DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Kaboom! Most addictive game ever? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/307436-kaboom-most-addictive-game-ever.html)

Bcolon 07-25-03 11:49 PM

Kaboom! Most addictive game ever?

Like most of us, my Atari 2600 is packed away somewhere in the basement collecting dust, but I started thinking about Kaboom the other day and how much fun it was, so I did some searching and found a 2600 emulator and the rom (which is legal since I own the game) and started playing and now I can't stop. Simple graphics, simple concept, just try to catch the bombs with the water pails, but awesome game. Anyone else still playing it?

spainlinx0 07-26-03 01:02 AM

That is so weird because I was just talking about this today with some people, and how the paddle controllers were so perfect for it.

Lastblade 07-26-03 07:56 AM

I really like the 5200 version as well, but no paddle and trying to play it with the non-centering analog stick really SUCKS! :)

Goblincat 07-26-03 08:27 AM

Spider Fighter is more addictive. :)

Bcolon 07-26-03 09:30 AM

Spider fighter is a good game, but it isn't Kaboom! :) Have you seen www.atariage.com ? It is a great website with lots of info, pictures, and hints for just about everygame ever made.

Bcolon 07-26-03 09:30 AM

Anyone else remember any good addicting games from the Atari age?

DaBargainHunta 07-26-03 10:35 AM

Kaboom is one of the games on Activision Anthology for PS2, but there's no paddle to play it with. :\

goLUCKY 07-26-03 01:30 PM

Yars Revenge!

Bcolon 07-26-03 01:43 PM

Originally posted by DaBargainHunta
Kaboom is one of the games on Activision Anthology for PS2, but there's no paddle to play it with. :\
Yes, I have that for the PS1, but, somehow, alot of the games have a crappy translation. The PS! version of Kaboom has lousy hit detection for the buckets.

Gideon68 07-26-03 05:30 PM

Dodge'em, I think that was the title for the Atari 2600.

Music 07-28-03 02:29 AM

Most addictive game ever, would most likely have to go to Tetris.

jekbrown 07-28-03 04:48 AM

yeah, tetris is pretty much the king of the hill for addictiveness. Atleast thats what most people think. Me? I'm addicted to Smash TV...

j

SmackDaddy 07-28-03 09:45 AM

How about SW:KOTOR!! That's the most addicting game I've played recently, and I normally steer clear of RPG's.

All time addictive? For me it was Columns on the Genesis..that soothing hypnotic music, pretty colored blocks...aaaaah. Me and my friends would play head to head for hours on end.

goLUCKY 07-28-03 10:06 AM

TETRIS I can't believe that this hasn't been mentioned yet, the only game that ever totally haunted me. I could see those damn shapes everywhere I looked. It even invaded my dreams, IIRC.

Music 07-28-03 10:17 AM

Originally posted by goLUCKY
TETRIS I can't believe that this hasn't been mentioned yet,
Yeah, you wanna read the 3rd post above yours... :p