Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Knights of the Old Republic, Help Thread - Episode 2 (spoilers ahead)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Knights of the Old Republic, Help Thread - Episode 2 (spoilers ahead)

Old 08-08-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ugabuga
I think I am gonna start my lightsider tonight...I can alrdy tell money will be much more of a problem to get being all goody goody.
Yup. I'm going for 100% light (which I don't think I could get b/c I got dark side points when I killed Bendak Starkiller) & I almost never have enough money.
Old 08-08-03, 05:47 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the game developers said in an interview that theres enough light/dark points out there to go from 100% light to 100% dark and back to light in the course of the game.
Old 08-08-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Save Ferris
the game developers said in an interview that theres enough light/dark points out there to go from 100% light to 100% dark and back to light in the course of the game.
Made sense... I reached 100% light in very early game.
Old 08-08-03, 06:36 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went through the game finishing at 100% light side (with a few dips into the dark side), and had more credits than I knew what to do with.

Throughout the game I only used a handful of grenades (had tons of thermal but never used them), didn't need medpacks after getting heal, and never used a stimpack. I used shields a few times.
Old 08-08-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've completed my 2nd run with 100% light side. I noticed that the ending is almost exactly same as my first run.

My first run, I had about 85% light side,
Spoiler:
but I killed Bastila on the Star Forge. At the ending, I was awarded with medal at the temple with everybody except for Bastila.

On my second run with 100% light side,
Spoiler:
I saved Bastila from dark side and ended with same celebration at the temple - plus Bastila.

I remember somebody said that the source claimed that there are at least 18 different endings, but the Prima's Official Strategy Guide said 3. Who's right?
Old 08-09-03, 08:32 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Heres the word form the bioware designer:
Spoiler:
"There are only the two CG endings. Saving the republic and dooming the republic. One ending for each side of the force. There are different outcomes on the starforge though which may change which cutscenes you get while traversing the starforge.

Example: You can go light side and kill Bastila, or you can go lightside and redeem Bastila." There is also a known 'easter egg' ending. would that count as 4? 2 light side endings, 2 dark side endings(with bastilla as your dark apprentice or you killing her) and an easter egg ending.
Old 08-09-03, 11:54 AM

Originally posted by s}{ammer
ugabuga you should use the spoiler method so you don't ruin it for others.

Spoiler:
I did that, in fact I have already talked to the apprentice, told the master about it, told the apprentice what he said, and then set the magic stuff under his bed so he is weakening. I can't wait to slaughter the both of them. I still can't get the other wanna-be sith to let me help her. I swear I tried like 50 times last night.
Spoiler:
I had the same problem with her, but I went up a level doing other thing and raised my feat from Affect Mind to Dominate Mind. That did the trick

If your not using that feat and your really strong like you say, each of the crypts in the Valley has a treasure you can obtain to raise your prestige.
Old 08-09-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ferris, that's rather lame since
Spoiler:
the ending is boring and short, you get a medal and it ends there. I though there might be a real ending if you play the game correctly

I'm going 100% dark side myself up to now, I even load if I get light points by accident. This means that I just
Spoiler:
killed Juhani and when I get back to the enclave, the woman jedi is pissed off at me and runs off. The bosses say to look for her to see if I can find her, but I didn't, am I supposed to fight here?
Old 08-09-03, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by David_M
Spoiler:
I had the same problem with her, but I went up a level doing other thing and raised my feat from Affect Mind to Dominate Mind. That did the trick

If your not using that feat and your really strong like you say, each of the crypts in the Valley has a treasure you can obtain to raise your prestige.
Spoiler:
How do I get into the valley without her though?
Old 08-10-03, 01:38 AM

Spoiler:
Just walk out the door The entrance to the Valley is in the north wall of the Academy. Go to the room where Master Uthar is then head north, you'll find the door in the room with practicing students and teachers. The cave with the Rebel students is on the path, then it opens up to the Valley
Old 08-10-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

doh
Old 08-10-03, 12:42 PM

Spoiler:
On the Rakata Planet, after you have commited to the Dark Side and confronting your companions, is there a trick into provoking Carth into a fight? I even have Force Persuasion with the same result.
Old 08-10-03, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
Spoiler:
On the Rakata Planet, after you have commited to the Dark Side and confronting your companions, is there a trick into provoking Carth into a fight? I even have Force Persuasion with the same result.
Spoiler:
He still run away, no matter what. It's part of the game.
Old 08-10-03, 01:24 PM

I wonder if Carth will be comin back in the sequel why else can;t he be killed
Old 08-10-03, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder if Carth will be comin back in the sequel why else can;t he be killed
Hey newbie. Use spoiler warnings. Don't you think all those weird black bars are in the post for a reason
Old 08-10-03, 07:09 PM

I need to know something about Manaan:

Spoiler:
Is there any way to get back into the city after you have killed the big shark? I want to continue my assassin quest...even see about Sunry, but I am denied access to Ahto from the docking bay.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-10-03, 08:30 PM

I don't think you understand what I mean:

Spoiler:
I can't even leave the hangar that has the Ebon Hawk in it. I am not allowed past the place where the ship lands...I can't see anyone in the hangar
Old 08-10-03, 08:34 PM

gabeon,
you're right:
Spoiler:
While I did manage to get back in to Ahto, I forgot that I hadn't killed the shark previously, just destroyed the machine.

It's easy to get confused when you play a game multiple times in a different manner each go round. My bad.
Old 08-11-03, 12:24 AM

gabeon

Spoiler:
If you poisoned the water to kill the shark, your screwed. It's alright to do that, but you want to complete all the side quests first. What you did was poison the entire planet, and the fish-people know it So if you have a saved game from before you poison it, I'd go back and do everything you want to do on the planet first then kill the shark. You'll still be expelled, but you'll have finished all the quests.
Old 08-11-03, 08:35 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

For those of you who want a truly evil dark side ending...
Spoiler:
you can use force persuasion to have Zalbaarr KILL Mission!
Old 08-11-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ferris, no way! How do you do that.
Spoiler:
I only use HK47 and Canderous as they are evil, is there a planet where I can have Zalbaar and Mission together and pick a fight? I've completed Tattoine and started on Kashyyk, but I've hardly used Mission and Zalbaar at all since they both suck.
Old 08-11-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

More of a curiosity question if anyone can help out. I don't think the questinos spoil anything, just the answers, so I'm not going to put questions in spoilers blocks.

I'm on Manaan now, & when you take the Sith ship to the Sith base, are you suppose to get arrested. Is there a way to do it without getting arrested or is that suppose to happen.

Also I've asked a couple of times & still haven't gotten a response. Are the swoop races worth doing. Am I missing anything by not doing them. It's the only part of the game I really don't b/c of all the loading plus I just suck at it, I never win.
Old 08-11-03, 01:40 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Originally posted by Feneant
Ferris, no way! How do you do that.
Spoiler:
I only use HK47 and Canderous as they are evil, is there a planet where I can have Zalbaar and Mission together and pick a fight? I've completed Tattoine and started on Kashyyk, but I've hardly used Mission and Zalbaar at all since they both suck.
Heres how
Spoiler:
you have to have the force power DOMINATE MIND then when you turn to the dark side in the END OF THE GAME theres that option. scroll down its there. I havent finished the game dark side yet but I *KNOW* its there trust me.

Sessa here are your answers:
Spoiler:
YES when you get out of the sith base you are supposed to get arrested. You are supposed to stand trial. It gets a little hotter when its your neck on the line instead of that other dude. As far as the SWOOP racing goes, there are at least 2 people i know of that 'wont talk to you, but maybe if you were a better swoop bike racer...' suggesting that there are other side quests available. One example is the dude on tattoine that you can persuade to take the crappy contract with the hutt.

Last edited by Save Ferris; 08-11-03 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-11-03, 08:46 PM

Anyone able to get Darth Bandon as a party member?
Old 08-12-03, 09:06 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Anyone able to get Darth Bandon as a party member?
Spoiler:
no its not possible. you can only have the wookie, mission, jolee, juhani, bastilla, carth, t3, hk, and canderous. BUT depending on your choices you might not get some of them and you dont NEED all of them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.