Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance for GC

Old 07-29-03, 07:04 AM
Cool New Member

Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance for GC

Okay, I just finished this game the other day(going to do the gauntlet soon) but wondered, are they going to make BG - Dark Alliance 2 for the GC?
This was a really fun hackemup game, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short. I need more! Also, I noticed in the little manual that came with the game that they had the dwarf at something like a level 24 with mucho gold? HTH? I was a level 15 when I beat Eldrith and had maybe 50,000 gold. I saw that they were making a part 2, but didn't really see any info for the GC. And if they do make it for the GC, are the characters importable?
Thanks!
Old 07-29-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You can replay the game with the character you already beat it with; that is how you get higher levels.

Supposedly, BG2 is in development, but I haven't heard any specifics on what consoles it will be on.
Old 07-29-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believe it was originally in development for all 3 consoles, but I believe the GC release was dropped. It releases for X-Box and PS2 in October.
Old 07-29-03, 10:34 AM
Suspended

You have chosen....poorly. Sorry, According to Interplay's site it's only coming out for PS2 and Xbox. I don't think characters are going to be importable, but you never know. Website says:
"Five new customizable characters, each with distinctive powers appearances and abilities that develop throughout the game."

Looks like the Fallout game that looks similar to BGDA is Xbox/PS2 only as well.
Old 07-29-03, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think Dungeons and Dragons Heroes went X-Box exclusive also...
Old 07-29-03, 11:20 AM

If you look at the Inventory screenshots for Champions of Norrath It is VERY similar to Baldurs Gate - Dark Allience. My understanding is that it is the same company producing both! Both of those games looks to be remarkably good!
Old 07-29-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance for GC

Originally posted by stevearino
Okay, I just finished this game the other day(going to do the gauntlet soon) but wondered, are they going to make BG - Dark Alliance 2 for the GC?
This was a really fun hackemup game, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short. I need more! Also, I noticed in the little manual that came with the game that they had the dwarf at something like a level 24 with mucho gold? HTH? I was a level 15 when I beat Eldrith and had maybe 50,000 gold. I saw that they were making a part 2, but didn't really see any info for the GC. And if they do make it for the GC, are the characters importable?
Thanks!
Finishing the gauntlet will unlock extreme mode. You can import your character into a new game. The monsters will drop considerably more treasure, and the shops will have better items. The level cap is level 40 you can play through the game a few times before hitting it.
Old 07-29-03, 01:47 PM

I haven't put much time into the gauntlet: any suggestions on how to beat it easily? I want to unlock extreme mode.
Old 07-29-03, 01:51 PM

Look in gamefaqs.com
Old 07-29-03, 02:29 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by CaptStormy
If you look at the Inventory screenshots for Champions of Norrath It is VERY similar to Baldurs Gate - Dark Allience. My understanding is that it is the same company producing both! Both of those games looks to be remarkably good!
Yep, BGDA series and CoN are both being developed by Snowblind Studios. I love when a little known studio comes out of nowhere to deliver an unhyped but very solid game.

Champions of Norrath is going to feature 4 player online play.
Old 08-01-03, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Check out Fallout as well. It will supposedly be very much like BGA when it hits this fall.

The original PC game was great, and it should be a lot of fun on the console if they make the same type of changes they did to the BG series.

Is Champions of Norrath a renamed D&D Heroes or something?
Old 08-01-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance for GC

Originally posted by karnblack
Finishing the gauntlet will unlock extreme mode. You can import your character into a new game. The monsters will drop considerably more treasure, and the shops will have better items. The level cap is level 40 you can play through the game a few times before hitting it.
don't forget that you can also use drizzt afterwards... he gets to use 2 swords at once
Old 08-02-03, 11:42 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by MrKen
Is Champions of Norrath a renamed D&D Heroes or something?
No, Champions of Norrath is an Everquest game with the gameplay/engine of BGDA, being developed by the company that made BGDA. D&D Heroes is a separate game.