Reload this Page >

Diablo 2 1.10 Beta Now Available

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-03-03, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/beta/

Due to the magnitude of the upcoming Diablo II 1.10 patch, we are for the first time ever conducting a special patch beta test! Unlike our previous beta tests, you do not have to sign up to participate. To help beta test the Diablo II 1.10 patch, you simply need to download and install the beta patch.
Have fun!
Old 07-03-03, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

People still play this? Hasn't every possible nook and cranny been probed yet?
Old 07-04-03, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The beta patch cannot be used on Battle.net -- it's only for single play and TCP/IP modes.

I haven't played Diablo II in at least 6 months. This new patch has restored some interest for me. It seems like the game is getting an overhaul.
Old 07-04-03, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This patch has been a long time in the making. There's still tons of people playing this on bnet. It's pretty addicting once you start getting back into it. I wonder what the changes are in the beta 1.10.
Old 07-04-03, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by BigPete
People still play this? Hasn't every possible nook and cranny been probed yet?
i never got into diablo 2. loved the first one but i thought the 2nd wasn't as engrossing. the graphics looked crappy to me (not sure if it was b/c i bought a much larger monitor). and the respawning monsters was really annoying.

anyway, i think my bro-in-law has it and he's done so i'll probably borrow his copy and try it out again.
Old 07-04-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by young
i never got into diablo 2. loved the first one but i thought the 2nd wasn't as engrossing. the graphics looked crappy to me (not sure if it was b/c i bought a much larger monitor). and the respawning monsters was really annoying.
ditto.
Old 07-04-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, when this first came out played it non stop. After a while I slowed down and lost my characters do to inactivity. Then the expansion came out and I played it non stop agian. Now its been at least a year since I've touched it. Maybe I'll check it out again.
Old 07-04-03, 12:04 PM

Woo! I'm glad they're throwing us a bone and giving us the patch, even a single-player beta, over the long weekend. I'm looking forward to all the changes...I've been logging on and keeping my Bnet characters active for this patch, but I'll probably end up making new ladder chars anyway.
Old 07-04-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

oh by the way.... if you read the fine print.. it says if you install the 1.10 beta then you will not in any way be able to play on battle.net unless you use the batch file with it to revert back to 1.09 or reinstall the game
..the 1.10 beta patch apparently disables battle.net

Diablo II BETA Patch 1.10 is playable ONLY in single-player mode and ONLY via TCP/IP for multiplayer. You cannot play this version on Battle.net. If you install this patch, you will not be able to connect to Battle.net to play Diablo II or Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. If you wish to play on Battle.net again, we are including a batch file (RevertTo109.bat) that you can use to revert back to Diablo II: Lord of Destruction version 1.09. You can also uninstall the beta patch and reinstall the game to regain access to Battle.net. We will be posting a list of what this patch changes soon
Old 07-04-03, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any details on the contents of this patch?
Old 07-04-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Answered my own question:

http://www.diabloii.net/features/v110-play-test.shtml
Old 07-05-03, 05:48 PM

man this patch has been in the making for almost a year now. I stopped playing last summer and I don't plan on starting again. This game seriously eats up your life once you get into it...
Old 07-06-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I wanted to get back into the game once I heard all the changes they were putting into 1.10. It's almost like a minor expansion. Tons of new items, skill changes, monster changes, etc.

It seems like they were right about increasing the difficulty. I played a little bit yesterday and had a lot more trouble with a solo Barbarian than I remember.
Old 07-07-03, 10:11 PM

I've gotten pretty bored with the beta...once you're used to playing on Bnet, it's incredibly tedious to do a single player run, mainly because the skills in the early game aren't all that different (the synergetic bonuses don't really make much difference until later in the game). I played single player three years ago, I don't especially want to do it again. I'll wait until the full 1.10 is released.

I am curious to see the new items and the "world event". One of the necro sets make you look like a vampire (y'know, the firewalling bastards from the Arcane Sanctuary) if you complete the entire set. And if you complete one of the assassin sets (the Natalya set?), your character becomes partly transparent. I think I'll be squeezing out quite a bit more playtime with this patch, once it hits Bnet.
Old 07-17-03, 03:48 PM

They've just put up a list of the changes in the patch...it's a good read:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/bet...hchanges.shtml