cue up the attack. What step am I overlooking?
Old 08-07-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

you don't have to engage them immediatly. You can wait as long as you want to start fighting.
Old 08-07-03, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by waporvare
But how do I switch from one characters portrait to the other before going into action? Ususally what happens is my lead character encounters the enemy first and the action screen pops up, so I cue up my attacks for the lead character, then I hit the black button to go to the other character but the action screen isn't up, so no way to cue up the attack. What step am I overlooking?
What I did to get around this was to disable automatic pausing when you sight an enemy. Instead, I had the settings made so that the game would pause when I moved my D-Pad to queue up actions. When I pressed the D-Pad, I was sure I was close enough to have everyone in the playing field.
Old 08-07-03, 11:27 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Keep in mind the 'awareness' skill. This is the modifier for how far away a character can 'see' an enemy. Some of my group who have a lower 'awareness' skill wouldnt be able to attack as soon as one of my other characters in the same group. What i would do is take control of that character and move them closer to the action so they were in range to attack.

yes you dont have to attack right away either. sometimes i would ignore it and unpause until i had everyone ready.
Old 08-07-03, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoiler:
I want to get some tachi glands so I can finish off the "Mission's Brother" quest, but I don't know how to kill them. All they do is run around and do flips. I can't attack them. I've heard that if you join the poachers on Kazyyyk, they will spray you with something so the Tachis will attacke you. However, since I already killed the poachers, this isn't really an option. Is there any other way to kill the Tachis or get their glands?
Old 08-07-03, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Gamblor187
Spoiler:
I want to get some tachi glands so I can finish off the "Mission's Brother" quest, but I don't know how to kill them. All they do is run around and do flips. I can't attack them. I've heard that if you join the poachers on Kazyyyk, they will spray you with something so the Tachis will attacke you. However, since I already killed the poachers, this isn't really an option. Is there any other way to kill the Tachis or get their glands?
Spoiler:
Well, there's three tach glands in the locker box at the poacher site.
Old 08-07-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got another question about the Dragon on Tatooine. As always, thanks for any help. I don't see how these questions are spoilers but the answers might be.

So I just killed the krayt dragon & got the pearl. Now should I go back to the sandpeople with it since they sayed I'd be excepted if I had one. Or do I use it for my lightsaber? Or can I do both? What is the best use for it.
Old 08-07-03, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by Sessa17
Got another question about the Dragon on Tatooine. As always, thanks for any help. I don't see how these questions are spoilers but the answers might be.

So I just killed the krayt dragon & got the pearl. Now should I go back to the sandpeople with it since they sayed I'd be excepted if I had one. Or do I use it for my lightsaber? Or can I do both? What is the best use for it.

Are you playing light side or dark side? What levels are your characters? If they are higher, say around 10+ then you should be able to handle the sand people assault. If your not then you might find the battle more difficult. You don't get any light side or dark side points for doing this either way. It's a really fun battle and the pearl is a really good lightsaber crystal. If you choose the give them the pearl, you do get more backstory from the storyteller, about the history of the sand people, and of tantooine.

I would save right before and do both if i where you.

if your playing on the dark side you can
Spoiler:
kill the game hunter that killed the dragon with you and get another pearl
Old 08-08-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

got a question for you dark lords about the sith planet
Spoiler:
Where can I find the punks that are in hiding so I can gain prestige?
Old 08-08-03, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by s}{ammer
got a question for you dark lords about the sith planet
Spoiler:
Where can I find the punks that are in hiding so I can gain prestige?
Spoiler:
In the Shyrack Caves, for more detail read the spoiler below

Spoiler:
Once you enter the caves, take the passages that head southward. Their toward the bottom of the map. Pretty easy fight if your going for the darkside.
Old 08-08-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by David_M
Spoiler:
In the Shyrack Caves, for more detail read the spoiler below

Spoiler:
Once you enter the caves, take the passages that head southward. Their toward the bottom of the map. Pretty easy fight if your going for the darkside.
My darkside meter is already at the bottom and I find most battles less than difficult. My force powers are pretty tough, I love the lightning and choke/affliction/kill those are all fun to do. Here is my problem on this level:

Spoiler:
I have done everything else I think I can on this planet but I can't get the other female recruit to let me help her get the artifact. I can persuade her the first question but then she asks why she should let me help her and I only get failure then. My character is level 5 scout level 8 jedi and I didn't have any points in the persuade skill, so my last level up which was right on that planet I threw 2 points into that skill but still can't get her to let me help. What am I doing wrong?
Old 08-08-03, 02:36 PM

you gave to go talk to the sith trainer first then go back to her. Not the master but the apprentice who wants to double cross her master.
Old 08-08-03, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ugabuga you should use the spoiler method so you don't ruin it for others.

Spoiler:
I did that, in fact I have already talked to the apprentice, told the master about it, told the apprentice what he said, and then set the magic stuff under his bed so he is weakening. I can't wait to slaughter the both of them. I still can't get the other wanna-be sith to let me help her. I swear I tried like 50 times last night.
Old 08-08-03, 04:01 PM

I think I am gonna start my lightsider tonight...I can alrdy tell money will be much more of a problem to get being all goody goody.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.