Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

More EyeToy games on the way!

Old 07-30-03, 04:10 PM
Banned

More EyeToy games on the way!

Just to irritate Gizmo and pixy

Wednesday 30th July 2003

NEW EYETOY GOODIES HEADING OUR WAY

EyeToy Groove, EyeToy Sports and going online - the way forward for the 'look ma, it's me on the telly' range

12:28 EyeToy Play has proved to be a raging success in Europe, already selling over 250,000 out of the 500,000 taken delivery of. And with future game themes, Sony's expecting to shift more sharpish.
Talking to German videogames trade magazine MCV, managing director of Sony Germany, Manfred Gerdes, said that Sony hopes to boost the sales of the EyeToy even further with the new games to follow on from the oiginal EyeToy Play.

First up this November is EyeToy Groove, a dancing game similar to the dancing mat games - but with you as the gibbon-armed on-screen star.

Herr Gerdes also announced that there will be further topic-based EyeToy games, the first being EyeToy Sport featuring various sports, and that it will feature online duels with other EyeToy owners.

Details are skant, but we expect EyeToy to let you put your face and expressions on various characters, then play in team-based online games. We'll bring you further details when we get them.

Nick Walkland
Old 07-30-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You're obsessed...
Old 07-30-03, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ^sam^
You're obsessed...
I can't help it! I'm fascinated with peripherals! heheehe...

Just wait until Karaoke Revolution hits stores!

FS
Old 07-30-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk God

I can't imagine how this has actually sold more than 5 units total.
Old 07-30-03, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I won't rip on that idea as much as some here but I would NEVER buy this and if it was given to me I'd sell it on eBay.

I don't care for the concept, the camera or the game selection at all.

It might be an idea that works and as we can see some people are interested but if I want to play online and look like an idiot....I'll go to the Pro room when Halo 2 goes online.
Old 07-30-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And... I still say this thing will NOT sell, even if Sony tries to support it. American Gamer's couldn't careless about this crap (unless your drunk).
Old 07-31-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wheee... another eye-toy thread! I wont say much, but what I will say is that somewhat cool shite like this is what will keep the gaming industry on the cutting edge of technology and keep the growth rate of the industry on it's frantic pace. More people with consoles means more people makinggames means more competition means better stuff for us.