Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SW: KoTOR - Pazaak worth playing?

Old 07-25-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

SW: KoTOR - Pazaak worth playing?

can someone tell me what i'm missing (other than money) by ignoring pazaak altogether? not that i want spoilers or anything, but is there some sort of side quest for playing?

i've skimmed the rules a couple of times and i still don't get it. not sure if i want to divert both my brain cells to try to understand how to play.
Old 07-25-03, 01:26 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

its like 21 but its 20 and you can hit with your own cards.

I skipped playing it too.
Old 07-25-03, 03:22 PM

I just played it quite a while just for fun... I think it's a pretty entertaining derivative of Blackjack.

After the old man had explained the rules, I still had no idea what I was supposed to do, though. I had to play it a couple of times, then it was crystal clear.
Old 07-25-03, 07:32 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Supposedly if you win 10 times in a row you are rewarded with a a special lightsaber crystal but that seems to be a rumor.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread...ghlight=Pazaak
Old 07-27-03, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

apparently its a bug. The guy says he gives you a reward, but nothing gets added to your inventory. The guy in question is the guy who doubles his bet every game. It makes a wierd journal entry too, so I would avoid him altogether.
Old 07-27-03, 04:51 AM
Suspended

That sucks...

The journal entry you get instead of the item that's promised is related to a quest on the planet.

I tried beating him after that quest was completed, and didn't get the journal entry or item. Argh!

I'm also finding it impossible to complete the "Storyteller" quest on Tantooine. Double argh!

I should've known that this game would have some bugs based on Bioware's history with the Baldur's Gate series.
Old 07-27-03, 09:24 AM

I find it a fun, relaxing way to pick up some extra money.
Old 07-27-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't be so harsh. When a game has 25,000 lines of speech, and probably twice that number of triggers, you're bound to miss a few things. Thats why PC games are so nice. They are easily patched.

Off topic, but will the PC version be running off the bioware NW nights engine? I hope so. Everything that annoys me about the game has to do with the interface. Why do you have to pause and scroll 3 screens back just to look at the feedback? If they want to use the d20 system, why do they make it so hard to see?