Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Will bestbuy price match mario golf with the $10 gift card from circuit city??

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-27-03, 12:20 PM

thanks!!
Old 07-27-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk God

more than likely no. places don't usually match when there's an "instant rebate", mail in rebate or other special promo offer. You could always try, though.
Old 07-27-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FWIW, I was able to have them match CC's $10 gift card deal on KOTOR. They didn't really match it, they just gave me $10 off. (Plus the $5 gift card coupon deal, I might add.) I paid a total of 35 bucks. Try it.
Old 07-27-03, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Will...... Best buy or Circuit City Pricematch w/ Ebgames '"Resident Evil 0 w/ $20 Rebate or even $20 off"" ??

It's possible you get resident Evil 0 for ZERO ??
Old 07-27-03, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
Will...... Best buy or Circuit City Pricematch w/ Ebgames '"Resident Evil 0 w/ $20 Rebate or even $20 off"" ??

It's possible you get resident Evil 0 for ZERO ??
unlikely because it is a mail in isn't it?

I've had luck getting to match instant rebates but you will not get a match on the mail in.
Old 07-27-03, 07:24 PM

Especially since the EB Rebate deal isnt for money, you just get $20 worth of credit.
Old 07-27-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by neale
FWIW, I was able to have them match CC's $10 gift card deal on KOTOR. They didn't really match it, they just gave me $10 off. (Plus the $5 gift card coupon deal, I might add.) I paid a total of 35 bucks. Try it.
I never understand when people say that. Every time I try to PM and use a coupon I'm rebuffed. Today I picked up THPS4 fopr $19.99 PM'ing CC and the very nice clerk tried several times to use the coupon but the machine wouldn't let her. She called the manager and she promptly shot me down. How are people doing it if the register won't let you?
Old 07-27-03, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In my experience, Circuit City is the BEST Store for pricematching w/ any store w/o any hassle or problem.

Beside, The customer service is very helpfuly & Extremely friendly compare to Bestbuy Store.
Old 07-27-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Decker
I never understand when people say that. Every time I try to PM and use a coupon I'm rebuffed. Today I picked up THPS4 fopr $19.99 PM'ing CC and the very nice clerk tried several times to use the coupon but the machine wouldn't let her. She called the manager and she promptly shot me down. How are people doing it if the register won't let you?
Did it this past week with the Target ad for X-Box platinum hits at $16, PM'd at Best Buy and used the coupon. The cashier had to work at it a little bit to over ride the register but she got it done, other times the cashier knew what to do right away.
Old 07-27-03, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
In my experience, Circuit City is the BEST Store for pricematching w/ any store w/o any hassle or problem.

Beside, The customer service is very helpfuly & Extremely friendly compare to Bestbuy Store.
WOW, completely the opposite as here. At BB, I have never had a problem PMing, but CC always seems to want to do a background check on me prior to doing it.
Old 07-27-03, 09:36 PM

Does circuit city pricematch an online price? Thank you.
Old 07-27-03, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Some of the Circuit City employee's did Pricematch w/ Online store but some of them don't ... depend on you luck

Some of them are pretty Koolz... Just name the Price and the Matched w/o calling to verify