Reload this Page >

For all the PS2 Eye Toy fans/haters...

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

For all the PS2 Eye Toy fans/haters...

Old 07-23-03, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by pixyboi
First of all, you think Sony is selling this device with the game? You really think somebody said "LET'S MAKE A GAME WHERE YOU CLEAN BIRD ****!!" and they decided to be nice and give you a free camera? No it's the other way around.. you are getting the game free with the device, because they intend the device to be used for other games, which it will not be. Just like the Super Scope you're getting a selection of simple games which you'll be bored of in a week, and they've already made their money selling you something with promises of greatness ahead, and of course, as history repeats itself too many times, there will be a scattering few things to use it for, even fewer that people will be interested in or glad that they bought the device for.

This is going to be something that people buy, and forget about.. that much I am sure of.
I don't see any 'promises of greatness'..I see one game, with a device needed to play that game. If there are future games that it uses...great! If not, no loss, this cost me no more than any other game.

And you should be happy with the innovation this brings to gaming, instead of the same old tired game genres. I've never understood hatred for a piece of electronic equipment. I own all 3 systems and happily get to play the best games released, no matter for what system. It's sad that you have to hate a 'system'...you're the one missing out on all the great games.

FS
Old 07-23-03, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
That just sounds really weird. What does it matter if you are paying for the games or the peripheral. It's 40 bucks and you aren't going to be able to buy them separate. Like I said I'll probably buy this and there are already arcade games that could use this like the aforementioned Police911. Even if it doesn't it should be a decent party game.
Old 07-23-03, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The arguement is one of success not what my console preference is.. and without future support that counts as failure. You seem to think that Sony is banking on huge wads of cash on just this little window washing game, and that's YOUR mistake.
Old 07-23-03, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,875 Likes on 1,235 Posts
Originally posted by FlashStash
And that's your mistake...why does a peripheral, which does not increase the cost of the game you buy it with, need to be used with many games to be a success?
I don't think it's unreasonable at all to equate a peripheral's success with the number of games that use it. What other criteria would you use?