Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Free video game site

Old 07-18-03, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free video game site

Picked this site up thanks to ScottyWH who posted it in the store forum. Its http://www.freevideogames.com It is from the same people who run theFreedvds.com site. In case youre wondering if it is legitimate, it is, there is a HUGE thread and excellent FAQ in the Store forum, click here . There is also a thread that lists what DVDs different people have received from these sites, I am just too lazy to look it up right now .

Last edited by menaz; 07-19-03 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-18-03, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Free video game site

Originally posted by menaz
I kind of stuck my referral ID in there, in case anyone actually signs up
referral links aren't allowed at DVDTalk - you should change that before they close and lock this thread.
Old 07-18-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Holy cow!!

You can share pts from FreeDVDs.com!!! I had 1500 which means I just got Mario Kart for the GBA FREE !!! I just saved $25!!! YOU RULE!!!

I trust this site since I've had a good experience with FreeDVDs.com, and just spent $11 for for 3,600 points. Most brand-new releases, such as Wario World, are 1,900 points (Mario Kart: Super Circuit was 1,250 points) and a GBASP is 4,000 points and an XBOX is 7,200 points, so this really is a great system. That means I just paid $11 for Wario World GC and Brute Force XBOX BOTH, for instance

Whatever you do, make a text file of what and when you sign up for stuff. I write down date, time, website address, member ID, duration of free trial, points, and cost of free trial. Most of the stuff you have to call and cancel or you get charged. It does work, though, I've never been charged after cancelling (I've been charged because I've forgotten to cancel, but a quick phone call reverses the charge). After cancelling, I move it to my Cancelled section and after the points show up (within days), I erase it from the file. It's worked for me so far.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 07-18-03 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-19-03, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is the only way to get points is by their sponsors or do you get points everytime someone clicks the referal like because if thats the case im not getting any points
Old 07-19-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Yes you have to sign up for stuff. I mean no one else has to click on YOUR referral, you have to sign up for offers.

So far I've spent $26.50 and gotten:
F-Zero GX Preorder
Pokemon Ruby
Mario Kart

I have 170 pts in my account and I still have 3200 pts to be credited, which is almost enough for two more console games. So if I do another $3 offer that will be $29.50 spent for three console games and two GBA games.

I'm a happy camper, especially since BB wanted $30 for Mario Kart alone